Regarding Dec. 9 no longer being the unofficial date

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Not to wade too deep into the cesspool that's become the Verizon Galaxy Nexus rumor mill but, yes, we've gotten numerous tips that the unofficial Dec. 9 date has been taken off the table.

We just got off the phone with Verizon, who reiterated to us that "We haven't announced an official date for it yet." So that's that.

Not sure if it has anything to do with the localized LTE problems we've been hearing about -- Verizon didn't really comment on that either. But think back to the messy launch of the HTC ThunderBolt, which was delayed after a major LTE outage.

Also, I got an out-of-office message from our usual corporate PR contact, who's gone through that supposed Dec. 9 date. Hard to imagine a launch without the head PR contact being available, no? (That's my speculation though.) I'm not going to give when the contact's due back, though. Will cause unwarranted speculation.

Anyway, that's where we stand. Let's keep the roaring to a minimum.

Hilbe

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
They are selling OEM accessories via telesales. I just ordered the extended battery and silicon case 15 minutes ago.

taadow1030

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
You've got to be kidding ! I'm actually a Sprint subscriber, but was waiting for the Verizon subscribers to provide their initial thoughts. Also, we can't get it until Verizon get s their act together!

SchroederNexus

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Phones are shipped, trainings held, OTA update already scheduled for as soon as phones are activated. I can't imagine that they are going to sell so many that it'll knock down "America's Most Reliable Network". A lot of the country still doesn't even have 4G coverage. Sad to say, in my mind, I know you may be right and that kills me.

Last edited:

jhhoffma

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I vaguely remember the T/B launch being messy, but was it as completely botched as this one? I've been due for upgrade since July. The Bionic was bad enough, but this is getting completely out of hand. Not sure why they wouldn't let the community do the marketing on this one and just hand a freakin' date out.

You can always sell the Razrs/Rezounds to those who don't know any better after the holiday, when you know they'll discount phones further anyway.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Wait, close a thread to start one with speculation/your opinion? Not again.

Someone is not taking the news very well. I've sent a few angry tweets so I think it's out of my system. Hell, I've been waiting since July. What's a few more days at this point?

We all know Verizon sucks. Hopefully, in two years time there will be a suitable alternative to their company.

FD2

Shadow Lurker
Aug 9, 2009
Visit site
Someone is not taking the news very well. I've sent a few angry tweets so I think it's out of my system. Hell, I've been waiting since July. What's a few more days at this point?

We all know Verizon sucks. Hopefully, in two years time there will be a suitable alternative to their company.

My point was why close a thread to rehash the same info and start a new one? What was said could have been said in the old thread.

Reactions: Akuma

complexx

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I woke up this morning telling myself, "just 2 more days....":'(

Everyone did, although I'm sure many of them won't admit it. We're all waiting, anxiously.

Having enthusiast sites like this one and the like is at the same time absolutely great and absolutely terrible. It's lots of fun to read about future tech and be able to make informed decisions, but at the same time, you end up playing the waiting game everytime something big comes around.

thedeceiver

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I vaguely remember the T/B launch being messy, but was it as completely botched as this one?

You won't believe it... but it was actually significantly worse than this. I think if it gets delayed to January, that would transcend the Thunderbolt shennanigans. Otherwise, this is about part for the course with Verizon. They are TERRIBLE at execution.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX