So the g-nex screeen is essentially like what 4.3"??

FromBillionsCameOne

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
and the phone is roughly the same size as most 4.3" phones?

I'm in love with the phone already the only thing is that i've really wanted a larger phone ever since I played with the infuse and epic touch in the stores and even though the screen is 4.65 inches i'm guessing that in practical terms it's actually about 4.3

Last edited:

complexx

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: Does the g-nex have roughly the same dimensions as the evo 4g

You really need to do a google search here for your answer...

I'd wager the Galaxy Nexus is larger than the EVO 4G...

Z Fury

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
From what I've read/seen, the phone is similar in size to other 4.3" phones, but is able to utilize 4.65" of display when the (whatever they are called) buttons disappear during video playback. More often than not, you'll only be dealing with 4.3" viewable display.

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
The phone itself is 4.65 i think. Because it's slightly larger than than the SGSII and that is 4.5. So i assume the scren is about 4.5 and with the virtual buttons up, its 4.3. This is all guessing though

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
The phone itself is taller than the EVO, but thinner. And yeah, you don't get all 4.65 inches for every app. The on-screen buttons take up some pixels, so you really are only dealing with something like a 4.3-inch screen.

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Droid Charge overlayed on Galaxy Nexus

nexusvscharge.png

ryangeno

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
The phone itself is taller than the EVO, but thinner. And yeah, you don't get all 4.65 inches for every app. The on-screen buttons take up some pixels, so you really are only dealing with something like a 4.3-inch screen.

yeah so why dont we just buy frickin razrs and be done with this nonsense.

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
yeah so why dont we just buy frickin razrs and be done with this nonsense.

lol Rezound>Razr. I am considering the Droid 4 if it comes out before the nexus though. I still want a keyboard and it seems motos bootloaders DO get cracked. Just takes time. Im ok with that.

kharrigan

Now using God's Phone
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I think that a better way of saying this is that worst-case, you'll have the same screen space as a 4.3" phone. Best case, you'll get all 4.65"... Wait. That sounded wrong...

praytorain

May 16, 2010
Visit site

But if you buy a 4.3 inch screen now,when it gets ICS won't it be more like a 4.0-inch screen?

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

Is the usable screen width 2.21 inches, like a 4.3in screen. Or is it as that one mock up listed, which had it listed at 2.24 inches across. It's hard to tell in pics if it actually is wider than the average 4.3" or 4.5" screen.

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
But if you buy a 4.3 inch screen now,when it gets ICS won't it be more like a 4.0-inch screen?

Ics will remove the buttons on a phone with hardware buttons. I think once ICS is actually released we will see the end of hardware buttons from all manufactures.

hyperdude

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Ics will remove the buttons on a phone with hardware buttons. I think once ICS is actually released we will see the end of hardware buttons from all manufactures.
ICS is actually released - it's on AOSP. It's just that it's only available on the GSM Galaxy Nexus (officially) right now.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

On screen buttons seem more like a possible feature avaiable in the OS for future phones. I don't think it will be mandatory in future builds, by any means. There's to many anal retentive fuddy duddies, who want hard buttons to do away w/ them completely.

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I would love for manufacturers to go all on screen buttons. But they better hurry before apple patents it. They might sue just for thinking about ripping them off.