Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By zer0vette
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default So the g-nex screeen is essentially like what 4.3"??

and the phone is roughly the same size as most 4.3" phones?

I'm in love with the phone already the only thing is that i've really wanted a larger phone ever since I played with the infuse and epic touch in the stores and even though the screen is 4.65 inches i'm guessing that in practical terms it's actually about 4.3
    Last edited by FromBillionsCameOne; 12-07-2011 at 10:45 AM. Reason: reworded

Default Re: Does the g-nex have roughly the same dimensions as the evo 4g

You really need to do a google search here for your answer...

I'd wager the Galaxy Nexus is larger than the EVO 4G...
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: So the g-nex screeen is essentially like what 4.3"??

i can't find the gnex in inches nor the evo in millimeters
    I was just hoping the people that have actually used it could clarify

From what I've read/seen, the phone is similar in size to other 4.3" phones, but is able to utilize 4.65" of display when the (whatever they are called) buttons disappear during video playback. More often than not, you'll only be dealing with 4.3" viewable display.

who cares it's never coming out on Verizon anyway... LOL
    caseydietz and jephanie like this.
    Journeyman

ROM
    A

The phone itself is 4.65 i think. Because it's slightly larger than than the SGSII and that is 4.5. So i assume the scren is about 4.5 and with the virtual buttons up, its 4.3. This is all guessing though

Thanked by:
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    3,970 Global Posts

The phone itself is taller than the EVO, but thinner. And yeah, you don't get all 4.65 inches for every app. The on-screen buttons take up some pixels, so you really are only dealing with something like a 4.3-inch screen.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    1,688 Global Posts
    ROM
    GummyCharge 1.9.1

Droid Charge overlayed on Galaxy Nexus

Telling a member to "search" is not the answer to a question.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Nickinson View Post
    The phone itself is taller than the EVO, but thinner. And yeah, you don't get all 4.65 inches for every app. The on-screen buttons take up some pixels, so you really are only dealing with something like a 4.3-inch screen.
    yeah so why dont we just buy frickin razrs and be done with this nonsense.
    Journeyman

ROM
    A

Quote Originally Posted by ryangeno View Post
    yeah so why dont we just buy frickin razrs and be done with this nonsense.
    lol Rezound>Razr. I am considering the Droid 4 if it comes out before the nexus though. I still want a keyboard and it seems motos bootloaders DO get cracked. Just takes time. Im ok with that.
    Now using God's Phone

ROM
    4.0.x

I think that a better way of saying this is that worst-case, you'll have the same screen space as a 4.3" phone. Best case, you'll get all 4.65"... Wait. That sounded wrong...

But if you buy a 4.3 inch screen now,when it gets ICS won't it be more like a 4.0-inch screen?

Quote Originally Posted by praytorain View Post
    But if you buy a 4.3 inch screen now,when it gets ICS won't it be more like a 4.0-inch screen?
    i think those buttons are specific to the GN

Is the usable screen width 2.21 inches, like a 4.3in screen. Or is it as that one mock up listed, which had it listed at 2.24 inches across. It's hard to tell in pics if it actually is wider than the average 4.3" or 4.5" screen.

Quote Originally Posted by praytorain View Post
    Ics will remove the buttons on a phone with hardware buttons. I think once ICS is actually released we will see the end of hardware buttons from all manufactures.

ROM
    4.0.4 leak

Quote Originally Posted by CynicX View Post
    Ics will remove the buttons on a phone with hardware buttons. I think once ICS is actually released we will see the end of hardware buttons from all manufactures.
    ICS is actually released - it's on AOSP. It's just that it's only available on the GSM Galaxy Nexus (officially) right now.
    Verizon Galaxy Nexus | Bugless Beast 4.1.1
    If you appreciate something I post, like it and/or give thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by CynicX View Post
    On screen buttons seem more like a possible feature avaiable in the OS for future phones. I don't think it will be mandatory in future builds, by any means. There's to many anal retentive fuddy duddies, who want hard buttons to do away w/ them completely.
    Journeyman

ROM
    A

I would love for manufacturers to go all on screen buttons. But they better hurry before apple patents it. They might sue just for thinking about ripping them off.

Quote Originally Posted by hyperdude View Post
    ICS is actually released - it's on AOSP. It's just that it's only available on the GSM Galaxy Nexus (officially) right now.
    I meant when phones are being released with ICS on them. This is the GSM GN as of right now so I'm 100% right.... :-)