delayed phone or phone full of bugs

khuujo9809

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
What would be worse if Verizon released another buggy phone (like the tbolt) or delayed a phone trying to perfect it before it touched our hands.

sahilm

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
What would be worse if Verizon released another buggy phone (like the tbolt) or delayed a phone trying to perfect it before it touched our hands.

Honestly, I would rather have it now, with bugs that can be fixed later, and with no 4g, than have to wait longer.

I mean they would never do that because of the people who are not on these forums, and will just think that the phone sucks, not that it's one or two bugs.

smitty24

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, I would rather have it now, with bugs that can be fixed later, and with no 4g, than have to wait longer.

I mean they would never do that because of the people who are not on these forums, and will just think that the phone sucks, not that it's one or two bugs.

agreed - I know on my Nexus One I didnt keep the factory rom but for maybe a week just make sure the hardware didnt fail. Totally going to be in the same boat with my Galaxy Nexus (if they ever sell it!!) so a few bugs wouldnt bother me - and probably most of those on the forums here

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site

I think even people on here wouldn't want a buggy phone -- like myself. It's what happened with the Thunderbolt and many people ended up strongly disliking the device because it seemed very much rushed and buggy. Sorry, but first impression are everything and if the Nexus comes out all buggy, many will be turned off by that.

Rickgsx

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Frankly I'm tired of all the "BS" games... I know and realize its a business just like anything else... and there is political and marketing strategys to maximize your profits, but really...!! enough is enough..

- Take pride in your work
- Build a quality product
- Stand behind your product
- Listen to your customers
- And communicate openly and fairly with your clients and they will NEVER leave your side and speak highly of your product and company...

A little rant, but that's my $.02 cents...

Reactions: FishPharm

CallerHoller

May 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't think it is phone bugs. They're already in the stores. I think this data crash is what they're working on. Especially if there's an update waiting at activation.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Except it seems the phone isn't buggy as shown by testers with the device so it can't be that why they are delaying it.

reflekt2099

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
this isn't "delayed" because of bugs, it's "delayed" because of the nationwide data outage. lets wait till friday and see what happens. i'm sure the data outage will be rectified before friday and hopefully that means the 12/9 launch gets back on track.

also, i'm sure there might/will be some bug(s) found later after heavy usage from everyone, but those will/can be fixed with OTA updates from Google.

spas2k

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
My thunderbolt doesn't have 4g right now, it sucks. Don't listen to any M O R O N that says LTE isn't worth the battery drain. They are i d i o t s. It is worth every penny/cost associated with it and THEN some, by a large margin. This 3g crap sucks... I don't know how iphone users do it.

Just give me a nexus, broken or not, what's the difference...

allan1313

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I doubt the "delay" (not delayed in my opinion since it was never announced) is related to the 4G outage. If it is related to the 4G outage why haven't they delayed the 4G capable Droid 4????

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
It sucks if the delay is because of the 4G outage. I'm not in a 4G area yet, so sell me the phone already Verizon! The outage doesn't affect me. Ok kidding, I'd rather it be because of the outage than some new bug that has popped up. I don't think the Google Wallet thing has anything to do with it because they could always reach an agreement later and let us download it. Wonder if they have figured out how many people will return their Razr's and Rezounds when the Nexus comes out... so it will probably be after the return date expires for these phones... sticking the "renters" with their rented phone.... So mid January is my pessimistic guess.

Edit: Does anyone know if Verizon is having any issues activating phones because of their network issues? I could see this being a major reason to delay a release if it is the case.

Jet300

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Edit: Does anyone know if Verizon is having any issues activating phones because of their network issues? I could see this being a major reason to delay a release if it is the case.

People have commented that 4G activations are a no-go. Razr owners who have obtained a new sim have said they are now locked out of data. So..... maybe LTE crash = activation backlog = No Galaxy Nexus?

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site

um.. Verizon would much rather you have the phone that doesnt have known bugs on it. And there stockholders Im sure are thanking them for not being idiots running the business.

Why would Verizon put their trust in you? that you are going to honor your word about not caring about bugs? that you arent going to cost their tech support tons of money? and their PR tons of bad press by whining all over the internet about it? Verizon arent a bunch of idiots.. they arent naive enough to trust that "techie forum users" are going to be fine as is..

the average phone user.. doesnt notice half the bugs.. and when they do notice one they say "oh well.. guess thats how it works".. the researching techie forum user (me, you, etc) is the type that notices these bugs and makes a stink about them, and if they are significant in the slightest is swapping out multiple handsets (ala many thunderbolt owners) trying to get a flawless unit.

so not only should people not be saying they want it with the bugs.. the exact people who are saying it shouldnt be the ones saying it... unless they have absolutely no ability to view this scenario in a logical way.

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
People have commented that 4G activations are a no-go. Razr owners who have obtained a new sim have said they are now locked out of data. So..... maybe LTE crash = activation backlog = No Galaxy Nexus?

That seems the most plausible of explanations so far.

FishPharm

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I personally think Verizon put a large window of release on the GN so that they could have all the flexibility to make the money they wanted to on their other phones. I believe that bugs exist but I don't believe that they are holding back the GN because of them. Maybe this whole thing shocks me so much compared to others because up until now I haven't look forward or watched a phone launch like this before.....but its absolutely ridiculous.