Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Bell Canada :-(

    How can the UK and Canada release and the US no able to get this device released?
    Proud Owner of:
    Galaxy Nexus - XOOM
    Love my Dropbox
  2. #2  

    Default

    Google + Verizon = (fill in the blanks)

    I'm moving to Canada.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Bell Canada :-(

    Bell started shipping today, in stores tomorrow (dec 8th)
    Proud Owner of:
    Galaxy Nexus - XOOM
    Love my Dropbox
  4. #4  

    Default

    I'm soo jealous.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Bell Canada :-(

    So am I... we will see what happens, is VZW just telling the reps they pulled the Friday release and they continue to launch it?
    Proud Owner of:
    Galaxy Nexus - XOOM
    Love my Dropbox
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Bell Canada :-(

    Quote Originally Posted by zmenchhofer View Post
    How can the UK and Canada release and the US no able to get this device released?

    nvm, bell is lte
    Last edited by thescreensavers; 12-07-2011 at 10:35 PM.
  7. #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zmenchhofer View Post
    So am I... we will see what happens, is VZW just telling the reps they pulled the Friday release and they continue to launch it?
    Who knows. But if they can pull it this fast. I'm sure they can push it back in just as fast.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: Bell Canada :-(

    umm... No, Bell is CDMA/LTE
    Proud Owner of:
    Galaxy Nexus - XOOM
    Love my Dropbox
  9. #9  
    bakerbert's Avatar

    Posts
    443 Posts
    ROM
    JellyBeans

    Default Re: Bell Canada :-(

    Would Verizon activate a Bell Canadian Galaxy Nexus? (Looks like the same frequency on both networks, so i am guessing the same phone)

    I live about an hour and a half from Canada, have a passport and nothing going on this Saturday.
    Sent Via..Raven from Kings Landing
    BB Storm 1 > Samsung Droid Charge > Samsung Galaxy Nexus > Samsung Galaxy Note II & LG G Pad 8.3
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: Bell Canada :-(

    damn im 8hours from the border :-p
    Proud Owner of:
    Galaxy Nexus - XOOM
    Love my Dropbox
  11. #11  
    ajw20's Avatar

    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    ROM
    MIUI

    Default Re: Bell Canada :-(

    Quote Originally Posted by bakerbert View Post
    Would Verizon activate a Bell Canadian Galaxy Nexus? (Looks like the same frequency on both networks, so i am guessing the same phone)

    I live about an hour and a half from Canada, have a passport and nothing going on this Saturday.
    I've heard its possible, but you would have to have high up contacts at verizon to sneak the ESN into the activation servers.
  12. #12  
    pauldroidr2d2's Avatar

    Posts
    2,609 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zmenchhofer View Post
    How can the UK and Canada release and the US no able to get this device released?
    I wonder if it might have anything to do with the fact that VZW's phone CDMA and LTE, and UK and Canada are GSM?

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2, Verizon Galaxy S4, or N7, or MacBook Air
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

    Default Re: Bell Canada :-(

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulDroidR2D2 View Post
    I wonder if it might have anything to do with the fact that VZW's phone CDMA and LTE, and UK and Canada are GSM?

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    and once again Bell CA Is CDMA/LTE
    Proud Owner of:
    Galaxy Nexus - XOOM
    Love my Dropbox
    Thanked by 2:
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Bell Canada :-(

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulDroidR2D2 View Post
    I wonder if it might have anything to do with the fact that VZW's phone CDMA and LTE, and UK and Canada are GSM?

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    Go to and prove yourself wrong. Or do you need a Bell exec to call you and verify that they are in fact a CDMA/LTE carrier?
  15. #15  
    potatolover1102's Avatar

    Posts
    588 Posts
    Global Posts
    597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Bell Canada :-(

    Quote Originally Posted by Z Fury View Post
    Go to and prove yourself wrong. Or do you need a Bell exec to call you and verify that they are in fact a CDMA/LTE carrier?
    You are wrong about bell being CDMA/LTE in the fact that the Nexus is not the LTE version for them. Go to their coverage and see that they have both HSPA+ all the way up to LTE and that they offer HSPA+ 21mb and then look at the nexus on their site and see that if offers speeds up to 21mb a.k.a the HSPA+ 4g version so you are all wrong. You will also see that they have one city with LTE so good luck launching an LTE phone for one city in all of canada
  16. #16  

    Default

    Canadians and Europeans don't have Google Wallet.

    Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Bell Canada :-(

    I stand corrected, and apologize for the mistake.
  18. #18  
    potatolover1102's Avatar

    Posts
    588 Posts
    Global Posts
    597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Bell Canada :-(

    Yeah believe me I would have been on the bandwagon if they were releasing an LTE/CDMA version lol
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Bell Canada :-(

    Hahaha when I first glanced at this thread name I thought it said Bad Canada. Just thought you all should know that.

    Carry on...
  20. #20  
    rainman353's Avatar

    Posts
    62 Posts
    ROM
    Rooted Stock

    Default Re: Bell Canada :-(

    I love it, our hatred for Verizon's handling of this situation now has us fighting over a Canadian phone that none of us are really going to buy.

    If Verizon higher ups could read this they would laugh because they know they have us in the palm of their hands. We talk a big game about hating them, but if tomorrow or Friday the phone happens to come out we will most likely all forgive them and forget about the Canadian version.
    Last edited by rossrainey; 12-07-2011 at 09:24 PM. Reason: typo
  21. #21  
    bakerbert's Avatar

    Posts
    443 Posts
    ROM
    JellyBeans

    Default Re: Bell Canada :-(

    Well crap, no Canadian Galaxy Nexus for me then.
    I guess I will go just for Beer, casinos and strip clubs.
    That will still be fun!!
    Sent Via..Raven from Kings Landing
    BB Storm 1 > Samsung Droid Charge > Samsung Galaxy Nexus > Samsung Galaxy Note II & LG G Pad 8.3
  22. #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rossrainey View Post
    If Verizon higher ups could read this they would laugh because they know they have us in the palm of their hands.
    Then they might pause to reflect on the flipside of this Nexus loyalty: what happens when it's time to renew and there's no new Nexus in the pipeline.

Posting Permissions

B