159 Canadian, 299 American!?

defdc

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Man, THREE year contracts are crazy. I suppose it's profitable model since it's been around a while. But three years is a long time in cell phone years...

Anyone know if they allow "early upgrades"? We get a few months early on Verizon. I'd hope they'd have something like that on a contract that long...

A7MAN

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for yet another canned response, myster. But when you live in the "first world" you accept "first world" problems. Btw, even Fox doesn't call it that anymore so I really don't know where you get your news, grandpa.

Try keeping a decent job or staying in touch with your family ice without a mobile. If you don't want your employer snooping on the phone they give you, you have to have your own. If you're going to buy your own, you should buy the best. ("Free market," remember?) How is that a humorous, "first world" problem? Or are you just, once again, riding the cliche train out of troll town on the semantics express?

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
If your coverage requirements are similar to mine, there is no Company B with the possible exception of Sprint, thanks to VZW roaming.

Well blame companies B, C, D, E, F etc. for having crappy or no service in your area, company A isn't to blame for that. Perhaps that's why company A is on top and happens to be company A?

A7MAN

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Well blame companies B, C, D, E, F etc. for having crappy or no service in your area, company A isn't to blame for that. Perhaps that's why company A is on top and happens to be company A?

While we're radically simplifying things & ignoring context I seem to remember Microsoft used that same argument for over a decade while being investigated for antitrust violations. But, you're right, we should have just let them go because B, C, D, Etc were inept & unworthy of competing.

An AT&T & TMO merger would have created a viable alternative to VZ in the market but it is being blocked. I can't help but wonder how much influence VZ is leveraging to keep that deal from happening.

When there is *actual* competition your ideology is great. Sadly this is not the case currently.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
While we're radically simplifying things & ignoring context I seem to remember Microsoft used that same argument for over a decade while being investigated for antitrust violations. But, you're right, we should have just let them go because B, C, D, Etc were inept & unworthy of competing.

An AT&T & TMO merger would have created a viable alternative to VZ in the market but it is being blocked. I can't help but wonder how much influence VZ is leveraging to keep that deal from happening.

When there is *actual* competition your ideology is great. Sadly this is not the case currently.

How? AT&T is not that much smaller than Verizon. In fact AT&T was the largest carrier until Verizon bought a few of the smaller carries like Alltel. AT&T needs to get their act together in regards to their network, that is simply their fault and nobody else's.

STC09

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
An AT&T & TMO merger would have created a viable alternative to VZ in the market but it is being blocked.
It might deepen the coverage but I suspect it wouldn't broaden it significantly, probably at all. It's duplicative, not additive.

STC09

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
So what are you saying then? Do you even know? The argument is the same regardless. There is no company B for you, blame that on the other companies then.

Are you confusing me with someone else? I posted that for some of us, there really isn't a Company B. I didn't blame anyone for that; that's just the way it is.

A7MAN

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
We are way off topic & I apologize for my, apparently, polarizing rant. This thread was finished after "3 years, 16GB." Shut it down...

A7MAN

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
It might deepen the coverage but I suspect it wouldn't broaden it significantly, probably at all. It's duplicative, not additive.

I said that in hopes that additional resources would provide the means to expand sufficiently to compete. When iP exclusivity expired everybody jumped ship. Idk current numbers but I know they've been bleeding subscribers for lack of service & coverage as well.

mechapathy

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Canadian is always less but currently only by $.02. So it's about 157 USD.

There were a few days this year when CAD was worth a bit more than USD. Bad day to go to Canada, good day to convert spare currency you might have from living on the border.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38