they were supposed to sell it today!

automaddux

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
It would be funny if you actually believed that. Sometimes I forget that these forums are shared with adults, and very young kids.

Verizon did announce a release date.. 2011..

I see all kinds of ads and trailers for movies and games that say "Coming Soon".. I guess they should pull those hundreds of thousands of dollars of ads off the tv and internet.. because nemov.. referencing a neon sign outside of a Verizon store.. said so.

Look here you sad, angry man. I was just sharing a story. Don't get your vag in a wad towards me bacause you can't enjoy yourself. Maybe you need to call somebody to come over and give you a hug because apparently you didn't get enough of those as a kid.

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Look here you sad, angry man. I was just sharing a story. Don't get your vag in a wad towards me bacause you can't enjoy yourself. Maybe you need to call somebody to come over and give you a hug because apparently you didn't get enough of those as a kid.

uh.. My comment has nothing to do with you.. I had/have no problem with your comment.. Im guessing you must be about 12 and got offended because I said young kids.

Try following the thread their champ.. Im responding to Nemov..

LOL though at how some people are so insecure and goofy they respond to things that arent directed to them whatsoever.. and respond very butthurtly.

automaddux

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I just got off the phone with a Verizon rep a few minutes ago. After inquiring about a coupon I have we started talking about the G-Nex and "he" said that Google actually pulled the plug on the release date because of issues with ICS not playing well with their network. He couldn't give me a release date but he did say that it will be within a few days after they fix the issue. On a side note, he also said that as far as whats in stock, stores only have a limited supply so we might wanna camp out overnight. He also said, which may only be interesting to me, that the warehouses have more G-Nex in stock than the iPhone 4s when it launched.
Now, before anyone gets a sore vag I don't intend on anyone taking what I'm writing as the ultimate truth. I'm not saying we should camp out overnight, or that we should curse Google, all I'm doing is relaying information to the community. And trying to give people hoope that this device is definitely really, really close to being in our hands.

automaddux

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
uh.. My comment has nothing to do with you.. I had/have no problem with your comment.. Im guessing you must be about 12 and got offended because I said young kids.

Try following the thread their champ.. Im responding to Nemov..

LOL though at how some people are so insecure and goofy they respond to things that arent directed to them whatsoever.. and respond very butthurtly.

Whoops! My bad brother. I did get offended and I didn't read the entire thread so my mistake. Can I be excused so that I may rub some hemorrhoid cream on my sore butt

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
anyone notice.. how in that picture.. the nexus is not only being advertised by verizon.. but very prominantly.. I mean a big sign advertising it like "WE HAVE" directly right under the Verizon sign..

I think this.. along with all the other ads we will see (not counting the 4.7 billion google ads) from verizon will be the nail in the coffin as far as the people claiming Verizon wont advertise this phone, and that the droid brand is all they care about etc etc etc

Tee312

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I just got off the phone with a Verizon rep a few minutes ago. After inquiring about a coupon I have we started talking about the G-Nex and "he" said that Google actually pulled the plug on the release date because of issues with ICS not playing well with their network. He couldn't give me a release date but he did say that it will be within a few days after they fix the issue. On a side note, he also said that as far as whats in stock, stores only have a limited supply so we might wanna camp out overnight. He also said, which may only be interesting to me, that the warehouses have more G-Nex in stock than the iPhone 4s when it launched.
Now, before anyone gets a sore vag I don't intend on anyone taking what I'm writing as the ultimate truth. I'm not saying we should camp out overnight, or that we should curse Google, all I'm doing is relaying information to the community. And trying to give people hoope that this device is definitely really, really close to being in our hands.

While I believe what the rep said to you, I don't necessarily think he knows what he's talking about as far as the delay is concerned. If ICS didn't work well with the network, it never would've gotten through QA, or as close to launching as it was (whether Verizon made it official or not, December 9th WAS the day for some type of launch, there's no doubting that.)

I do agree it's close to launching, I honestly believe we'll see it by next Thursday. also, I don't doubt there's more in the warehouses than the iPhone 4S had, I don't think Verizon hates this phone as much as people seem to think. They're being too careful with the launch, and no, it's not to sell more DROID branded products.

I also believe that Google called for this delay, I think it's due to Google Wallet, not software bugs.

belniente

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
hahah.. all good bro.. I got no probs with you at all.. Infact I enjoyed your original story.

The two of you are warming my heart with this shining example of a reconciled misunderstanding. lol :D

Anyways, I hope that bit about Google being the real puller of the emergency break is true, just because it makes way more sense to me than Verizon withholding it. They wanted that phone in consumer hands today, and the sales were getting some solid momentum that they had to step in and halt. I suspect both companies are trying to tiptoe around each other more than we would think.

taylorbb

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
It is coming out on the 15th (Next Thurs). Samsung stopped the release because some software issues are being finalized between Google, Verizon, and Samsung.

Tee312

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
It is coming out on the 15th (Next Thurs). Samsung stopped the release because some software issues are being finalized between Google, Verizon, and Samsung.

I believe it'll be out by the 15th, however, I think we could see it before then. Like was stated in another thread, anytime a launch is delayed, it's automatically, via the internal system, scheduled to launch the following Thursday (which would be... the 15th). I think we'll see it whenever the issue is solved, probably sometime next week. Maybe they're finalizing the 4.1 update.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
What I don't understand is why Verizon can't just pick a date, even if it's three weeks from now, announce said date, and stick with it. This way if there's any more issues, they have time to remedy them, and if they can't make it, just announce and apologize for the delay. I'd honestly prefer to preorder the thing and have it show up on my doorstep when I get home from work rather than having to monitor blogs for a release date and try to swoop into the Verizon store by the office to grab one before they run out. You'd think a major corporation would have a more organized system.

Ok. But what happens when that date grows near and they realize there's a bug that can't be fixed by that date? Then what?

It makes more sense for them to have an internal date, like you propose, that they don't announce and when the time comes close see if the software is ready. If it's not then it's not a big deal to change the date. If they chisel a date in stone and tell the public then they're screwed if they have to delay it.

The method they've used, if it's a software bug delaying the product, is the appropriate way to handle it.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
They should take some C4 and blow that sign to bits, how dare they decieve us.

Just noticed the front page...to the op you hit the big time. Your pic is famous.

Last edited:
Reactions: automaddux

Defconrock

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Ok. But what happens when that date grows near and they realize there's a bug that can't be fixed by that date? Then what?

It makes more sense for them to have an internal date, like you propose, that they don't announce and when the time comes close see if the software is ready. If it's not then it's not a big deal to change the date. If they chisel a date in stone and tell the public then they're screwed if they have to delay it.

The method they've used, if it's a software bug delaying the product, is the appropriate way to handle it.

I agree, but at the same time a quick announcement like this would be so customer friendly.

"We want you to have the best Nexus experience possible, that's why we will release the phone when it's ready yadda yadda yadda. Your patience is appreciated, stay tuned."

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
uh.. My comment has nothing to do with you

Good observation chief. So adsress the right person

...Try following the thread their champ...

Follow your own advice, bro.

I'm responding to Nemov...

Is that so? Please show me where you took issue w/ Nemov in this thread? What did he say that ticked you off? I'm dying to see it. Nada, you didn't address Nemov, you cited me and obviously have no clue what you're talking about.

..LOL though at how some people are so insecure and goofy they respond to things that arent directed to them whatsoever.. and respond very butthurtly.

Speaking of insecure & goofy comments directed at the wrong people. Who's acting childish here? The irony is uncanny.

gnipeh

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Nobody here congratulated the OP yet on making to the androidcentral front page? :D

Congratulations automaddux on posting such an eye catching and newsworthy story!

p.s. Somehow as I read my post, it sounds sarcastic... but it is sincere :)

Reactions: automaddux

automaddux

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Nobody here congratulated the OP yet on making to the androidcentral front page? :D

Congratulations automaddux on posting such an eye catching and newsworthy story!

p.s. Somehow as I read my post, it sounds sarcastic... but it is sincere :)

Well it was my first post so, I'm just happy they put it up on the front page!

automaddux

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
I tell you what though, it was hard as hell to get that picture to turn out like it did. I took it first with my phone but it wouldn't show the words so I got the 10.1 out and still had to retake it about six times