Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Liquid/Franco nicely done

Default they were supposed to sell it today!

So I was in the post office getting an application for my passport renewal and across the street I saw this bright, flashing sign with a big Verizon logo stamped on top. I took a double take as I saw the words "Samsung Galaxy Nexus is here!" Dodging traffic, I sprinted across the street and nearly fell into the Verizon store in my hometown of Memphis TN. My spirits fell as soon as they were lifted however when the rep informed me that they did, in fact, have them in stock but were not selling them yet. I pursued a bit more about the reason for the delay to which she replied "I don't know why it was delayed all I know is that it was supposed to go on sale today." Guys and gals, I hate to be a bummer and share this with you but it's not all gloom and doom. The kind, albeit uninformed, sales rep settled my soul a little by making me write down my info and told me that it will definitely go on sale within the next few days. She said more than likely "early next week" and that she will give me a call, and hold one back for me the day it goes on sale. I know this info is a bit like stale bread by now but I was just so excited to see that damn sign with those beautiful words on it I had to share it with the rest of the community. I hope everyone enjoys their weekend and spends some quality time with their current phones because come next week the latest and greatest will finally be in our hands!
    Peace!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails they were supposed to sell it today!-20111209_100437.jpg  
    Thanked by 4:
    caasheew and smitty24 like this.

Default Re: they were supposed to sell it today!

Why is Verizon sending signs to stores when they haven't announced a release date? /sarcasm

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

Well it's good to know that stores plan on actively advertising they have stock.

On a side note , someone should make and android app and call it the "Galaxy Nexus Phone Delay Generator" :-)

This is just plain crazy as HELL!!!

I went to a best buy store because they open an hour earlier then the Verizon stores. The employee said the GN is available but when he checked the computer he said sorry I can't sell it yet. He also said he knew when it was going on sale but could not tell me. Pretty pissed right now

One rep I spoke to referenced an email late last night that mentioned Monday, the 12th.
    Motorola Nexus 6 32GB | Midnight Blue | AT&T

I can see Monday release just like the rezound and razr release.

Quote Originally Posted by nemov View Post
    Why is Verizon sending signs to stores when they haven't announced a release date? /sarcasm
    ^lol. Yet another nail in the tire of the "Verizon never said..." bandwagon.

ROM
    CNA 3.0/leanKernel 4.2.0

Pics or it didn't happen ... er ... um ... oh. Carry on!
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dadsterflip View Post
    I can see Monday release just like the rezound and razr release.
    They were both released on a monday right? Maybe we have been wrong with the whole tues/thur thought process. But anyway, its all good.

Quote Originally Posted by DolfanCole View Post
    Pics or it didn't happen ... er ... um ... oh. Carry on!
    I'm sure it won't be long before one of their crew to post a photoshop retort.

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 8-7-12

In reply to Foyt20: Wasn't the Razr released 11.11.11, that was a Friday (Veteran's Day).
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2,642 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by humpagardengnome View Post
    Well did they say?
    LMU

What I don't understand is why Verizon can't just pick a date, even if it's three weeks from now, announce said date, and stick with it. This way if there's any more issues, they have time to remedy them, and if they can't make it, just announce and apologize for the delay. I'd honestly prefer to preorder the thing and have it show up on my doorstep when I get home from work rather than having to monitor blogs for a release date and try to swoop into the Verizon store by the office to grab one before they run out. You'd think a major corporation would have a more organized system.

Quote Originally Posted by humpagardengnome View Post
    It would be funny if you actually believed that. Sometimes I forget that these forums are shared with adults, and very young kids.

Verizon did announce a release date.. 2011..

Since when was there a law though stating that you cant advertise something that doesnt have a release date? its quite obvious Verizon has been moving this date around internally.. for whatever reasons.. but just because some insider-nerds leak some info doesnt mean verizon needs to answer to whiney forum trolls.. whatever is leaked.. is void...

I see all kinds of ads and trailers for movies and games that say "Coming Soon".. I guess they should pull those hundreds of thousands of dollars of ads off the tv and internet.. because nemov.. referencing a neon sign outside of a Verizon store.. said so.
    Thanked by:
    p08757 and Mr. Poppalopolis like this.
    ** Superhero **

Global Posts
    2,043 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by philly View Post
    Since when was there a law though stating that you cant advertise something that doesnt have a release date? its quite obvious Verizon has been moving this date around internally.. for whatever reasons.. but just because some insider-nerds leak some info doesnt mean verizon needs to answer to whiney forum trolls.. whatever is leaked.. is void...
    +100

Quote Originally Posted by nemov View Post
    Um...so that they have the signs ready for when it's available?

I don't even see how your comment makes any sense, sarcastic or not. A release date and promotional signs need not be hand in hand or dependent on one another.

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hooch_is_crazy View Post
    In reply to Foyt20: Wasn't the Razr released 11.11.11, that was a Friday (Veteran's Day).
    Yeah, duhh. I cant keep dates right anymore. Because my OG droid wont keep working for an hour for me to check my calendar. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulDroidR2D2 View Post
    Well did they say?
    ROFL...I knew you'd pop in with that schtick. Thanks, you didn't disappoint...[I giggle as I type >]..To answer you're question, do they have to, if the proof is in the pudding just deadeying you right in your face.. Or is this thread just a lil to difficult to wrap your head around. Everytime I see you post this junk, you sound like Baghdad Bob, that pr guy Hussein had doing those press junkets claiming America wasn't invading as the ground and camera trembled to the sounds of bombs dropping around them. Shock and awe couldn't convince those guys but we all saw the signs and we know how that turned out.

It would be funny if you actually believed that. Sometimes I forget that these forums are shared with adults, and very young kids.

I see all kinds of ads and trailers for movies and games that say "Coming Soon".. I guess they should pull those hundreds of thousands of dollars of ads off the tv and internet.. because nemov.. referencing a neon sign outside of a Verizon store.. said so.
    I'm not sure what you are trying to get at with this cause I agree w/ this comment. Both Nemov and I took a jabjabbed at the people who claim there hasn't been delays, bugs. or a release date, etc.,. cuz Verizon hasn't gone public with a.press release w/ details on the chain of events. We just did it sarcastically. I think you missed that part. They wouldn't have in store materials if they didn't have release plans in place.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

ROM

Look here you sad, angry man. I was just sharing a story. Don't get your vag in a wad towards me bacause you can't enjoy yourself. Maybe you need to call somebody to come over and give you a hug because apparently you didn't get enough of those as a kid.
    Mac58 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by automaddux View Post
    Look here you sad, angry man. I was just sharing a story. Don't get your vag in a wad towards me bacause you can't enjoy yourself. Maybe you need to call somebody to come over and give you a hug because apparently you didn't get enough of those as a kid.
    uh.. My comment has nothing to do with you.. I had/have no problem with your comment.. Im guessing you must be about 12 and got offended because I said young kids.

Try following the thread their champ.. Im responding to Nemov..

LOL though at how some people are so insecure and goofy they respond to things that arent directed to them whatsoever.. and respond very butthurtly.
    automaddux likes this.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

ROM

Ok, I just got off the phone with a Verizon rep a few minutes ago. After inquiring about a coupon I have we started talking about the G-Nex and "he" said that Google actually pulled the plug on the release date because of issues with ICS not playing well with their network. He couldn't give me a release date but he did say that it will be within a few days after they fix the issue. On a side note, he also said that as far as whats in stock, stores only have a limited supply so we might wanna camp out overnight. He also said, which may only be interesting to me, that the warehouses have more G-Nex in stock than the iPhone 4s when it launched.
    Now, before anyone gets a sore vag I don't intend on anyone taking what I'm writing as the ultimate truth. I'm not saying we should camp out overnight, or that we should curse Google, all I'm doing is relaying information to the community. And trying to give people hoope that this device is definitely really, really close to being in our hands.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

ROM

uh.. My comment has nothing to do with you.. I had/have no problem with your comment.. Im guessing you must be about 12 and got offended because I said young kids.

Try following the thread their champ.. Im responding to Nemov..

LOL though at how some people are so insecure and goofy they respond to things that arent directed to them whatsoever.. and respond very butthurtly.
    Whoops! My bad brother. I did get offended and I didn't read the entire thread so my mistake. Can I be excused so that I may rub some hemorrhoid cream on my sore ****
    belniente and philly like this.

anyone notice.. how in that picture.. the nexus is not only being advertised by verizon.. but very prominantly.. I mean a big sign advertising it like "WE HAVE" directly right under the Verizon sign..

I think this.. along with all the other ads we will see (not counting the 4.7 billion google ads) from verizon will be the nail in the coffin as far as the people claiming Verizon wont advertise this phone, and that the droid brand is all they care about etc etc etc
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast