New info on Verizon 4G $100 phone discount. Family Plan required.

-Aaron-

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
After reading the recent news posts about the Verizon $100 discount on new 4G phone purchases (http://www.droid-life.com/2011/12/0...0-off-any-4g-smartphone-no-limitations-found/). I anxiously checked my mailbox when I got home. I received the same flyer that was listed in the article, but the front had $30 off any phone printed on it instead of the $100 4G deal. I was wondering if maybe they excluded me from the deal because I don't live in a 4G area so I called my local Verizon store to ask about the discount and if I could get the $100 4G phone rebate instead.

He had heard of the $100 4G discount. According to him you were only eligible for the deal if it was printed on the front of your flyer. He said there were several contributing factors including the length of time you have been a Verizon customer and how long it has been since your last upgrade. I let him know that I had been a Verizon customer for over 10 years and I hadn't had a phone upgrade in over two years. He then asked if I had a family plan, I said no. According to him the $100 4G discount is only available for the primary line on a family plan.

I am frustrated, because that $100 discount would have taken a lot of the sting out of the long wait for the Galaxy Nexus. Much like everyone else my OG Droid is on its death bed (broken power button), so the Nexus can't come soon enough. It would be great to get some verification on this Family Plan requirement so I can decide whether to pursue this with Verizon further. Has anyone received the $100 rebate mailer that is not on a family plan? It would also be nice to know if you live in a 4G area.

TLDR: Local Verizon rep said only the primary line on a Family Plan is eligible for the Verizon $100 new 4G phone discount.

Reactions: obi5683 and BSG75

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: New info on Verizon 4G $100 phone discount. Family Plan requi

I hope to have one of these in the mail tonight when I get home. I have a primary line on a family account.

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site

I hope to be getting one of these flyers that state a $100 rebate, too. Been with them 10 years also, and haven't upgraded in two years.

Alpharho

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site

Looks like I'll be checking the mail on my way home. It would certainly lessen the sting of waiting for this device to arrive.

sutrebla15

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site

I haven't gotten anything in the mail. I have a feeling that these are only going to customers in the new LTE markets...

Gratificulous

May 5, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for the info. I should qualify for the $100, depending on how long their requirement is for last upgrade (it's been 14 months).

E.T.

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site

Before everyone gets their hopes up, the mailers aren't universally $100 off, either. Some people are getting ones with only $50 off, and others only $30.

Also, it's the primary line on the family plan only, and the primary line cant have already been upgraded within a certain period of time (180 days).

Also, I bet they wont let you combine this discount with the LivingSocial discount many people got, so...

E.T.

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for the info. I should qualify for the $100, depending on how long their requirement is for last upgrade (it's been 14 months).

I think it's probably geographic too, so even if you're a long time customer, it *might* be for less, depending on where you live.

Foyt20

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site

Before everyone gets their hopes up, the mailers aren't universally $100 off, either. Some people are getting ones with only $50 off, and others only $30.

Also, it's the primary line on the family plan only, and the primary line cant have already been upgraded within a certain period of time (180 days).

Also, I bet they wont let you combine this discount with the LivingSocial discount many people got, so...

Just use the living social discount for accessories you may need.

E.T.

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site

Christmas gifts? Buy a $50 giftcard and use it on something else, or your bill.

Nope, again, the LivingSocial discount was only good on devices and accessories, so you can't buy a giftcard or put it towards your bill. Checkmate, friend.

E.T.

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site

Oh wait, devices and accessories only. IDK.

Haha yep. And I don't really feel like buying another several-hundred-dollar phone as a gift for someone else, just to make sure I use up a $25 discount. Not worth it.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
To bad deal is only good till xmas. And nexi is realesd after Xmas. So deal sucks

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

E.T.

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site

To bad deal is only good till xmas. And nexi is realesd after Xmas. So deal sucks

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Christmas...2013? Is that what you meant to say?

chiph411

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site

The living social coupon does expire 12/31/11...hopefully the GN will be released before then.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site

I've been with Verizon for over 20 years, on a family plan, bought tons of phones at launch, never received any t s I see some get, and I never get these coupons in the mail. This sucks.

E.T.

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site

I've been with Verizon for over 20 years, on a family plan, bought tons of phones at launch, never received any t s I see some get, and I never get these coupons in the mail. This sucks.

Like I said, not everyone's going to get one - you might just be in the wrong geography or something. And I assume you must mean some prior company because I don't think Verizon's even been around for 20 years.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1