Help! someone convince me why the Nexus is better again!

mjhubbard

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I just saw the demo for the nexus at the local store. They let me do side my side with the razor. What was very surprising was that the razor had a much more vibrant screen and did not seem as pixalated, we ran netflix on both side by side and the razor was much sharper and more vibrant. Also, even with the buttons at the bottom minimized for the movie on the nexus, the nexus still had the same sized usable screen as the razor. When the bottom bar minimizes, it only disappears half way. I thought the nexus was supposed to have a much better screen.

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: Help! some one convinve me why the nexus is better again!

Agreed. You cannot honestly say that a screen with more pixels is pixelated more than a screen with less pixels............ what's your definition of pixelated?

The GN does not supposedly have a better screen (compared to the new Moto Razr), it factually has a better screen.

Reactions: milominderbinde

JoJoCal19

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site

I really want to see the Nexus screen compare to the Rezound.

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site

If you think the RAZR screen is better...keep the RAZR. You shouldn't need to be convinced that the Nexus is better.

Reactions: robstunner

Deltaechoe

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site

If you need convincing (and this isn't particularly screen oriented) just look at all the delays, Verizon is afraid to put a phone with this much power on their network

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I just saw the demo for the nexus at the local store. They let me do side my side with the razor. What was very surprising was that the razor had a much more vibrant screen and did not seem as pixalated, we ran netflix on both side by side and the razor was much sharper and more vibrant. Also, even with the buttons at the bottom minimized for the movie on the nexus, the nexus still had the same sized usable screen as the razor. When the bottom bar minimizes, it only disappears half way. I thought the nexus was supposed to have a much better screen.

Why convince you of anything. It seems that you made up your mind long ago on this one.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Reactions: Iceman0803

Z Fury

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site

I really want to see the Nexus screen compare to the Rezound.

It is a beautiful comparison. The Rezound has a better PPI ratio than the Nexus, but it boils down to liking the 720p LCD display of the Rezound vs. the Super AMOLED+ display of the Nexus. If you are choosing between those phones based on display, you can't really pick a bad one.

Engadget does a comparison of the displays on their review of the HTC Rezound. They show the Rezound has the superior screen.

If the Rezound didn't have so much bloat on it, I would have jumped off this Nexus carousel in favor of it. I'm holding out for a bloat-free phone though.

meth68#AC

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
If your happy with the razr then your in luck because verizon has plenty of them in stock and you don't have to read all the nexus nonsense. I was hoping the bionic did this for me but unfortunately it made me want a nexus more lol

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site

It is a beautiful comparison. The Rezound has a better PPI ratio than the Nexus, but it boils down to liking the 720p LCD display of the Rezound vs. the Super AMOLED+ display of the Nexus. If you are choosing between those phones based on display, you can't really pick a bad one.

Engadget does a comparison of the displays on their review of the HTC Rezound. They show the Rezound has the superior screen.

If the Rezound didn't have so much bloat on it, I would have jumped off this Nexus carousel in favor of it. I'm holding out for a bloat-free phone though.

Yeah...two beautiful HD screens - one AMOLED, one LCD. The Nexus will be brighter, more vibrant (or over saturated, if you're not into it) and the Rezound will render more realistic colors (or be dimmer and less vibrant)

JoJoCal19

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site

Yea that's my only issue with the Rezound. No root as of now And I'm worried the devs are all going to jump off the Rezound bandwagon and onto the Nexus train. I am in love with the Rezound though, especially the screen.

Z Fury

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site

Yea that's my only issue with the Rezound. No root as of now And I'm worried the devs are all going to jump off the Rezound bandwagon and onto the Nexus train. I am in love with the Rezound though, especially the screen.

Agreed. My girlfriend wants to murder me at this point. I've switched from wanting the Nexus to wanting the Rezound, and back, at least 12 times in the past week. :eek:

I think if I would have been paying closer attention and picked it up during Black Friday when Amazon.com basically had it for free... The Nexus is going to be the best Android phone with the Rezound right behind it, but if I can buy #2 for basically $300 less...

ihyln

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site

A snippet from someone at reddit.

I'd say the Rezounds Snapdragon S3 is even more mediocre then the Omap 4460 as it doesn't have Neon SIMD, Based on Cortex A8 (all other dual core ARM cpu's are based on Cortex A9) and doesn't have a IV3 Media chip to offload HD content. Also lets not forget the [sound problems](HTC Rezound headphone sound problems? HTC says they're not widespread | The Verge) with the Rezound. If anything the Rezound is badly lacking.

icky_boo comments on Galaxy Nexus doesn't support USB Mass Storage, has crappy camera, build quality subpar, processor mediocre for todays phones - shouldn't I get a HTC Rezound instead?

mjhubbard

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site

I don't have a razor. Battery issue kills the razor for me. But I just could not believe that next to eachother playing the same movie, the razor was smother and more vibrant. I was hoping for an explanation of why this might be.

Would the Verizon guys have screwed with the settings to try and make the razor look better? Are they that devious and desperate to sell something that minute since obviously I was not going to buy a nexus right then?

Z Fury

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site

I don't have a razor. Battery issue kills the razor for me. But I just could not believe that next to eachother playing the same movie, the razor was smother and more vibrant. I was hoping for an explanation of why this might be.

Would the Verizon guys have screwed with the settings to try and make the razor look better? Are they that devious and desperate to sell something that minute since obviously I was not going to buy a nexus right then?

It isn't worth speculating as to why the RAZR would look better when you checked them out. Some people favor the AMOLED displays to the true LCD display of the Rezound, even though the PPI is far better on the Rezound. Maybe the brightness settings were off on the Rezound...? Maybe that demo unit had seen better days...? Too hard to tell. It is a fact that the Rezound has a better display hardware-wise than the RAZR.

mjhubbard

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site

I was comparing a razor to a nexus not a resound. The brand new nexus seemed to have less resolution to the naked eye. It was weird.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance