I got one yesterday

MarkyD311

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I debated whether to post this. I wasn't going to, because I didn't want to incite a riot. I JUST HAVE TO SHARE.

I can't go into detail about where, who, how, why...but I got mine. It has 4.01 and does not show any available updates. It is much more solid feeling than I thought it would be. Does not have the typical cheap Samsung build. No creaks when you squeeze it.

ICS is everything I imagined and more. I love life. :-!

L1aHl.jpg

2JXUq.jpg

iGBUH.jpg

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
If you got it, that's cool. Far be it from me to doubt you, but others may like to see your GN sitting on a piece of paper that says, say, "Android Central rocks" so they (not me) know you have possession of the phone and that's not just some random picture from the internet.

FWIW, I actually do believe you, but it doesn't affect me. I'll get mine when I get it.

Mannysaurus

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Can you do something like write your username in a text or something just to confirm? I'm sure you're about to get bombarded with questions. Hopefully you didn't get anybody fired while obtaining that phone!

MarkyD311

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
oh, I expect skepticism. I'll happily answer questions people might have. You won't find these pictures elsewhere except where I posted one in a thread on Reddit. I took the pics with my HTC Rezound.

People can believe or not; it really makes no difference to me. Just wanted to show the pics and answer any questions people might have.

As for getting someone fired, no worries there. It was not obtained through trickery of any kind. The person who gave it to me had authority to do so. I was also told I could post these pics as long as I gave no specifics as to the circumstances under which I obtained it.

Anyway, if you have questions, feel free to ask. Keep this thread troll-free and I'll answer anything I can, while still keeping my word to my friend.

Reactions: allprochris

Mannysaurus

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Fair enough. The only question I really have is how does it compare to the HTC Rezound? I want an honest opinion from you. People's first-day impressions seems to be blinded by how much they are infatuated with their phones. Furthermore, have you had any problems with applications? If so, can you describe them? Is there something wrong with the resolution of said app, does it start up at all, I'm curious to know. I'm upgrading from an OG Droid and look forward to a revamped Android experience. ADW Launcher Ex's ICS-inspired look has me craving more.

MarkyD311

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I'll take some more pics tomorrow with the "proof" you all require. In the mean time, feel free to ask any questions you might have.

In some basic camera tests compared to the other phones I have (Rezound, iPhone 4S) this one is quite good. In terms of shutter speed, this truly is instant. The color and low light performance on the Rezound and 4S do seem to be a bit better, but in well lit situations, the G-Nex takes outstanding photos, and FAST.

It is incredibly snappy. I haven't noticed any lag at all. That said, I'm working 14 hour days right now, so I haven't had a whole lot of time to play.

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
oh, I expect skepticism. I'll happily answer questions people might have. You won't find these pictures elsewhere except where I posted one in a thread on Reddit. I took the pics with my HTC Rezound.

People can believe or not; it really makes no difference to me. Just wanted to show the pics and answer any questions people might have.

As for getting someone fired, no worries there. It was not obtained through trickery of any kind. The person who gave it to me had authority to do so. I was also told I could post these pics as long as I gave no specifics as to the circumstances under which I obtained it.

Anyway, if you have questions, feel free to ask. Keep this thread troll-free and I'll answer anything I can, while still keeping my word to my friend.

Just how much better is it than the rezound?

Sent from my Thunderbolt using tapatalk

MarkyD311

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Just how much better is it than the rezound?

Sent from my Thunderbolt using tapatalk

Well...that's tough. I've always been fond of HTC devices, despite the poor battery life.

I'd say the ONLY thing I like better about the Rezound is the camera and the rubberized back. The Rezound is just SO bloated. Sense 3.5 is super heavy. Before I de-bloated, there was less than 200MB RAM available after a fresh reboot. That's just not right. The Nexus is MUCH faster, and IMO, looks MUCH better. There is a learning curve coming from GB, but it's really quite intuitive.

This is the first Android device I'd consider getting for my mother, who is hooked on her iPhone. It feels like ICS keeps most of the things we geeks want while making it easier and more appealing to the average consumer.

Oh, and face unlock sucks for me. I find it to be largely hit or miss.

I encoded some 720p MKV videos to h.264, and they look gorgeous on this display.

Reactions: shanghai

MarkyD311

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Meaning he works at a Verizon store and is taking a picture of the in-store phone? Could be.

I do not work for Verizon, but I did take the pics in-store right after it was activated. I will take some tomorrow with my screen name and something about AC written on a piece of paper in the pic. Will probably be late afternoon. Why, you ask? My wife has stolen it. I'm not even kidding. She's an iPhone girl, but she used it for HOURS last night and fell in love. I'm letting her play for a day, and then it's coming back into my loving hands. :'(

Looks like I'll be getting her one when it launches.

bworley50

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
If you don't work for Verizon and the phone is activated, you will get a call from a douche from Verizon corporate security. He will threaten to brick your phone if you don't tell him who gave/sold/loaned you the phone. Don't spill the beans.

Reactions: RattleSnake506

MarkyD311

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
If you don't work for Verizon and the phone is activated, you will get a call from a douche from Verizon corporate security. He will threaten to brick your phone if you don't tell him who gave/sold/loaned you the phone. Don't spill the beans.

thanks. I think I will be OK. This is not the first device I've gotten before launch. It is fully authorized...let's just say it came from someone who has the authority.

How is the volume

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

As in call volume? I will do some testing when I get it back from my wife...I used my Bluetooth headset for the few calls I made.

How is the battery life?

Too early to tell.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
How is the battery life?

I highly doubt he's had time to get used to it. It takes awhile to break the battery into a normal usage pattern. After you have used it for about 3 or so battery cycles and are on normal usage vs. new usage then you can accurately give an opinion on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37