I managed to get a hold of one

potam

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I'm not sure if this is the proper forum for this, but I managed to get ahold of one through a third party retailer.

Now the problem is activation and getting a 4g sim card. Will Verizon hassle me when I try to activate? Should I just go up there without the phone and try to pick up the card and activate it at home?

Can there be any repercussions towards me/my account?

Cauhauna

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Re: I managed to get ahold of one

should be no problem. verizon isn't going to take away your personal property while you are in the store. just don't rat out the retailer who sold it to you. tell them you bought it on the internet or something.

jasoraso

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Don't forget you can cut your full size Sim card down to the mini size. if you can't get vzw to part with a mini Sim card. An activated Sim card from a different 4glte device should work.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

dadsterflip

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Nice. Yea same guy is going to the store. He said it uses the same sim as what we have out not. His going to get a razr get it activated then add his sim to the nexus.
Just tell the store you bought it off eBay or Craigslist.

bworley50

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site

Just tell them you bought a RAZR on Ebay and you need a micro sim and you will activate it later. Put the sim in while in your car and call *611. Tell the CSR on the phone to activate your device. Expect a call from Verizon corporate security on Monday threatening to brick your phone. They won't really do it.

potam

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site

Just tell them you bought a RAZR on Ebay and you need a micro sim and you will activate it later. Put the sim in while in your car and call *611. Tell the CSR on the phone to activate your device. Expect a call from Verizon corporate security on Monday threatening to brick your phone. They won't really do it.

What are the chances that they'd really brick it?

sfFzy.jpg

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site

this is just common sense to me..

bworley50

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site

What are the chances that they'd really brick it?

Click to view quoted image

I don't know. If you obtained it legally you have nothing to worry about. If you do get a call from Verizon get the guy's full name and number before talking and I would put it on speaker and record the call. I would notify the Verizon person that the call will be recorded. Don't let him push you around and if they brick it for no good reason, you obviously should and would have a case to get another one.

CGfreak102

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site

Just curious, where you able to get it at a upgrade price (199, or 299) or did you pay full retail? either way how much was it cause im going to be talking to my old boss who now works as a GM of a best buy store to see if he will sell me one.

-CGfreak102

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

I'm curious on the pricing as well. Did they charge you full price for it since they couldn't activate it to your account?

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

I don't think Verizon can or would pursue you in any sort of legal action for buying the phone. This is not the United States of Verizon. There isn't a criminal law preventing anyone from lawfully purchasing unreleased hardware that companies themselves make available for sale, even if due to internal error. There may be a civil cause of action that lies elsewhere, but it wouldn't be worth their time. And don't bring up the iPhone 4 prototype. That was worth Apple's time because the phone was still in testing. The Nexus is in stores waiting for the green light.

Defconrock

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site

Posting a thread with no pic makes somebody a troll, but on the flip side posting a pic like that makes you a boss. :cool:

Congrats man

potam

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site

I'm curious on the pricing as well. Did they charge you full price for it since they couldn't activate it to your account?

I paid full (3rd party) retail. I don't have an upgrade to use. It was $799.99. If the phone is released in the next week or so I may return it and buy it from a corporate store to save that cash.

I'm just gonna keep telling myself it was an early christmas present to me.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
I paid full (3rd party) retail. I don't have an upgrade to use. It was $799.99. If the phone is released in the next week or so I may return it and buy it from a corporate store to save that cash.

I'm just gonna keep telling myself it was an early christmas present to me.

Very awesome and thanks for the pic. Were all jelly :cool:

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk