Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I managed to get a hold of one

Ok, I'm not sure if this is the proper forum for this, but I managed to get ahold of one through a third party retailer.

Now the problem is activation and getting a 4g sim card. Will Verizon hassle me when I try to activate? Should I just go up there without the phone and try to pick up the card and activate it at home?

Can there be any repercussions towards me/my account?

Default Re: I managed to get ahold of one

You should know by now, pics or it didn't happen.
    Now using God's Phone

ROM
    4.0.x

I would imagine that the worst that could happen would be not activating the phone...

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

should be no problem. verizon isn't going to take away your personal property while you are in the store. just don't rat out the retailer who sold it to you. tell them you bought it on the internet or something.

Don't forget you can cut your full size Sim card down to the mini size. if you can't get vzw to part with a mini Sim card. An activated Sim card from a different 4glte device should work.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    st0ic_1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CynicX View Post
    You should know by now, pics or it didn't happen.
    I lol'd
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Trying to upload a photo from my OG droid

Nice. Yea same guy is going to the store. He said it uses the same sim as what we have out not. His going to get a razr get it activated then add his sim to the nexus.
    Just tell the store you bought it off eBay or Craigslist.

Global Posts
    924 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ATM

Just tell them you bought a RAZR on Ebay and you need a micro sim and you will activate it later. Put the sim in while in your car and call *611. Tell the CSR on the phone to activate your device. Expect a call from Verizon corporate security on Monday threatening to brick your phone. They won't really do it.
    philly and jhtheking like this.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by bworley50 View Post
    Just tell them you bought a RAZR on Ebay and you need a micro sim and you will activate it later. Put the sim in while in your car and call *611. Tell the CSR on the phone to activate your device. Expect a call from Verizon corporate security on Monday threatening to brick your phone. They won't really do it.
    What are the chances that they'd really brick it?

Quote Originally Posted by potam View Post

Click to view quoted image
    I'm famous!!!!!!!! boom shockalocka!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bworley50 View Post
    this is just common sense to me..

Global Posts
    924 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ATM

Click to view quoted image
    I don't know. If you obtained it legally you have nothing to worry about. If you do get a call from Verizon get the guy's full name and number before talking and I would put it on speaker and record the call. I would notify the Verizon person that the call will be recorded. Don't let him push you around and if they brick it for no good reason, you obviously should and would have a case to get another one.

Just curious, where you able to get it at a upgrade price (199, or 299) or did you pay full retail? either way how much was it cause im going to be talking to my old boss who now works as a GM of a best buy store to see if he will sell me one.

-CGfreak102

I'm curious on the pricing as well. Did they charge you full price for it since they couldn't activate it to your account?

I don't think Verizon can or would pursue you in any sort of legal action for buying the phone. This is not the United States of Verizon. There isn't a criminal law preventing anyone from lawfully purchasing unreleased hardware that companies themselves make available for sale, even if due to internal error. There may be a civil cause of action that lies elsewhere, but it wouldn't be worth their time. And don't bring up the iPhone 4 prototype. That was worth Apple's time because the phone was still in testing. The Nexus is in stores waiting for the green light.
    guinnkevinr likes this.

ROM
    AOKP / Bugless Beast

Posting a thread with no pic makes somebody a troll, but on the flip side posting a pic like that makes you a boss.

Congrats man
    @Arevill
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Quote Originally Posted by guinnkevinr View Post
    I'm curious on the pricing as well. Did they charge you full price for it since they couldn't activate it to your account?
    I paid full (3rd party) retail. I don't have an upgrade to use. It was $799.99. If the phone is released in the next week or so I may return it and buy it from a corporate store to save that cash.

I'm just gonna keep telling myself it was an early christmas present to me.
    Droiderator

ROM
    Bugless Nexus

I paid full (3rd party) retail. I don't have an upgrade to use. It was $799.99. If the phone is released in the next week or so I may return it and buy it from a corporate store to save that cash.

I'm just gonna keep telling myself it was an early christmas present to me.
    Very awesome and thanks for the pic. Were all jelly

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I think I had a heart attack. NO phone is worth 800 dollars! I'm glad you got one though lol

Congratulations man. I'm jealous as hell but I am happy for you.

Sent from somewhere using something to send it.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Ok...activated it online. Didn't need to talk to anybody, and it allowed me to keep my grandfathered unlimited date (I figured it would be sneaky and force me to talk to a CSR to keep unlimited).

When I walked into the corporate store to get the sim card, she told me I needed to bring my phone in so they could activate it in store. I tried telling her that my wife was picking up the phone on her lunch break and I wanted to have it waiting before she got home, but that didn't work. I just went over to best buy and bought it for $20. meh
    Android Connoisseur

Global Posts
    912 Global Posts

Places have them are selling them full retail for $620-680. When they get them at least.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    276 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by potatolover1102 View Post
    I think I had a heart attack. NO phone is worth 800 dollars! I'm glad you got one though lol
    Sure it is. Value = what someone is willing to pay for it. It's just not worth 800 to you...
    Android Connoisseur

Global Posts
    912 Global Posts

Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/IN-HAND-READ...-/220911817547

1200 for one today.....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast