Coming from BB Bold 9930 to G-Nex

bbhybridchris

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys I've been reading on here for a long time but up until now had no reason to really post as I am a BlackBerry guy. Gonna be upgrading the line I have now on Verizon which has been upgradeable since this past March. I have used a motorola cliq before with android obviously not the best android experience out there. I do have the Bold 9930 currently on Verizon so I am assuming the Backup Assistant will work as far as my contacts go. I dont know that my google account ever had my accounts stored from before. What else do I need to know when I switch over hopefully this upcoming week! ??? Any suggestions or info would be greatly appreciated guys seems like a great bunch of guys here and I look forward to being a part of the community here!

fantom555

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
i have the bb9930 now and will be getting the new nexus when it comes out. i also had the iphone so i am very familiar with moving info and best way to handle all the contacts and calendar. i sugest u get a gmail account and copy all contacts and calender info there as soon as u put in your gmail info it will show up on the phone. i have done it a few times i had a few droids before the bb. i even have an exchange account on windows my corp email and i still point all to my gmail as sync. this is the best and most efficient way. if you have any questions u can pm me i will give you my number to call.

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
M.google.com and download google sync to your bb. It sounds like you are already using gmail, do that is my first suggestion. Once your contacts are online they will be downloaded automatically with your nexus.

Reactions: bbhybridchris

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys!...yes I do have a gmail account which I never use but it is there. So best to use that to store my contacts then?

That would be a great idea. One of the things that will happen when you first power up the phone is ask you to either log into a gmail account, or create one. If you already have a gmail account, it will sync all of your contacts with your phone. Any photos that you have assigned to contacts either on your phone, or gmail will sync as well.

Reactions: bbhybridchris

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc