Best Buy on 12/11

jimbosi

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
So, who's going to chance a visit, given that some leaks (and some posters report) that BB will be offering the G-Nex starting tomorrow? It seems clear to me that the field (BB, Radio Shack, and 3d party) are all over the map in what they perceive their guidance to be from Big Red. If anyone's successful tomorrow at BB, let the rest of us know. Cheers.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm not. I find it hard to believe that 3rd party stores, especially big chain stores to sell a device like the Nexus before VZW begins. Not to mention, I think it would more than likely have serious repercussions for the stores themselves. Potentially they would be in violation of their contracts with VZW.

ihyln

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
do you have to be eligible for an upgrade in order to get a nexus? I have a free dinc2 but I definitely want a gnex. Should I return the dinc2 ahead of time or is my only choice a VZW store?

UserError

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
They told me to check their website for updates ... punks ... lmao!!

I'll just wait until Verizon Store actually sells them.

jimbosi

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, that kind of why I posted the thread-- to get an idea if others were having any success on 12/11 at BB. If I see some success, it may prompt me to brave the holiday crowds. I'll see what the thread looks like mid-morning. Good luck, everyone who goes!

jkarg00

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
If your buying one straight up I think it would be a bad deal to go through BB aren't their prices a little high if you can't price match or sign a new contract?

TheDave

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
If your buying one straight up I think it would be a bad deal to go through BB aren't their prices a little high if you can't price match or sign a new contract?

Depends on the manager for price match, usually they will.

Also, Black Tie is amazing. Give them a broken, they make sure you walk out with SOMETHING. Definitely worth the money

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Depends on the manager for price match, usually they will.

Also, Black Tie is amazing. Give them a broken, they make sure you walk out with SOMETHING. Definitely worth the money

Problem with price match is that if BB is the only place selling it for some reason then they have nothing to price match to

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Problem with price match is that if BB is the only place selling it for some reason then they have nothing to price match to

I wonder if they would price match negri or other online 3rd party sellers? I mean that is still more than verizon but saves you a little over $100 bucks from the $799 bb charges.

UserError

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Called Fry's Electronics ...

"Crap man, I think we do have it. Let me check with my boss before I have you come down.

(waiting)

(waiting)

Sorry, no, we don't have it yet. You should call back during the week."

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I'd like to go off contract, but I'm not paying more than $700, $750 tops. We'll see tomorrow morning, but what's the source of these rumors? Not to accuse anyone of passing along bad info, but rumored release dates and this phone don't seem to go together well.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to go off contract, but I'm not paying more than $700, $750 tops. We'll see tomorrow morning, but what's the source of these rumors? Not to accuse anyone of passing along bad info, but rumored release dates and this phone don't seem to go together well.

If you get it from verizon it most likely will be $649 like the rezound and razr. BB always charges like 100 more off contract than verizon.

DrPancake

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
i was at bb this afternoon and they told me they still don't have a date... and you cant preorder until they do have a release date. I talked to the manager. but who knows!

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I just found the link to the BB story in another thread. I'm not investing a ton of faith in the credibility of this rumor.

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
I will be watching this thread.

yal7ll.jpg

DrPancake

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
lol i think eventually even if the phone is still delayed the vzw stores and bb will start selling them just to stop all of us tech geeks calling them and coming to their stores relentlessly everyday

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084