Best way to sync iTunes on Nexus/ICS?

JarodL

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I know iSyncr and DoubleTwist get some pretty good reviews. Does ICS change anything in terms of being able to sync directly with itunes? I don't have any playlists, just ~1,500 songs, but I don't want an application that requires me to resync my entire library every time I connect, I want something that can do incremental syncs.

What is my best option? Seems like iSyncr gets the best reviews and would let me use the stock google music player. DoubleTwist syncs and has its own music player but a lot of people say it is slow. Dragging and dropping songs manually seems like a PITA for when I need to transfer new songs or add album art.

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Google Music. Store up to 20,000 songs for free without taking up any space on your phone. If you want them on your sd card, use tunesync. Its not free but it is wireless and will sync your entire library

JarodL

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't want to use Google Music, I want the music on my phone so if I don't have good network coverage I don't have problems listening.

goldkear

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
unless you're using an ios device I can see no reason anyone would ever use itunes. I use winamp and the wireless sync works really well for me

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Isync is the best option I know. I think a good way for you to do it incrementally is when you connect again after adding more songs is to check recently added. If you don't want to sync your entire library, created playlist is the only option I know.

I've been using Google music also. It works pretty good but, every once in a while it does get slow if you 're not on at least 3G. If you play a lot of songs you like while on wifi it caches them pretty good and, access won't be as slow when you play them again over cellular data. or you could make it available offline

Clancy3434

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah but if you bought it before they made them all drm free then it will still have drm protection on it...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Exactly.

Those of us who bought songs from iTunes well before apple launched the iPhone and became evil are pretty much screwed.

Plus iTunes match is better than Google music. Trying to upload every song takes forever

JarodL

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Isync is the best option I know. I think a good way for you to do it incrementally is when you connect again after adding more songs is to check recently added. If you don't want to sync your entire library, created playlist is the only option I know.

I've been using Google music also. It works pretty good but, every once in a while it does get slow if you 're not on at least 3G. If you play a lot of songs you like while on wifi it caches them pretty good and, access won't be as slow when you play them again over cellular data. or you could make it available offline

Thanks. So iSyncr doesn't do incremental syncs? I only have one playlist which is my entire library. If I buy a new song, I will have to re-sync all my other songs to get that one additional song on?

Limjelo

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
unless you're using an ios device I can see no reason anyone would ever use itunes. I use winamp and the wireless sync works really well for me

Because many used iTunes for all of their music before Android and they don't feel like scanning their entire library again.

bojack72

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
GM syncs all of my purchased iTunes music, and cant you make them available offline?

You can make them available offline. Once they are downloaded onto google music, just go to albums and on the bottom right of each album there is a little upside down pyramid. click that, then click make available offline.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Those of us who bought songs from iTunes well before apple launched the iPhone and became evil are pretty much screwed.

Apple was evil before the iPhone. I hated that they were locking people into their ecosystem with DRM, so I never used an iPod nor did I ever purchase anything off iTunes.

Laramie

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Has anybody else had trouble with iSyncr? Back when I had my DroidX, I swear iSyncr was causing major havoc on my phone. Everything was fine until I started using it, then all of a sudden my music player was doing weird things, I'd get force closes all the time and eventually had to do a hard reset.

I got my phone setup after the reset, everything was fine, then I re-installed iSyncr and it happened again. I couldn't put my finger on it but it was weird.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance