Nexus getting hot?

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: Phone gets very hot

I have a feeling the larger screens get on phones along with the thinner they are getting that heat will be more and more noticeable with these phones. Does the Razr get hot? I haven't charged my GN yet and havent had it get "hot" for me, but I haven't been able to play around with it too much yet.

hyperdude

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

I've had it on the wall charger for an hour or two now. I was still using it, texting and checking Facebook and such. I noticed the top part of the screen (and the back cover) were strangely warm - pulled off the battery cover and the top area inside was kind of hot. Reminds me of how when my OG Droid would get hot (about 40 deg C).
I'm not too worried about it. Leaving the phone alone for ten or twenty minutes cooled it off

mebaker

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
yeah, mine was a bit warm this morning after playing with it. The top part of the phone is the part that is warm. I haven't charge it yet because I'm attempting to discharge the battery and fully recharge it. I will definitely use a bluetooth when talking on the phone for a long duration ...

It is my understanding from a previous post that it actually bad to ever let these batteries completely discharge. Someone let me know if I'm wrong.

will report back.

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site

jeez.. hope this isnt really an issue.. seems like alot of people are affected by it.. a device getting overly hot is a bad sign.

hyperdude

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

jeez.. hope this isnt really an issue.. seems like alot of people are affected by it.. a device getting overly hot is a bad sign.
I think this is more a side effect from using 4G data a lot on a really thin phone (and one with a big display no less). I don't notice any issue when I just leave the phone alone. When I chug 100MB of data in 10 minutes syncing my account, then it gets a little warm :cool:

scils8

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Picked mine up went back to work and threw it on the charger about 20 minutes later it was extremely hot texted my friend who also picked one up and he was having the same problem.

Gshaw31

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Seems like it only get's hot while in use. I turned it off and it charged quickly and temp was very cool. I charged off pc and again cool. So, must only be a problem when charging and using the GN. Check for your self and let me know.

Thanks again
Gman

wheezy

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Turn off the 4g radio unless you need it on. Will save power and should cool it down. I wonder if its taking on too much power at once. Is there an app for monitoring hardware on this?

cdunn05#AC

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Every LTE phone I've had has gotten hotter than hell when I've used it. I just accept it for what it is. I like to use it, let it get hot, and slap it on people's necks. ;)

wysiwygg

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
i had my gn get hot.

ihd it turned off and the batt went down form 42% to 14% when i turned it back on...

i shut down, let it cool and it came back on with 36% batt..and all seemed well...

as near as i can figure, the raido was trying the whole time to get my email and perhaps the gps was on as well..and that was what was "cooking"

but i don't know for sure...

dragon718

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Mine was getting extremely hot really quick the first day that i got it, i was/am using it alot but still it was like the original poster said the store unit was and was getting extremely hot within 15 minutes. I had the brightness turned on all the way up, once i turned that onto auto brightness it much improved. Still gets hot but its normal now only after heavy usage and it doesn't get extremely hot like before. So the store unit may of had the brightness all the way up or not set on auto brightness.

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
wonder if getting the extended battery cover but not using the extended battery would help dissipate the heat. I've only noticed mine getting warm while watching amazon video on wi-fi and downloading apps.

I wouldn't call it hot. I though every smartphone got hot, the ones I've had before did.

Reactions: theduder

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
wonder if getting the extended battery cover but not using the extended battery would help dissipate the heat. I've only noticed mine getting warm while watching amazon video on wi-fi and downloading apps.

I wouldn't call it hot. I though every smartphone got hot, the ones I've had before did.

Exactly. This phone gets nowhere near as hot as the Nexus S 4G.

Coming from that phone, the GN is much improved.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Been using mine like crazy, Netflix, downloading apps, web broswer, streaming music etc... Also charging it on 4 different chargers, 2 wall and 2 car and it hasn't gotten close to hot.

lollyarb

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Purchased at a store about 3 miles from home. Played with the GN on the drive home and it was noticeable HOT by the time I got home (I wasn't driving, don't attack me :) Since then I have used it with 4G on to do some heavy lifting and I haven't noticed it getting anywhere near as hot as it did those first 3 miles. Not sure what kind of learning curve was involved but it was pretty steep. No issues since. Warm is perfectly fine. Love the phone.

tfuss13

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I've had my nexus for 3 days now. It burns my ear when I'm using the phone while charging
It also randomly gets hot while I'm talking on it. Other than considering to visit my local burn unit I love my new Nexus!

Gherkin Savorus

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Mine got hot today after using the navigator feature with a car charger. Got really warm later that night as well too with normal usage. Not so hot that i couldnt use it but it was definitely noticeable. Prior to this it wasnt remotely warm. I wonder if the car charging is throwing it off somehow?

This is with the extended battery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome