Nexus getting hot?

Heath276

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Ok don't know where to post this so if it needs to be moved so be it. But anyway I was at a vzw and they let me check out their demo phone. While playing with it, the phone started getting really hot. I only had it maybe 15 mins I asked the guy there and he said yesterday the phone was just sitting there doing nothing but being on and it got so hot he couldn't hold it. Have any of y'all that got one had this happen?

Sent from my SCH-I510

rayj2B

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
There's got to be a lot of problems with this phone which is why it's not getting released by Verizon. They don't want to put a product out there that might be full of issues making a lot of unhappy people. Just got to hang in there and let them solve the problem with google and Samsung. Could be a long winter before anymore get sold. Phone getting hot could start a fire in your pocket. That could hurt a lot.
Better to leave the stock in the back room until fix the issues. I doubt it's over google wallet. It's only available on the Sprint Nexus 4G and doesn't look like it's working out which explains why you can't get the app on any other Android phone.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
There's got to be a lot of problems with this phone which is why it's not getting released by Verizon. They don't want to put a product out there that might be full of issues making a lot of unhappy people. Just got to hang in there and let them solve the problem with google and Samsung. Could be a long winter before anymore get sold. Phone getting hot could start a fire in your pocket. That could hurt a lot.
Better to leave the stock in the back room until fix the issues. I doubt it's over google wallet. It's only available on the Sprint Nexus 4G and doesn't look like it's working out which explains why you can't get the app on any other Android phone.

bionic or thunderbolt launched with tons of issues. Verizon didn't want google wallet. Please quit spewing ignorance when you do not know what you are talking about.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Ok don't know where to post this so if it needs to be moved so be it. But anyway I was at a vzw and they let me check out their demo phone. While playing with it, the phone started getting really hot. I only had it maybe 15 mins I asked the guy there and he said yesterday the phone was just sitting there doing nothing but being on and it got so hot he couldn't hold it. Have any of y'all that got one had this happen?

Sent from my SCH-I510

If it was plugged in charging, most phones get hot when using it while it is charging so that may be the reason.

Reactions: Jdm4292

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I used a demo one for about the same amount of time and I didn't even feel it get warm. not plugged in. Battery at about 76% I think so wasn't just off a charger either.

Heath276

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
If it was plugged in charging, most phones get hot when using it while it is charging so that may be the reason.

No it wasn't and when he hand it to me it was turned off and cool to the touch. So we can rule out the phone being plugged in.

Sent from my SCH-I510

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Was it 4g most phones get warm with 4g its a sad state. Sad state every one blames defective devises with such a minor issues.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Was it 4g most phones get warm with 4g its a sad state. Sad state every one blames defective devises with such a minor issues.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Yeah those moto's get especially hot. So does the droid 3 and that isn't 4g.....

jhtheking

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

Only NFC-enabled devices can have google wallet.. so that explains why most android phones don't have it.

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I used a demo for about 5 mins....no temp change. Every phone I've ever had has gotten warm though...usually a battery pull or reboot fixes the problem. I'm not worried - probably a defective unit or fluke problem.

dNj

May 25, 2010
Visit site
My GSM version gets warm even with light use. Last night I was playing a game while charging and the device was beyond warm around the camera (front and back). I came here via a Google search, because i'm considering returning my unit due to the heat. I love the device, but I've never used a phone that was this consistently warm.

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
maybe it is defective? I mean there are always a few bad ones that leak out.

If there is THAT many defective models that even the in store demo is defective then further update and testing is more of a likely delay explanation then gw.

Defective models should exceed .01% of any product...

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
My GSM version gets warm even with light use. Last night I was playing a game while charging and the device was beyond warm around the camera (front and back). I came here via a Google search, because i'm considering returning my unit due to the heat. I love the device, but I've never used a phone that was this consistently warm.

you just need to get the CO2 cartridge cooling accessory.