Gave in got one on craigslist

ihtc

May 1, 2010
Visit site
got mine on craigslist. $700, seeing as full retail would be 650 plus tax its the same difference (im in 8.875 tax rate). Called ahead to verify ESN, it was clean. Verizon CS was asking "where did you get that its not even launched, the ESN is clean but we may not be able to activate it for you". Took my rezound sim cut it, phone activated works like a champ. I love it!

Mannysaurus

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
1) I hate you
2) The back lit part of my screen doesn't work anymore
3) I hate you
4) That is all

No, but really, congratulations. What firmware are you on? 4.0.1? Is the prediction when typing accurate?

bbhybridchris

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
if anyone is interested I saw one posted in the Harrisburg, Pa craigslist page for $800.00 ......not worth it to me but someone nearby may be interested...

ihtc

May 1, 2010
Visit site
yes 4.0.1 firmware. Figured it was fairly risk free so long as Verizon said the ESN was clean. Don't see how they will all of a sudden blacklist it. I haven't typed enough on it to really judge the keyboard yet. I can definitely feel the difference form the rezound, even though its a bit thinner its bigger and feels to me a bit heavier (no idea the actual weight specs etc. just judging what i actually notice. So far i love ICS so nice to have a pure OS with a great new UI, feels as great as last sunday when i played with the one at the samsung experience store,

sfbates

Jan 24, 2011
www.twitter.com
got mine on craigslist. $700, seeing as full retail would be 650 plus tax its the same difference (im in 8.875 tax rate). Called ahead to verify ESN, it was clean. Verizon CS was asking "where did you get that its not even launched, the ESN is clean but we may not be able to activate it for you". Took my rezound sim cut it, phone activated works like a champ. I love it!

Welcome to the club

ihtc

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the club

Why thank you sir. Enjoying every minute of it. Went through the razr (wasn't a fan, sold) rezound (great phone! but now selling), and finally got the nexus! rezound is a close second, and if/when it has s-off and a debloated ICS rom it will be an excellent choice as well!

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Why do people keep saying that? Disable Google Search, done.

What else that breaks I don't know, but it gets rid of the search bar.

The only thing about doing that is you still can't put anything else in that area. I guess it's cool if you want that area empty on every screen.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
The reason the ESN could end up being blacklisted is because the phone wasn't supposed to be sold yet and they could assume you got it through illegitimate means.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
The reason the ESN could end up being blacklisted is because the phone wasn't supposed to be sold yet and they could assume you got it through illegitimate means.

If it is a test unit that is technically property of verizon, then yes they could blacklist the ESN, or if it was stolen and not purchased they could blacklist it. If it is a retail unit and the original purchase was through a 3rd party retailer who just happened to sell it a few days early, the op would have nothing to worry about. If I buy one on craigslist I'm definitely going to request a copy of the receipt. I bought a test unit of the original bold 9000 about a month before it was actually released. The PIN was blacklisted by RIM. Luckily I threatened the craigslist seller enough that he finally gave me my money back

ihtc

May 1, 2010
Visit site
If it is a test unit that is technically property of verizon, then yes they could blacklist the ESN, or if it was stolen and not purchased they could blacklist it. If it is a retail unit and the original purchase was through a 3rd party retailer who just happened to sell it a few days early, the op would have nothing to worry about. If I buy one on craigslist I'm definitely going to request a copy of the receipt. I bought a test unit of the original bold 9000 about a month before it was actually released. The PIN was blacklisted by RIM. Luckily I threatened the craigslist seller enough that he finally gave me my money back

I suppose these are all valid points. Test units are generally marked and do not come in retail boxes so im going to throw that one out. However You are right someone could have pulled a move and just taken one from a stock room, in which verizon would report clean ESN until the store eventually reported it. I am hoping these is not the case :(. Sucks when you think about no real 100% way to verify an ESN unless you buy it and have a receipt with matching ESN. At this point i need to just hope im ok.