Migrating from Blackberry/Outlook Data to Nexus Help

rablaw

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I desperately want to buy a Verizon Galaxy Nexus, but only if I can seamlessly (yes, that "apple term") transfer my Blackberry calendar and Contacts (which I sync with Outlook 2007), to the Nexus. Otherwise, I will move to an iPhone 4S, as I believe iTunes will transfer all Outlook data directly to an iPhone 4S.

Thus far, I am not aware of how to transfer Outlook data (I'm satisfied with calendar and contacts only) without a hitch. I tried Google's transfer apps and they did not transfer everything.

If it makes a difference, all my contacts are also backed up into Verizon Backup Assistant.

I would prefer not to use 3d party apps because the data then rests within those apps, and I don't particularly like to use those apps.

So, does anyone out there have a better solution for me? I'm sure there must be many more people with the same issue.

Thanks.

choocar

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Apple's synch between Outlook & iPhone isn't trouble free. This is especially true if you have lots of contacts & calendars you want to synch.

My smartphone path has been:
Palm
Blackberry touchscreen
iPhone 3GS
Since my son now works at Google, I'm eager to try the full Google experience, so I plan to buy a Galaxy Nexus as soon as possible--hopefully Thursday.

And hopefully, the synch with Outlook will work well.

rablaw

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks.
Please post your experience. I've never been very happy with blackberry. I also started with the first Palm, continued with Palms until my Treo broke, and moved to a BB Tour.
I have over 2,400 contacts in my BB. What I am most concerned with is the calendar, since I have numerous entries, which often change several times daily.

rdmodlin

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site
I just did this over a year ago. you need to get a google acct. From there you get the google calender, and gmail. Your contacts will me under your gmail page. It all syncs with you PC, works very well. You may have to transfer your contacts at time of sale, from phone to phone.

rablaw

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
hmmm. I tried it several months ago, but it missed too many calendar entries and contacts.
I re-downloaded google sync again yesterday, and it would not recognize outlook. Kept saying it could not find the version of outlook I had (which is 2007). I am running Windows 7 64 bit.
Thanks for your input.