Do we have Nexi or is 12 DEC off the list?

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm hoping the 15th is the day. If it's not then I'm probably just going to buy the gsm version from negri electronics and go month to month with tmobile or att until the verizon one drops and then sell the gsm one on craigslist or ebay and pick up the Verizon version. As mad as I am about this launch and previously the Thunderbolt launch, leaving verizon is not an option for me.

dadsterflip

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
its a dry monday morning so far. so i highly doubt anything today. thursday doesn't even sound all that good anymore anyways.
might be a long haul and hope im wrong.

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I haven't read the 12th anywhere as a date?

Judging by the lack of new "I got mine!" threads, I think that's the answer.

I'm not even going to a store until the 15th, unless that date changes... or pre-orders show up on VZW before that.

*customized tapatalk signature*

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
no, but i did get an e-mail from radio shack offering me a free droid x2

:sigh:

I got that also. And to the OP no the 12th was never on the table last week after the 9th fell through everyone seemed to be saying the 15th, I am sure if that changes we will know tomorrow or wed.

DaPoets

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
your best bet was a random Best Buy on the 11th, other than that wait impatiently and see what Thursday looks like.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Just got up...nothing yet huh...well !#$@$#@
The day is young yet. Still have a slight chance something will come out today.

Blaksmyth

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I stopped by my local radio shack and the csr showed me the email that said don't tell customers we have it, don't display it until further notice. They are receiving stock this week. I think i'll just wait and buy it online with no sales tax.

mjhubbard

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Well I figured with some saying the 14th, some saying the 11th, some saying the 15th....

Every day might be the day. Its like waiting for armagedon. we are always on the brink.

mjhubbard

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I stopped by my local radio shack and the csr showed me the email that said don't tell customers we have it, don't display it until further notice. They are receiving stock this week. I think i'll just wait and buy it online with no sales tax.

Just a friendly warning. You are still supposed to pay sales tax. When you buy something from accross state lines, if you state has a sales tax and the one that sold it to you does not, you are supposed to remit that tax to the state using your states form when you do your taxes. Even if you dont have a state income tax, you are supposed to remit tax on anything that you bring into the state for personnal use.

For a phone, this is really not a big deal. But as states have become more broke, it is getting more press. People in MA used to like to go to New Hampshire to buy cars because there was no sales tax. Well MA, in need of money, is now prosecuting many of those people for sales tax evasion because they did not remit the sales tax due. See, you are actually importing a good accross state lines and that good is still subject to sales tax. We just dont have customs at state lines to colect it. You are supposed to remit it yourself.

Will a state chase you down for a $600 buck phone? probably not. But if you work in financial services, you cant afford to even appear wrong.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
You pay your sales tax when you register the car so there is no way around not paying it. Doesn't matter what state you bought the car.

Not sure if you have never registered a car here or it has been a while since you have but I am 38 and have never seen it done differently in 20 years

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Android Police @AndroidPolice

The Galaxy Nexus launch date is still Dec 15th as of this morning, according to our sources. Let's hope it's the final one this time...

mjhubbard

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
You pay your sales tax when you register the car so there is no way around not paying it. Doesn't matter what state you bought the car.

Not sure if you have never registered a car here or it has been a while since you have but I am 38 and have never seen it done differently in 20 years

I am not sure of the laws of MA as I am in texas, I only read about MA as a particilar state that has been having issue with it so I used it as an example. I am not sure you are right though about sales tax being paid at registration. If I own a car for 10 years and move to MA and register the car in MA, MA is not going to charge me sales tax. I think you may have another tax you are thinking of.

In Texas, you pay TTL (tax, title, license) when you buy the car, this includes registration (You do pay some taxes for road work and such, which is part of registration, but that is not sales tax). If you just want to register it because you bring it in from another state, sales tax is not included in the registration. So if say oklahoma did not charge tax when you bought the car, but texas does. I could go to Oklahoma, buy the car tax free, take it back to Texas and register it. Since Texas does not charge sales Tax when you register the car, I just got a car tax free. By law since my state has sales tax, I must remit that tax when I file taxes. If I do not, I am guilty of tax evasion. The same applies to any good, not just cars. Technically if you go from MA to New Hamshire to buy booze, you have to remit that tax as well but no state is going to chase a few bottles of Captain Morgan.

The same applies to a phone. If you buy a phone from a state that does not have sales tax, that company wont charge you tax. But if you buy it and imidiately import it to another state that does have sales tax, you are supposed to remit that tax to the state.

Note: My wife is a sales and use tax accountant for a oil and gas firm that dose buisness in 30 states. She is why I am no longer allowed to go and buy big things like TVs on reservations and states that dont have tax. When we got married she educated me on all of this. As a CPA with joint finances, if I broke this law, she would be accomplice to me for tax evasion and could loose her license.

Last edited:

Akuma

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I am not sure of the laws of MA as I am in texas, I only read about MA as a particilar state that has been having issue with it so I used it as an example. I am not sure you are right though about sales tax being paid at registration. If I own a car for 10 years and move to MA and register the car in MA, MA is not going to charge me sales tax. I think you may have another tax you are thinking of.

In Texas, you pay TTL (tax, title, license) when you buy the car, not when you register it (You do pay some taxes for road work and such, which is part of registration, but that is not sales tax). So if say oklahoma did not charge tax when you bought the car, but texas does. I could go to Oklahoma, buy the car tax free, take it back to Texas and register it. Since Texas does not charge sales Tax when you register the car, I just got a car tax free. By law since my state has sales tax, I must remit that tax when I file taxes. If I do not, I am guilty of tax evasion. The same applies to any good, not just cars. Technically if you go from MA to New Hamshire to buy booze, you have to remit that tax as well but no state is going to chase a few bottles of Captain Morgan.

The same applies to a phone. If you buy a phone from a state that does not have sales tax, that company wont charge you tax. But if you buy it and imidiately import it to another state that does have sales tax, you are supposed to remit that tax to the state.

I'm at lunch and didn't read your entire post but mass sends you a yearly excise tax bill

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

idkwhothatis123

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Android Police @AndroidPolice

The Galaxy Nexus launch date is still Dec 15th as of this morning, according to our sources. Let's hope it's the final one this time...

If its not the 15th I'm going to get locked up. I'm going to go Al Capone on somebody.

Sent from my HTC Mecha using Tapatalk