Does anyone else think Verizon doesn't WANT to release the Nexus?

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: Does anyone else think Verizon doesn't WANT to release the Ne

Verizon probably wants to burn through its current inventory before announcing another phone, especially one without all the crapware where it can't make as much money back. A 12/15 launch almost guarantees the phone won't have enough traction in holiday sales to impact its other phones.

FishPharm

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site

I think Verion wants to sell it but they are in no hurry to get it on the shelf. It wouldn't surprise me at this point if they just release it the last Thursday in December but I don't feel that this is that likely because so many retailers have them in stock and some are already leaking out.

davebuck

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site

Agreed Got to think that Motorola and HTC would be pissed is Nexus came out at the same time. My present phone is almost dead, so they best get their act together soon or I might defect and get a Razr.:cool:

anon(28010)

May 31, 2010
Visit site

They want to get his phone released as soon as possible. It's delayed for a good reason, whatever that might be.

Sooner they get it out, sooner they can check this whole phone off the list as "done" and move on to other issues. It might be a big deal to some of us, but in the minds of the people running VZ, it's just one issue/problem of many that they are dealing with on a daily basis in a crazy industry.

Akuma

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
If they didn't want to release a nexus, they wouldn't. So I think yes they do want to release a nexus

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

If they didn't want to release a nexus, they wouldn't. So I think yes they do want to release a nexus

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

plus they wouldn't have got the exclusivity for a device they don't want to sell. They would have said no like they did with nexus one and nexus s.

STC09

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
plus they wouldn't have got the exclusivity for a device they don't want to sell. They would have said no like they did with nexus one and nexus s.

Unless they were more interested in denying first mover status to AT&T, for example, and prefer to rely on the Razr/Rezound for whatever reason to maintain their momentum.

Not saying that's what happened, just that it's plausible.

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site

Yes, Verizon is really against the Galaxy Nexus on two fronts:

1. Their flagship is the Droid and they're afraid after putting so much money behind that phone (advertising) this one will cannibalize the droid's sales

2. They have a competing product to Google Wallet coming out (this objection/obstruction of theirs is probably illegal)

mechapathy

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Naw dude, Verizon really wants to lose a whole bunch of money on stuff they've ALREADY PAID FOR. No, it's not canned, yes, they want to sell it.

What the hell?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk