Anyone putting stock in Dec 15th?

kthomas1

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I sure hope it comes out by then. I am running out of time.

I am headed back to Canada around the 20th for a couple of weeks before I move to Houston, so I would like to have the phone in hand by then. My current phone is some motorola flip phone that I've had for 2.5 years. Been holding out for the Nexus, but I'm not sure how much longer my current phone is going to last. It's been really finicky charging lately, I'm pretty sure it's going to crater soon.

kenrico

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
As others have said, I'm starting to feel like Charlie Brown trying to kick the football... But I can't help wanting to believe each rumored date will finally be the real deal. It's like my heart says "yep, it'll happen" and my head says "yeah, right...and if you believe that...".

Anyway I just returned from my local Verizon corp store and, of course, got the standard line "we have no information on a possible release date". In fact the rep I talked with wouldn't even admit they have the phones in stock even after I told her that her manager just said they did.

Lucy be damned, I went ahead and made a 10:00am appointment for Thursday. Here's hoping I don't end up on my backside wondering why I keep doing this to myself!

If the 'Doctor is in' you should just be able to hand Lucy a nickel and get what you want . . .

SchroederNexus

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Haven't seen nearly the proof for the 15th that we had indicating the 9th - fake or not - it looked real enough for me to pin my hopes on. I'm actually hoping it's not the 15th b/c I have an all day training that I can't be late for. 16th would be better for me - not that anyone probably cares.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Soo how bout that Tim Tebow yesterday?

For any of you that have thrown out a date in this thread....its as solid as any date out there!

Meaning who knows when the %#$@ the @#$% phone is coming out

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I used to be all cheerful and happily waiting for the phone.
Now I'm all cynical and irritable like most of you guys.....like wtf is up with this crap.
I still be waiting, except not cheerful...just a irritated type of waiting.

The few that have got them does shine a dim light on this.

It started out fun for me also. The lack of info is what really has bothered me from the beginning. Announcing it vaguely on their news site - that I never visit - was strange also.

TheDave

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Im not putting stock in any date unitl its in a Verizon Official press release. At this point, it could come out at any given point in time between now and xmas and I wouldn't be shocked.

DessVZW

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm going with what Verizon's emails are saying until 1) a newer email is sent with a new date or 2) the phone comes out on the promised date. I saw both the email about the 9th and the one about the 15th, and I tend to believe what I see with my own eyes. Verizon pays my spouse incredibly way too much money for me to not believe in them, lol.

Reactions: Tee312

JoJoCal19

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
My bro-law just texted me and said he got an official email just now about the 15th. Said he should have his stock Wednesday and will overnight one to me, unless I want to drive 2.5 hours. We'll see.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm going with what Verizon's emails are saying until 1) a newer email is sent with a new date or 2) the phone comes out on the promised date. I saw both the email about the 9th and the one about the 15th, and I tend to believe what I see with my own eyes. Verizon pays my spouse incredibly way too much money for me to not believe in them, lol.

Them internal vz emails carry some weight for sure...but it can't touch those red and white colored documents coming from Basking Ridge New Jersey.

BrianTufo

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Im not putting stock in any date unitl its in a Verizon Official press release. At this point, it could come out at any given point in time between now and xmas and I wouldn't be shocked.

I won't believe a thing VzW says until I have the device in my hand after purchasing it myself!

have24

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
For some odd reason I just believe that when i wake up tomorrow or am busy procrastinating throughout the day on studying for my finals that we will see an announcement of the Nexus being released for the 15th

:)

Tee312

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site

You're saying you saw your spouse's emails about the 15th? I haven't actually seen a picture emailing talking about December 15th, just rumors via Droid-Life and other blogs. Wasn't entirely sure if there was actually an email or not.

Clancy3434

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Makes sense that the emails are starting to show up now... they started to show up on Tuesday when i was a Friday release... Monday for a Thursday release.

HES

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I know for me, and me alone, that the 15th is the date. I can't nurse this phone along any more and I am heading out of town on the 21st. So on the 15th I'm walking in the store and walking out with a new phone, be it a Nexus or Rezound.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith