Anyone putting stock in Dec 15th?

AZ_Don

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
As others have said, I'm starting to feel like Charlie Brown trying to kick the football... But I can't help wanting to believe each rumored date will finally be the real deal. It's like my heart says "yep, it'll happen" and my head says "yeah, right...and if you believe that...".

Anyway I just returned from my local Verizon corp store and, of course, got the standard line "we have no information on a possible release date". In fact the rep I talked with wouldn't even admit they have the phones in stock even after I told her that her manager just said they did.

Lucy be damned, I went ahead and made a 10:00am appointment for Thursday. Here's hoping I don't end up on my backside wondering why I keep doing this to myself!

dadsterflip

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I gave up on the any other rumored date after the 9th disaster.
Ill believe it when i see it or when vzw announces anything which I highly doubt that.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm not putting any stock in any rumors of any release date on any verizon product after the thunderbolt, and bionic, and now the nexus. I'm hoping and praying its Thursday though. Really ready to retire this thunderbolt.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forum. I actually thought it may come out this late after black friday passed. Now that it's close to the 15th I'm having doubts. If you went to the VZW store and they are still saying the same things then I really doubt it.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
We won't know for sure till Tuesday or Wednesday. And I say that because either Verizon will officially say something by then or there will be more leaks in regards to whether or not the 15th is still on.

There is no certainty, so I don't blame anyone for doubting Thursday.

Reactions: c4k3two

lilnate

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
im not putting that much into it...but im thinking thursday the 15th will be the day....i called my local corporate store today for the first tie and she said they had no information after talking to her manager. I said thank you and was about to hang up and she was like..."well, try calling back thursday, or wednesday to see if anything changes".

the way she said it made it seem like the 15th is the new 9th and wednesday we might be knowing a whole lot more bout the release.

take it all with a huge grain of salt obviously

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I used to be all cheerful and happily waiting for the phone.
Now I'm all cynical and irritable like most of you guys.....like wtf is up with this crap.
I still be waiting, except not cheerful...just a irritated type of waiting.

The few that have got them does shine a dim light on this.

delkhouri

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
from all the people that I've talked to at Verizon corporate stores, it seems like they are hoping it comes out on the 15th or 16th but they aren't any more sure than the rest of us. They seem to be holding onto the idea that it will definitely come out in 2011 because that's the only thing Verizon has said.

That being said I have no intention of getting my hopes up. I do actually believe that if it doesn't come out by Tuesday the 20th of December, we won't see it until 2012. No one has told me that, its just my speculation.

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
If it doesn't happen on the 15th, I'm going to be there the second Best Buy opens to buy one. If they don't get the memo, I may end up like our friends sfbates and dubya and walk out with one, release date or not.

As far as putting stock in the date, I did get a mention of it from my 'source' who works for a corporate location and is in charge of their new product launches for that location. He made it clear that it's only a target date, though, and that was on Saturday. Haven't talked to him since then, so I'll probably see where he stands tomorrow. As far as the delay goes, he did admit it was supposed to launch on the 9th, but that the reason it was delayed was because of connectivity issues. He seems to think it's a good thing they delayed it and since I trust him, I believe it, too.

So should we put stock in a target date? No, but I'm going to remain optimistic because I do believe Verizon wants this to come out before Christmas.

anon(525422)

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Yep, I'm pretty sure Dec 15th is the new target date for Verizon.

Until it's not.

By all accounts, VZW has simply been playing it by ear week by week, pushing back each intended launch date based on whether or not this supposed bugfix is complete on the day. It's not like they've had a specific target date in mind for mid-late December all along and we've just been guessing the wrong one so far.

So yeah, I'm sure they do currently intend to launch on 12/15 -- if all goes according to plan. But if this rumored bug isn't fixed on Tues/Weds, then they'll just push back another week.

As it stands there's little point banking on any particular day or rumor until they say something, because you're looking to pin down a date that's constantly in flux. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it ends up being launched on 12/29, or even pushed into early January with a flurry of excuses.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith