Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree629Likes

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Best Buy Finally Called and Asked Me To Return The GN

There is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON to return this phone. You paid for it and they screwed up. It's not like you funded terrorism here. Keep the phone and be happy you have it early. All the people telling you to return it are probably just jealous they don't have it yet. Don't listen to them and just keep it!!! Or hell send it to me and I'll give you a brand new never used Rezound lol.

ROM
    AOKP / Bugless Beast

Ask for nude photographs of a female employee of your choice.
    @Arevill

IMO ask for a $350 BB gift card to cover the cost of the phone for all of your time and trouble. they can afford it.
    Thanked by:
    FD2
    Shadow Lurker

Global Posts
    376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Keep it. You are not obligated to return it. You walked in during working hours and purchased it. It's yours.
    I'm not a star, somebody lied

Quote Originally Posted by Defconrock View Post
    Ask for nude photographs of a female employee of your choice.
    LMAO!!!
    ADD ME ON

Test the waters, see what they're willing to give you for the phone. I wouldn't accept anything under $1000. If they refuse to negotiate a buy back price, then tell them you're going to enjoy your unreleased phone and have fun dealing with Verizon.

Another couple of considerations:

• If Verizon wants to kill the phone, I am sure their contract will allow them to disable it on their network. The software has not been approved will be enough. (Please, no whining about they don't do it to rooted phones.)
    • If Verizon wants to they could also blacklist you, so you can't get a contract with them - forcing you to another provider. If you need their service, like some of us, that is a problem.
    • Don't be surprised if this thread makes it to news media outlets.
    Thanked by:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #58  

Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    IMO ask for a $350 BB gift card to cover the cost of the phone for all of your time and trouble. they can afford it.
    So ask for a refund + a giftcard for the cost of the phone?

Global Posts
    208 Global Posts

Tell them you will bring it back for a free accessory or two.

Sent from my Fake, delayed, overdramatized Galaxy Nexus

Global Posts
    924 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ATM

Quote Originally Posted by odranoel View Post
    What obligation is that? He purchased the phone legally. It wasn't stolen goods. And of course there is a downside: his time and the opportunity cost of having purchased this phone over another.

I would probably start negotiations at a refund + a giftcard for the value of the phone. I would negotiate over the phone just to avoid taking a separate trip over there to negotiate. But I wouldn't hesitate to walk into the store with my phone; what are they going to do, physically restrain you and take it? I don't think that would go over too well...
    It is a moral obligation, not a legal one. I have no problem with the manner in which he obtained the phone. The vendor is asking that he return it because they made a mistake. I would definitely negotiate with them for stuff. That would be prudent.
    Thanked by:
    YourMobileGuru likes this.

Remember, blackmail is ALWAYS the answer.
    lilnate and Steamer like this.

Quote Originally Posted by guinnkevinr View Post
    Absolutely. The worst they can do is say "no" and make a counteroffer.

I personally would return it but only if I am able to get something out of it from Best Buy for the hassle they are putting you through to return the phone to them.
    "...take it with a grain of salt..." - The saying I hate the most now thanks to HTC Thunderbolt forums lol
    Kage87Z, jpbass7 and Premium1 like this.

Return it if you're having some of the issues that others are having.

If your GNexus is working perfectly, then don't. This phone may have a ton of issues upon its actual launch, even with the 4.1 OTA, and if you have one that's functioning just fine, it's not worth the risk of losing that stability.
    LG Nexus 5 | T-Mobile $30 Plan
    Android 5.0 Developer Preview

Next: Motorola Nexus 6
    Kage87Z likes this.

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bworley50 View Post
    It is a moral obligation, not a legal one. I have no problem with the manner in which he obtained the phone. The vendor is asking that he return it because they made a mistake. I would definitely negotiate with them for stuff. That would be prudent.
    Moral obligation by YOUR morals. Maybe not by OP's (and definitely not by mine).

I would want $1000 gift card. That's MSRP of phone + price i paid for upgrade.
    Thanked by:
    Kage87Z and joker42179 like this.

Yes, and make sure the contract is off too.
    Storm 1 > Droid Eris > Droid Incredible > HTC Thunderbolt > Galaxy Nexus!
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #67  

I'm going to call him back and negotiate in two hours when I'm off work. Truth is, I don't have the Razr anymore since I sold it to pay for the Gnex, so I don't have another phone. There really isn't another phone that I want in it's place so I would negotiate for a refund + a free Razr (Or giftcard of equal value)

ROM
    given up keeping track

If you don't return it, you will simply be banned from every BB in the country.

All your personal info they have will be sent to all the BB security departments. If you were to escape detection in a BB in the future, you will have to pay cash, because anything with your name on it will set off warning lights and buzzers.

In all seriousness, I don't really envy your position now. If it was me, I would reluctantly return it. and wait for the official release.

At least you can come away from all this will one hell of a good story.
    Andy357#AC likes this.

I would be happy with just a refund and enough to cover the cost of phone on contract. people saying you should ask for $1000+ are crazy. If they will give you a giftcard to cover the cost or give you the phone for free why do you need more than that? Maybe some accessories or something. Then again this is the entitled generation...
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    924 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ATM

Quote Originally Posted by Cauhauna View Post
    Moral obligation by YOUR morals. Maybe not by OP's (and definitely not by mine).

I would want $1000 gift card. That's MSRP of phone + price i paid for upgrade.
    Sure, morality is subjective in many instances. The problem is that it could and most likely will affect the store and its employees negatively. If you have an opportunity to right a wrong, you should do so. That is what I was referring to.

Global Posts
    924 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ATM

I'm going to call him back and negotiate in two hours when I'm off work. Truth is, I don't have the Razr anymore since I sold it to pay for the Gnex, so I don't have another phone. There really isn't another phone that I want in it's place so I would negotiate for a refund + a free Razr (Or giftcard of equal value)
    Negotiate in person. Make sure you have your receipt on you.
    carbonbased573 likes this.

yes. plus the tax. make a big deal out of time lost from work, lost personal time, having to install/uninstall apps/widgets/screens, transportation, etc. it was their mistake. and their mistake cost you money in time and aggravation and hassle. they should compensate you for their mistake. how much? the cost of the phone. you spent X hours on getting/setting up/returning this phone. they can afford it. and they will STILL make money on your cellular contract.
    bworley50 likes this.

i wouldnt return it unless the person that sold it to you told you in person they were going to lose their job if you didnt return it...or unless they are going to hook you up with whatever you feel is fair..i personally wouldnt take less than $100 in stuff from them. Make sure whatever you do, you get it in writing and have if possible take your old phone and get it on video. just to make sure.

Make them let you "rent" a phone for free and then free exchange for nexus when it's released

Global Posts
    924 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ATM

Give it back and void the transaction. Make sure they agree to GIVE you one for FREE, NO CONTRACT, because of THEIR mistake. That is a much easier thing for them to eat than the alternatives.
    carbonbased573 likes this.
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast