Best Buy Finally Called and Asked Me To Return The GN

okayguy

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
He's called 3 times now. I'd answer and deal with it now but I'm at work and don't have the time to handle this. I'm guessing all hell is breaking loose over at that store right now. I'm a bit worried.

and that's 3 times in one hour.
block the number and get on with your life.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
He's called 3 times now. I'd answer and deal with it now but I'm at work and don't have the time to handle this. I'm guessing all hell is breaking loose over at that store right now. I'm a bit worried.

Call him and tell him you will call after work if you are worried. If you are going to call anyway, that way they know you are not blowing them off.

tell them meh

LoL that is funny. Every time I see someone type meh I laugh

ryjb

May 11, 2011
Visit site
If it were me I would take it back. However you should make the argument you should be compensated for your time and fuel because of their mistake. I would demand to speak to the store manager. Get everything in writing.

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site

Next time they call answer and tell them to call back when you are off work in 2 hours or whatever. Since you sold your other phone you have to at least get them to give you some kind of phone to replace the Nexus until it is released, and BB gift card at the value of your time and gas for dealing with all of this.
Obviously you feel bad or have morals if you are even considering returning the phone, so you will feel better by returning it and if you get some stuff out of it you won't have to feel cheated by their mistake.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site

That must mean it will cause lots of pain with the wrath of vz be it sanctions and monetary penalties.
They want it back BAD.

I say soak em for at least a grand.

bworley50

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site

Don't worry. You did nothing wrong. It won't go away.

st0ic_1

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I would be happy with just a refund and enough to cover the cost of phone on contract. people saying you should ask for $1000+ are crazy. If they will give you a giftcard to cover the cost or give you the phone for free why do you need more than that? Maybe some accessories or something. Then again this is the entitled generation...

Happy for just a refund, regardless he better be getting a refund if the phone gets returned. It was their job to know what the deal was with the phone, they didn't and they made a mistake by selling it. If the repercussions are that severe for the store, they will be willing to do a lot to have the phone back in their hands. This is the second or third time I've seen you mention "this is the entitlement generation" and while I agree it is, this has nothing to do with "I'm entitled to this or that". It has everything to do with, I have something someone wants very badly and I'm going to capitalize on it.. how do you think people get rich and on top in this world?

Good, you have them right where you want them. They should be more than willing to negotiate a buy-back price.

TerryMasters

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I've worked at Best Buy before, and I guarantee you they'll pull some overly dramatic "aw man!" bullcrap just to get you to give it back. I've seen them do it before from the other side, just laughing at the customer for tugging his heartstrings. Do what you want with the phone but don't get suckered into their nonsense when somebody starts crying about how it was supposed to be a present for their sick grandmother.

bduran727

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
My Take? They sold it to you, it's your phone legally. They cannot forcibly take it away from you. It's Best Buy's fault and they can deal with Verizon or whoever wants the phone back.

Reactions: crzycrkr

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
im going to the gym...im seriously looking forward to what happens when i get back...

again..reading other peoples thoughts...i would shoot for the sky and try to get your contract voided that your just resigned...and then get a free OUTRIGHT Nexus when they are released...then you can use your upgrade in a few months or whenever you feel you want a new phone. I said only a $100 giftcard earlier, but im sure they will make it worth your while to return it.

tl:dr... get an outright phone for free when you return it or tell them meh

Agreed. Free GNex with no contract obligations at release or no return.

Jeff43

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

Call VZW and have them block the #.:p

Seriously though, just call them back when you can, and tell them you'll be back in at YOUR earliest convenience.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
How bout before you go down there, check with a lawyer and see what legal ramifications can be brought up here.

Maybe a lawsuit... woooooo $$$$$$

TWISM

May 29, 2011
Visit site
They want it back because this whole launch is going to get canned.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

TerryMasters

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Oh, and for the record, document everything.

Everything.

Take videos of you having the phone, show the receipts, backup the video do whatever you can to prove they sold you the phone and your deal (free razr, whatever you want) is what they agreed to in order to remedy the situation. Don't walk out of the store thinking you're getting a free Nexus when phone comes out just so they can go "what Nexus?" when you show up.

Reactions: crzycrkr

captaincaveman

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I'd go there and playfully mention, "What ya going to give me for it?"....if they offer something, then that's cool, if not, I'd probably give the phone back anyway.

Someone screwed up. You guys never screw up something at work? Don't be a douche-bag and demand a $1000 gift card or anything. You could very well be affecting someone's job right before Christmas. Their mistake or not, you took advantage of a situation. It's like blaming some old lady you scammed out of her retirement money because she "should have known better." You had a fun couple days with it, just give it back. You can wait a few more days. They may even hook you up.

WITH THAT SAID....

If the person at the store is an ass about it.....go ahead and keep it.

opec

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Just say no. Do it, you know it's the right response. You did nothing illegal, so until there's a subpoena you can completely ignore best buy.

gene1138

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I'd tell 'em that you're out of town for the next week and can't make it to a store. I don't think you're under any obligation to return it. If the phone is still working, keep it. Just don't bang it up if they do end up shutting it down. :)

Last edited:

luckymeeh

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
There's definitely nothing they (Best Buy) can do to fix your "software problem" anyway. All of the updates are OTA. The first OTA update will happen on the official release date (probably the 15th). So... Tell them that and change your number.

Laramie

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I'd return it. I'd feel horrible if somebody got in trouble over it but that's just me. I'd be firm but ask them politely for some kind of gift card or something since you have no other phone. If you are calm and easy to deal with and talk to a manager, I'm sure they'd work something out since it was their mistake.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12