Verizon... or At&t?

willhicks

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Right now I'm on At&t and am planning on switching to Verizon as soon as the GN is available. BUT, if the GN were to come out on At&t, which I think it will at some point, would any of you guys choose At&t over Verizon, and why?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Right now I'm on At&t and am planning on switching to Verizon as soon as the GN is available. BUT, if the GN were to come out on At&t, which I think it will at some point, would any of you guys choose At&t over Verizon, and why?

I have unlimited data with verizon so no. Only way I would is if I did not have unlimited data with either.

jsgraphicart

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Depending on what your reception is like where you are. But for me, Verizon has given me better reception no matter where I am compared to AT&Ts crappy reception. But if you have unlimited data on AT&T right now, Id almost stay with them just for that. If you go to Verizon, you would get capped at 2 or 5 gb depending on your plan. I got lucky because I got in with Verizon when data was still unlimited.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

I wouldnt. I think their customer service is worse than VZW.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

zero.

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
I wouldnt. I think their customer service is worse than VZW.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

individual experience. my ATT cust. svc experience is good although bureaucratic... and i'm surprised to say that. my Verizon experience in the past is worse... FAR worse.

OP, i am on ATT, off contract, and wanting the GNex. i do not have unlimited data on ATT, and i do not have any problems with their network. i have considered signing a new contact with VZW for the GNex, but i am wary of Verizon after a nasty technical, billing, and customer service problem from the 90's (yes, they nailed all three on the head brilliantly).

since i am in Dallas, my coverage is not a major problem for any network. VZW's network is reputed to be much better. i'm sure it is but my needs don't push the limits, so you should consider your needs relative to the carrier's coverage. the monthly cost of both is very similar.

i am still waiting for the GNex after the new year, and i'll give ATT a chance to be in the game in a realistic timeframe.

it comes down to one question for me: is the devil you know better than the devil you don't? ATT or VZW is kind of a toss up to me, but if i didn't have an ugly history with VZW i would sign up right away.

ZacHolley

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
verizon yes because att's unlimited data is a joke when using any lte handset. had a buddy using 5gigs or so a month on att but as soon as he got the skyrocket on the lte network he was throttled for the last 2 weeks of his cycle for using 1.5 gigs they say he is in the top 5percent on the lte network.... junk

then again hopefully your talking about waiting for lte version for att because the gsm version wouldnt be any better than the lte galaxy s2

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
If it was the other way around with AT&T getting the GN and not Verizon I still wouldn't switch to AT&T. Verizon here in the Houston area is way better then any of the others.

Josh515

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I currently am out of contract on AT&T with an unlimited plan. I never use more than 4 GB of data in a month and now that AT&T will be throttling their data, 4 GB on Verizon's network sounds much better. I will be purchasing a Verizon model, even though I don't live in an LTE area (very close to one though), because of the LTE, faster and more reliable service, and the better deal with the data.

anon(28010)

May 31, 2010
Visit site
It's about customer service for me. I've had phones with them both and still have phones with both in my business accounts. Nothing but VZ for personal use.

Whenever I need service from my VZ accounts, I stop by the local branch and it never takes more than 40 minutes. They really seem to want to take are of me.

Whenever I need service from my AT&T accounts, I do it on fridays and stop by the bar beforehand as I know I will be there for 2 hours plus and it won't be fun.

For me, it's VZ for service all the way. The cost structure difference is negligible.

Reactions: willhicks

kharrigan

Now using God's Phone
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I had considered staying on AT&T with my gimpy iP3GS and waiting until the GNex came out, but a wiser person on this forum reminded me that it's unlikely that the AT&T GNex will have LTE... So when released, I will switch to Verizon.

It's all about LTE, bishes.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae