What is the truth of this whole dabacle?

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I was in the thread about the BB employee asking for the GN back and two ideas popped in my head:

1. Does anyone find it weird that Verizon is quoting software issues for the GN, yet (in my estimation) the OP for that thread as well as the other 2 users who got their GN have reported ZERO software issues? Makes me believe that this delay was BS.

2. Also why would BB ask for a phone back if it is planned to be released in a few days? Makes me think that the GN wont be released this week....

Whats your take?

grayzweb

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I can't wait for the movie to come out! Think it will an HBO special. "The Verizon Galaxy Nexus" based on a true story ...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Reactions: Android32

dubya.t

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
I was in the thread about the BB employee asking for the GN back and two ideas popped in my head:

1. Does anyone find it weird that Verizon is quoting software issues for the GN, yet (in my estimation) the OP for that thread as well as the other 2 users who got their GN have reported ZERO software issues? Makes me believe that this delay was BS.

2. Also why would BB ask for a phone back if it is planned to be released in a few days? Makes me think that the GN wont be released this week....

Whats your take?

ACTUALLY all three of us have experienced software issues although mine definitely seems to be the worst of the three. My speakers are not working (could be a bad phone that needs to be replaced so take that as you will but it could be a MAJOR bug so...who knows), my service will completely drop off for about 4-10 minutes at a time out of no where....also could be the phone but who knows and the text to speech works only in text mode not when youre on a browser..

I also noticed when adjusting where the cursor is in a text line it can sometimes be "jumpy" making it almost impossible to get to the right part of the sentence you want to edit.

So yea I would definitely thin software is the real reason behind the GnEx. we need 4.0.2

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

Whats your take?

1) No. Other users elsewhere on the interwebs have written about fairly predictable connectivity problems.

2) Ha. Are you being serious? It has nothing to do with release. For all we know, it could be released tomorrow. BB asking for the phone back has nothing to do with the release, and nothing to do with Verizon's plans.

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
ACTUALLY all three of us have experienced software issues although mine definitely seems to be the worst of the three. My speakers are not working (could be a bad phone that needs to be replaced so take that as you will but it could be a MAJOR bug so...who knows), my service will completely drop off for about 4-10 minutes at a time out of no where....also could be the phone but who knows and the text to speech works only in text mode not when youre on a browser..

I also noticed when adjusting where the cursor is in a text line it can sometimes be "jumpy" making it almost impossible to get to the right part of the sentence you want to edit.

So yea I would definitely thin software is the real reason behind the GnEx. we need 4.0.2

Ok I didnt know that. In your opinion with your usage, are these problems pertinent enough that the phones release should be pushed back? Im asking because I believe we all have experienced at least SOME problems with an android device, but kind of tried to ignore it. Are these problems like those problems, or more major?

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
1) No. Other users elsewhere on the interwebs have written about fairly predictable connectivity problems.

2) Ha. Are you being serious? It has nothing to do with release. For all we know, it could be released tomorrow. BB asking for the phone back has nothing to do with the release, and nothing to do with Verizon's plans.

So to your second answer, do you think it is that important that a device has to be returned 3 days before launch, just to resell it for a lower value? I can understand the legal obligations Bestbuy probably faces, but according to the rumor mill its 3-4 days before its supposed to come out. Will Verizon make go after BB with a lawsuit over this?

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
This sounds like it should be a reply in one of those other threads.

And roflcopter @ stoic_1.

I was going to do this but I didn't want to thread jack and start a completely different conversation in someone else's thread since he was asking on advice on what to do.

dubya.t

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Ok I didnt know that. In your opinion with your usage, are these problems pertinent enough that the phones release should be pushed back? Im asking because I believe we all have experienced at least SOME problems with an android device, but kind of tried to ignore it. Are these problems like those problems, or more major?

the text to speech is minor

the other two...if they are software related..are definitely major more so on the lack of sound. If the lack of sound is a bug that can be fixed...then That is MORE than enough reason to delay the launch of this phone. If it is just my hardware sucking and me getting unlucky...then who knows.

But the service...if it goes out as much as mine has then that may be more that enough reason right there too.

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
the text to speech is minor

the other two...if they are software related..are definitely major more so on the lack of sound. If the lack of sound is a bug that can be fixed...then That is MORE than enough reason to delay the launch of this phone. If it is just my hardware sucking and me getting unlucky...then who knows.

But the service...if it goes out as much as mine has then that may be more that enough reason right there too.

Ok thanx for the info. I guess there really are software implications to the delay of this device and I can take off my tinfoil hat :D

But it was a lot easier blaming verizon and keeping it on lol

Edit: So quick question, do you think that if the launch is actually the 15th, that you should be receiving a software update before then right? It seems safe to say that if you and the other lucky users dont, the release will be pushed back further.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
The phone is supposed to update when it's purchased. These phones that slipped through the cracks haven't updated.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
So to your second answer, do you think it is that important that a device has to be returned 3 days before launch, just to resell it for a lower value? I can understand the legal obligations Bestbuy probably faces, but according to the rumor mill its 3-4 days before its supposed to come out. Will Verizon make go after BB with a lawsuit over this?

Yes, they would. The release date is irrelevant to that situation.

damobster54

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site

The thing is that it wouldn't have to be a lawsuit. Each service contract will have some type of quality control of service. Where if there is a certain type of violation there can be heavy fines involved.

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
The truth of this whole d?b?cle is the lack of will to delay gratification on a phone that hasnt been given a release date by the party that really counts......Verizon.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
The phone is supposed to update when it's purchased. These phones that slipped through the cracks haven't updated.

Not even the ones that didn't slip through the cracks, retail demo units. None, have seen hide nor hair of the update, as well. There hasn't even been talk of it in any other outlets since the recoded radio reports surfaced.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Not even the ones that didn't slip through the cracks, retail demo units. None, have seen hide nor hair of the update, as well. There hasn't even been talk of it in any other outlets since the recoded radio reports surfaced.

That's because it hasn't been issued yet. It will not be pushed until ON or AFTER the official release date. What is so hard to understand about that?

gmen78

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site

Whats your take?
to question #2.....I was thinking the same thing, why would they demand a return if phone is cominv out in 3 days? Not looking good for a release soon. Why does every freaking oem have cdma issues? If it ain't processor complications with verizon, its software issues....enough already!