Galaxy Nexus $199

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Southern California here. Called and stated I'm eligible for the additional $100 off when I upgrade, she noted in on my account as well and informed me it expires 12/31.

Hmmm good in SoCal...maybe good in HI
I got a friend with a deactivated dx lying around. I'm thinking I should borrow that and activate it on my account to replace my charge. Then I be on 3g and upgrade to the Nexus with this discount.

Muahhahaaha

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
so this guy is telling me he cant even pull up the Gnex on his system anymore.. anyone who calls a CS anytime soon let me know what they tell you when you ask for the Gnex date.

They tell me the same thing they've always told me when I ask. It hasn't been announced yet and give me the Nexus page to sign up for emails. The local corporate last week confirmed the 9th multiple times with multiple people in this area, but now they all tell us they don't have a date and can't tell us anything more. They also told us last week their shipment of GN's would be there last Thursday morning, now they are telling us they don't even have any......

I'm confused why this release is going down like it is, I would rather be pissed when they change a date, than be pissed I don't have a date and nobody will tell me anything on a device I'm anticipating. Especially when the rest of the world for the most part either already has it or has dates for it.....

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I just got off the phone with customer service asking about the 100.00 discount. she asked me what phone I was looking at and I told her the Nexus. She said that the promo appears to be from the Chicago area but there may be other promos available but she needed to plug in the phone I wanted first. she then put me on hold for 15 min. and came back apologizing. She couldn't find anything in the system for the Nexus. She was well aware of the phone and thought it was there and tried looking in all different places but no luck. It just wasn't in their system.
So I will just wait until its released and try again! she said my loyalty discount ($30.00) was a given.

I was told the same thing.. CS went to check for the release date and said all of a sudden its not in their system.

DaPoets

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Yep not in the system and gave me a blurb saying they are doing some new test on the Galaxy Nexus to ensure it's working properly on their network, thus it not being in their system anymore. But he was able to confirm he saw my $100 purchase credit for a 4G phone on my account :)

hapbeeboy

May 3, 2010
Visit site
been with VZW for 10 + years, family plan, no 4g phones, my NE2 comes up 1/3/12, they said I have no loyalty discount, NE2 discount is $30, and no $100 off for 3g to 4g switch. . .in SoCal. . .Awesome thanks Verizon!

jharo

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
No dice for me in AZ. But the CS did say that when I go into the store to ask again and mention the code. They may be able to get the discount.

JoeUserTX

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
If the purpose of the discount is to reward those moving from 3G to 4G, then I would think it would apply to anyone that's currently not on a 4G plan, no? I'm assuming much, I know.

But, I'm going to go armed with the discount code when picking mine up, and see if I can score. I am on 3G now, and will have to go with a 4G plan for the Nexus anyhow (but, grandfathered in with no limit, for now). Wouldn't hurt to try negotiating. From what I hear, just about everything is negotiable (within limits); depends upon the rep...

Kdawg8

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm in So Cal and just called, was also told that this was just a Chicago area promotion but the rep said she would call me back if she was able to find out that she could give me the discount.

Gamble757

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I just called as well, and I am eligible for the $100 off 3G -> 4G promotion using the promo code CH4GE that DaPoets said. I'm also eligible for the NE2 $50 off, woohoo!!

Thanks DaPoets!

I'm in Virginia btw.

DaPoets

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I just called as well, and I am eligible for the $100 off 3G -> 4G promotion using the promo code CH4GE that DaPoets said. I'm also eligible for the NE2 $50 off, woohoo!!

Thanks DaPoets!

I'm in Virginia btw.

Excellent!! You can afford my drinking habit now!

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
So much for just the midwest. If you think you should be eligible from the information we think we know, hang up and try again. Usually works.
Sure. Then when you have to actually order it, it doesn't show up again. I live in MI and talked to someone over the weekend and they said I didn't qualify.

cyberdalek

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I just called and the rep found the offer in her computer and stated that it applied to customers in the Midwest who were eligible for an upgrade, but for some reason it did not show on my account. She put me on hold and when she came back she asked me what phone I wanted to buy. She was going to try and ring one up and see if it showed the discount. I told her the Galaxy Nexus and she tried looking it up and could not find it and surprisingly had never heard of it.
She then said that the promo does state that it for certain phone numbers. It seems to be targeted to a certain number of random people that meet the criteria. :mad:
I plan on calling again when this phone is actually released (IF it happens before the 31st) and seeing if I can get it applied at that point.
I am hating Verizon more and more each day this Nexus debacle continues.

DaPoets

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but can you receive the $100 off if you buy it in-store or is only an online/phone offer? Thanks

Call and set it up over the phone. You will get to receive the credit when you go to a Verizon store. Don't count a BB or Radio Shack though.

mike8519

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I got the note added to my account this morning. Live in NJ. Tried to place the GNex order for me but couldn't find any info on it in the system. She said the promo note should be valid in direct stores and telesales

thecandidate

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I got the note added to my account this morning. Live in NJ. Tried to place the GNex order for me but couldn't find any info on it in the system. She said the promo note should be valid in direct stores and telesales

Also from NJ and also got a note added. Hope it holds up.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance