Galaxy Nexus $199

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I went in to two different indirect retailers here in my town and they both said they haven't heard of the promotion...But they did say they were releasing the Nexus Thursday and that I could come in on Friday and buy one...Take it for what it's worth. Gonna call Verizon CS to see about the 100 bucks though.

Edit: Just called Verizon CS rep and she said I was eligible, she also made it sound like anyone switching from a 3g to 4g was eligible. Also that it was only through direct Verizon stores and that if I were to go into a store then they could apply the discount as well. I'm in Oregon regional purposes haha

Last edited:

Gherkin Savorus

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
I called. Atlanta area. They said I qualify and that the promotion ends on the 31st of Dec. I am not on a Corp account and it applies to all lines on a family plan.

phish2420

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
So I called in and tried to use the code....

Was told it was for Chicago/Midwest only. And they wouldn't budge on that.

Interestingly...I did tell the rep I was "like the rest of the world - waiting on the Nexus"

Her next statement kinda of got me wondering...She told me "New devices like that come out the first quarter...and new devices like that also might have a $100 off offer the first quarter....I'd suggest you wait until the first quarter."

No idea what was meant by that whole statement...but I think I'll take her advice and wait until Jan.

She seemed to be implying the phone wouldn't be out until then anyhow. (Hope she was wrong, or I just got the wrong idea though...)

dlcullen

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I went in to two different indirect retailers here in my town and they both said they haven't heard of the promotion...But they did say they were releasing the Nexus Thursday and that I could come in on Friday and buy one...Take it for what it's worth. Gonna call Verizon CS to see about the 100 bucks though.

Edit: Just called Verizon CS rep and she said I was eligible, she also made it sound like anyone switching from a 3g to 4g was eligible. Also that it was only through direct Verizon stores and that if I were to go into a store then they could apply the discount as well. I'm in Oregon regional purposes haha

I was told I qualified and I live in Oregon too. Glad to see a OSU fan bold enough to use that as a username, LOL. My daughter is a freshman there.

We have no corporate store here... guess I'm going to have to make another call to make sure it's on my account or I'll be in the store all day sounds like?

cfc11

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Called 611 twice and both the reps told me there was no such thing. Only a $100 off if you are upgrading from a basic phone to a smartphone. Finally, I found a post on androidforums.com (I would link it, but this is my 1st post here so I'm not allowed yet).

Here's a copy/paste of what it says:

"THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED TO TELL THE CSR

search "3g to 4g smartphone promo" in the "doorways" system.
This is how the rep said he found it. I talked to 2 other CSRs in the past who had no idea what I was talking about. Below is a screenshot of the text the rep sent to me. From what he told me, this seems to be something they are running for most everyone. Also I was told that it expires on the 31st, not the 25th"

Followed these instructions and FINALLY on the third try, it WORKED :-$

drose0

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
No luck here in KY... was told there is a $50 promo for 3G-> 4G upgrade,but not $100. But, with that $50 combined with my final NE2 $50, that is $100... better than nothing.

XXXdc5

May 1, 2010
Visit site
after 15 minutes on the phone the rep couldnt find the promotion and still coudlnt find it after I told her
I'll try again later when the phone is announced

dlcullen

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Called 611 twice and both the reps told me there was no such thing. Only a $100 off if you are upgrading from a basic phone to a smartphone. Finally, I found a post on androidforums.com (I would link it, but this is my 1st post here so I'm not allowed yet).

Here's a copy/paste of what it says:

"THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED TO TELL THE CSR

This is how the rep said he found it. I talked to 2 other CSRs in the past who had no idea what I was talking about. Below is a screenshot of the text the rep sent to me. From what he told me, this seems to be something they are running for most everyone. Also I was told that it expires on the 31st, not the 25th"

Followed these instructions and FINALLY on the third try, it WORKED :-$

The gal didn't couldn't find anything until I mentioned "CH4GE" promo code, listed in the first post

jswenson3

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Just called VZW and they said I didn't qualify since i'm not eligilble for an upgrade. I told her my account online shows that I can upgrade and she said okay. She noted my account and now I should be able to upgrade to the Nexus for $199. (IF IT EVER LAUNCHES):)

Be sure to tell them to look for the CH4GE promo code.

SMacTalk

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Just talked with CS and he told me I am eligible for both the $100 upgrade credit + the $100 3g -> LTE promo, meaning $200 total off, Nexus for $99. Seemed like he was talking to hear himself talk though and I don't have a lot of confidence in this. Asked him several times to make sure and note that in my account.

Never received the card, in TX.

kpoverdorf

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I was just on the phone with CS and the guy could not find anything in my area for this Promo. He said there was something in the Chicago area though. The then proceeds to talk to me about the Galaxy Nexus and how he wants one too. He asked if I wanted to talk shop about the Gnex and browse forums with him. Got a rise out of me. He was equally in the dark about the release date but still planned to get one.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I was told I qualified and I live in Oregon too. Glad to see a OSU fan bold enough to use that as a username, LOL. My daughter is a freshman there.

We have no corporate store here... guess I'm going to have to make another call to make sure it's on my account or I'll be in the store all day sounds like?

I'm in my fourth year here at OSU, I'll always be proud of my school haha.

The lady on the phone told me that even if it was marked on the account that indirect retailers can choose not to honor the promo, and that it can easily be brought up at any corporate store. She also said that indirect retailers have the power to make similar offers, or simply apply the one that verizon is offering though.

reflekt2099

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Can someone please help me with this question?

1) Say I use the Non-3G-to-4G phone promotion to get the $100 off on the Primary Line.
2) Purchase the Galaxy Nexus for $199
3) Switch the Galaxy Nexus to My line and switch the Primary Line back to the Non-3G phone
4) Drop $30 4G Data Plan

is this possible? and still get the $100 off?

Reactions: Bigbrolic

DaPoets

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Can someone please help me with this question?

1) Say I use the Non-3G-to-4G phone promotion to get the $100 off on the Primary Line.
2) Purchase the Galaxy Nexus for $199
3) Switch the Galaxy Nexus to My line and switch the Primary Line back to the Non-3G phone
4) Drop $30 4G Data Plan

is this possible? and still get the $100 off?

As far as I know the 2 year contracts are for voice but don't require you to keep the data unless the phone on that line requires data.

I don't think anyone here can say 100% yes that will work as verizon seems confused as all hell these days but it is worth a try and logically it makes sense to me.