Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 15 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    4.0.3 Codename 1.5.0

Default Galaxy Nexus $199

Called Verizon Customer service about the 3G -> 4G $100 off offer and I was eligible. She noted it in my account and the offer ends the 31th. So Now I can get the Galaxy Nexus for $199.

CH4GE is the promo code I gave her.
    Thanked by 10:
    kajii, Wicket, lefty55 and 4 others like this.

ROM

Default Re: Galaxy Nexus $199

?? Family plan, perhaps?

Heard something about this being only in the Chicagoland area.

You in that area?

And sadly I have a 4g device or I would be all over this.

Hrm. I don't suppose this could apply to a new Verizon customer too? Or I wonder if they have any incentive offers for people switching from AT&T ... I could do with something to sweeten the deal after this wait (and to help compensate for the loss of my rate discount with AT&T).
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    4.0.3 Codename 1.5.0

I'm in Buffalo NY and it worked for me about 10 min ago. Posted it right away for you all. Oh and I have 1 line that has a droid charge on it, the other (the one I"m upgrading to the Galaxy Nexus) has the Fascinate 3G phone. I also have the Xoom on 4G as well. So 3 lines, 2 w/ 4G and my 3rd still qualified for the $100.

I haven't gotten anything in the mail about this, and I was really hoping to. I missed out on a $50 Rezound for this phone, so I'd love to not pay $300 for it...
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

ROM
    4.0.3 Codename 1.5.0

I didn't get anything in the mail either... just call and try.

did you call a local store? what number did you call? I just posted on one of the other threads about my chat online abuot the discount. she said I may be eligible but couldn't tell me until I went thru the check out process.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

ROM
    4.0.3 Codename 1.5.0

The regular customer service number 1-800-922-0204 and I just hit 0 to speak to a rep.

I'm reading comments from article/blog sites that say that stores are only honoring this deal if you have the mailer in-hand at the time of the transaction...

Worst case is I get $50 off for my NE2. I'll keep checking my mail.

EDIT - Link added with more info/hearsay.

do you think this would work for an old LG flip phone on EVDO (not sure what data name it is)?

ROM

Aw, man. And I just threw away a slick that was from VZW (they're usually trying to sell me a Droid, so didn't really look at it).

Guess I'm "dumpster diving" my trash can when I get home, lol... Hey, it's $100 - I might get lucky, never know...

Quote Originally Posted by sdsubball23 View Post
    do you think this would work for an old LG flip phone on EVDO (not sure what data name it is)?
    It should, since you are upgrading to a 4G phone from a non-4G phone (3G and under).

Too bad you can't stack this on top of the Living social discount. (just read the fine print)

I live in the middle Tennessee area, and I was just told by Verizon customer service that I am eligible for this. I asked if this would work if I went to the store...and he said yes. I asked if this combined with my $50 NE2/Loyalty credit....and it does. He said I would get $150 off when I upgrade to a 4G phone.

I am in GA but dont have 4g service here yet, wonder if it will work for me?

Global Posts
    2,956 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by captaincaveman View Post
    I live in the middle Tennessee area, and I was just told by Verizon customer service that I am eligible for this. I asked if this would work if I went to the store...and he said yes. I asked if this combined with my $50 NE2/Loyalty credit....and it does. He said I would get $150 off when I upgrade to a 4G phone.
    Sweet I'll end up getting a Nexus for ~$100 if I qualify then! That would make it worth the wait. I've still got $50 NE2, $50 loyalty, and then this $100 deal. In fact I think my NE2 was the last of the $100 ones.....an humm.....gotta call.
    The Storm has cleared to an Incredible day! I ate an IceCream Sandwhich. Still needed JellyBeans. ;-)
    NEXUS!!!!!!

Well....I just went to the Verizon website, to verify what the customer service guy told me, and threw a Rezound in my shopping cart. When it got to the point of entering a promo code....it didn't work. I'm still seeing it as $249. ($50 loyalty figured in)

Maybe I have to buy it over the phone or at the store then?

Talking to this dumbass rep over the phone right now and he's saying that the $100 discount is coming from indirect retailers. I don't qualify, apparently.

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by captaincaveman View Post
    Maybe I have to buy it over the phone or at the store then?
    Like someone mentioned, it's probably a targeted promo. You probably don't qualify, whatever the criteria is.

ROM
    CM7 92611Ntly / CM 7.0.3

Quote Originally Posted by DaPoets View Post
    The regular customer service number 1-800-922-0204 and I just hit 0 to speak to a rep.
    I'm in Oregon I called and asked, had to provide the promo code you mentioned then hold quite awhile but she came back and said since I am eligible for an upgrade I will also be eligible for the 3G to 4G $100 discount. Thank you!!

We only have 3G in our area by the way so that doesn't affect their promos for 4G

Quote Originally Posted by JoeUserTX View Post
    Like someone mentioned, it's probably a targeted promo. You probably don't qualify, whatever the criteria is.
    Quote Originally Posted by captaincaveman

Doesn't work online for me coming from a Droid X->4g phone MA area.

ROM

Exqueeze me, like captaincaveman mentioned... lol

Question:

The Primary Line is eligible for an upgrade, and currently it is using a non-3G or 4G phone (LG env3). I would use the upgrade to get the G-Nex while also using the promo to get the $100 off (thereby purchasing the g-nex for $199). However, my next step would be to switch the G-nex to another line (my line) and activate the ENV3 to the primary line, and get rid of the $30 data plan. Would this offer still work? I'm guessing no, but i'm not sure. anyone with some clarification? thanks!
Page 1 of 15 1234 ... LastLast