Verizon has to much control

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Verizon has to much control for this device. I mean they couldn't let us have this one phone. They have all the other phones to control. How come apple can say what goes on. The iphone doesn't have any bloat,the updates come from apple no carrier testing.

Sprint allowed the nexus to stay pure. When sprint gets galaxy nexus, I might try to switch. I'm tired of Verizon taking over all these phones. I learned from droidlife that Verizon will be testing updates and we all know how slow that can be. So the updates will come from google but Verizon will take there sweet time testing. They could even block updates. This has pissed me off to no end. So is Sprint any better? I want a pure nexus.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Verizon has to much control for this device. I mean they couldn't let us have this one phone. They have all the other phones to control. How come apple can say what goes on. The iphone doesn't have any bloat,the updates come from apple no carrier testing.

Sprint allowed the nexus to stay pure. When sprint gets galaxy nexus, I might try to switch. I'm tired of Verizon taking over all these phones. I learned from droidlife that Verizon will be testing updates and we all know how slow that can be. So the updates will come from google but Verizon will take there sweet time testing. They could even block updates. This has pissed me off to no end. So is Sprint any better? I want a pure nexus.

Because a "disappointment" of a phone sells 4 million the first weekend that is why.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Barring the whole "they told us by the end of the year rant", do you really believe they wouldn't release it quicker just to spite you? Do you honestly believe Verizon doesn't have feedback to Apple before updates roll out on their network? I would imagine that iOS gets checked out by someone at, at least, AT&T and Verizon before stuff starts rolling out. Either that or someone with Apple has been 'certified' as a Verizon tester in company. Testing happens, these things don't go out totally blind. At this point the phone makers need the companies worse than the companies need the makers. They are the ones who sell devices at a price point the majority are more willing to pay. The carrier has the final say, I mean would you want your neighbor using your WiFi for any purpose they wanted without you checking out why they need it? Or if they would end up slowing your network down, breaking something, whatever.

If you're sick of Verizon 'taking over all these phone' you do realize you have other choices in carriers? Yeah you can argue, oh that other companies service sucks here, or whatever but YOU chose to be on Verizon's network and play by their rules. Nobody is forcing Verizon on you.

For you I think Sprint would be better, I'd swap if I felt the way you do. You realize what the beauty of a developer phone is right? Doesn't seem like you fully grasp what a Nexus can do. I would suggest reading the link that JoeUserTX posted as well.

All these upset users pissed about a phone that has never had a date announced. I want one very bad, but dang guys, really???

anon(512898)

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
The iphone doesn't have any bloat,the updates come from apple no carrier testing.
I guarantee you, the iphone still needs its updates tested from verizon, you just don't see the delays since their process is much more opaque then google's, no one gets it and it is not even announced until it is ready to go for all channels.

Reactions: ejaymd11

tk-093

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I guarantee you, the iphone still needs its updates tested from verizon, you just don't see the delays since their process is much more opaque then google's, no one gets it and it is not even announced until it is ready to go for all channels.

I'm not so sure... iOS updates seem to get released at the same time across all cellular carriers. They might get a heads up that it is coming, but I'm not sure they have the ability to block an update. They had to sign their soul away for that phone...

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Apple controls it all. Apple test there updates. Sometimes they release multiple updates a month. Verizon has no say in what apple does with there phone. They didn't have back up assistant preloaded or my Verizon. So I know it can be done.

I know the iphone sells millions and thats why verizon lets them have control. @ Qazme didn't you read my question, I know I have a choice of what carrier I have. Thats why I was asking about Sprint. I don't want to have to root just to make it the perfect phone. I want this phone like the rest of you. I'm just sick of verizon being verizon. Is Sprint any better?

tlincoln

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site

Hmmmmm!! It's their Network, their Customer Support Centers and their responsibility to provide a service to make a profit!! Yes, they should test it!!! Trust but Verify!!

bboykin87

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I just recently jumped from Sprint to Verizon... You will be thoroughly pissed at sprint's service. I knew it was bad, but I didn't realize how bad until I switched. My 3g speeds on Verizon are about what I would get from sprint's 4g.

I have a stronger signal almost everywhere... I have not regretted leaving sprint for one second. Obviously YMMV depending on how sprint's service is in your area, but I don't miss sprint one bit. What good is unlimited data if it takes you forever to get it?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Fyi vzw had to install towers at apple HQ and has technicians inside apple to test the phones. Also there is just one iPhone it has all the radios in it. And just one model not different manufacturers that have different requirements

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I just recently jumped from Sprint to Verizon... You will be thoroughly pissed at sprint's service. I knew it was bad, but I didn't realize how bad until I switched. My 3g speeds on Verizon are about what I would get from sprint's 4g.

I have a stronger signal almost everywhere... I have not regretted leaving sprint for one second. Obviously YMMV depending on how sprint's service is in your area, but I don't miss sprint one bit. What good is unlimited data if it takes you forever to get it?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I can second this. Wimax used to be fast, but now it seems to be bogged down due to lack of back end upgrades. Lte has been out for a while now and hasn't slowed on bit for me.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Apple controls it all. Apple test there updates. Sometimes they release multiple updates a month. Verizon has no say in what apple does with there phone. They didn't have back up assistant preloaded or my Verizon. So I know it can be done.

I know the iphone sells millions and thats why verizon lets them have control. @ Qazme didn't you read my question, I know I have a choice of what carrier I have. Thats why I was asking about Sprint. I don't want to have to root just to make it the perfect phone. I want this phone like the rest of you. I'm just sick of verizon being verizon. Is Sprint any better?

Apple tests their updates and so does Verizon. Apple also has carrier technicians on site. If Verizon saw a show-stopping bug, they would certainly tell Apple to fix it or it wouldn't be released.

We already know that Verizon is going to approve updates for the Nexus very quickly; they've already done so with updates for test devices. And here's the great part: unless an update includes new radio software, Verizon won't NEED to have a say because the only thing they care about is how the device works on the network.

Frankly, this thread isn't necessary. This has all been discussed and debunked before.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Here is a simple solution for your problem with VZW. Don't use them. By a GN from overseas and use one of the other carriers.