Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    trigun123478's Avatar

    Posts
    408 Posts
    ROM
    Stock rooted 4.04 IMM76K

    Default Verizon has to much control

    Verizon has to much control for this device. I mean they couldn't let us have this one phone. They have all the other phones to control. How come apple can say what goes on. The iphone doesn't have any bloat,the updates come from apple no carrier testing.

    Sprint allowed the nexus to stay pure. When sprint gets galaxy nexus, I might try to switch. I'm tired of Verizon taking over all these phones. I learned from droidlife that Verizon will be testing updates and we all know how slow that can be. So the updates will come from google but Verizon will take there sweet time testing. They could even block updates. This has pissed me off to no end. So is Sprint any better? I want a pure nexus.
  2. #2  
    JoeUserTX's Avatar

    Posts
    373 Posts
    ROM
    4.0.2

    Default Re: Verizon has to much control

    Don't get your knickers in a twist. Calm down, and read this. You'll feel better, I promise:

    Editorial: Is the Verizon Galaxy Nexus really a Nexus? You betcha
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Verizon has to much control

    Quote Originally Posted by trigun123478 View Post
    Verizon has to much control for this device. I mean they couldn't let us have this one phone. They have all the other phones to control. How come apple can say what goes on. The iphone doesn't have any bloat,the updates come from apple no carrier testing.

    Sprint allowed the nexus to stay pure. When sprint gets galaxy nexus, I might try to switch. I'm tired of Verizon taking over all these phones. I learned from droidlife that Verizon will be testing updates and we all know how slow that can be. So the updates will come from google but Verizon will take there sweet time testing. They could even block updates. This has pissed me off to no end. So is Sprint any better? I want a pure nexus.
    Because a "disappointment" of a phone sells 4 million the first weekend that is why.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Verizon has to much control

    They got a thread for that!
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Verizon has to much control

    Quote Originally Posted by Premium1 View Post
    Because a "disappointment" of a phone sells 4 million the first weekend that is why.
    Time will tell on that one...
    Galaxy Note 3 & Nexus 7 (16 GB)

    If I helped you or you like what I said, hit "Thanks" or "Like".
  6. #6  
    Qazme's Avatar

    Posts
    2,819 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,956 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1

    Default Re: Verizon has to much control

    Barring the whole "they told us by the end of the year rant", do you really believe they wouldn't release it quicker just to spite you? Do you honestly believe Verizon doesn't have feedback to Apple before updates roll out on their network? I would imagine that iOS gets checked out by someone at, at least, AT&T and Verizon before stuff starts rolling out. Either that or someone with Apple has been 'certified' as a Verizon tester in company. Testing happens, these things don't go out totally blind. At this point the phone makers need the companies worse than the companies need the makers. They are the ones who sell devices at a price point the majority are more willing to pay. The carrier has the final say, I mean would you want your neighbor using your WiFi for any purpose they wanted without you checking out why they need it? Or if they would end up slowing your network down, breaking something, whatever.

    If you're sick of Verizon 'taking over all these phone' you do realize you have other choices in carriers? Yeah you can argue, oh that other companies service sucks here, or whatever but YOU chose to be on Verizon's network and play by their rules. Nobody is forcing Verizon on you.

    For you I think Sprint would be better, I'd swap if I felt the way you do. You realize what the beauty of a developer phone is right? Doesn't seem like you fully grasp what a Nexus can do. I would suggest reading the link that JoeUserTX posted as well.

    All these upset users pissed about a phone that has never had a date announced. I want one very bad, but dang guys, really???
    The Storm has cleared to an Incredible day! I ate an IceCream Sandwhich. Still needed JellyBeans. ;-)
    NEXUS!!!!!!
    Thanked by 4:
    Josh515 likes this.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Verizon has to much control

    Of course they have control it's their network! NO different than any other retailer.
  8. #8  
    jamesbrown33's Avatar

    Posts
    266 Posts
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

    Default Re: Verizon has to much control

    Quote Originally Posted by trigun123478 View Post
    The iphone doesn't have any bloat,the updates come from apple no carrier testing.
    I guarantee you, the iphone still needs its updates tested from verizon, you just don't see the delays since their process is much more opaque then google's, no one gets it and it is not even announced until it is ready to go for all channels.
    Thanked by:
    cerob likes this.
  9. #9  
    tk-093's Avatar

    Posts
    174 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,773 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Verizon has to much control

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesbrown33 View Post
    I guarantee you, the iphone still needs its updates tested from verizon, you just don't see the delays since their process is much more opaque then google's, no one gets it and it is not even announced until it is ready to go for all channels.
    I'm not so sure... iOS updates seem to get released at the same time across all cellular carriers. They might get a heads up that it is coming, but I'm not sure they have the ability to block an update. They had to sign their soul away for that phone...
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  
    trigun123478's Avatar

    Posts
    408 Posts
    ROM
    Stock rooted 4.04 IMM76K

    Default Re: Verizon has to much control

    Apple controls it all. Apple test there updates. Sometimes they release multiple updates a month. Verizon has no say in what apple does with there phone. They didn't have back up assistant preloaded or my Verizon. So I know it can be done.

    I know the iphone sells millions and thats why verizon lets them have control. @ Qazme didn't you read my question, I know I have a choice of what carrier I have. Thats why I was asking about Sprint. I don't want to have to root just to make it the perfect phone. I want this phone like the rest of you. I'm just sick of verizon being verizon. Is Sprint any better?
  11. #11  
    blackjaguar25's Avatar
    Thunderbolter

    Posts
    595 Posts
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

    Default

    *too

    Sent from my Liquid Smooth T-Bolt
    the901 likes this.
  12. #12  
    tlincoln's Avatar

    Posts
    62 Posts
    Global Posts
    372 Global Posts

    Default Re: Verizon has to much control

    Quote Originally Posted by trigun123478 View Post
    Verizon has to much control for this device. I mean they couldn't let us have this one phone. They have all the other phones to control. How come apple can say what goes on. The iphone doesn't have any bloat,the updates come from apple no carrier testing.

    Sprint allowed the nexus to stay pure. When sprint gets galaxy nexus, I might try to switch. I'm tired of Verizon taking over all these phones. I learned from droidlife that Verizon will be testing updates and we all know how slow that can be. So the updates will come from google but Verizon will take there sweet time testing. They could even block updates. This has pissed me off to no end. So is Sprint any better? I want a pure nexus.
    Hmmmmm!! It's their Network, their Customer Support Centers and their responsibility to provide a service to make a profit!! Yes, they should test it!!! Trust but Verify!!
  13. #13  
    bboykin87's Avatar

    Posts
    274 Posts
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    ROM
    MMuzzy 4.2

    Default

    I just recently jumped from Sprint to Verizon... You will be thoroughly pissed at sprint's service. I knew it was bad, but I didn't realize how bad until I switched. My 3g speeds on Verizon are about what I would get from sprint's 4g.

    I have a stronger signal almost everywhere... I have not regretted leaving sprint for one second. Obviously YMMV depending on how sprint's service is in your area, but I don't miss sprint one bit. What good is unlimited data if it takes you forever to get it?

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Verizon has to much control

    Quote Originally Posted by blackjaguar25 View Post
    *too

    Sent from my Liquid Smooth T-Bolt
    Me too.
  15. #15  
    moosc's Avatar
    Grand Master Moosc

    Posts
    3,537 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,611 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

    Default

    Fyi vzw had to install towers at apple HQ and has technicians inside apple to test the phones. Also there is just one iPhone it has all the radios in it. And just one model not different manufacturers that have different requirements

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...
  16. #16  
    Andrew Ruffolo's Avatar

    Posts
    3,808 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bboykin87 View Post
    I just recently jumped from Sprint to Verizon... You will be thoroughly pissed at sprint's service. I knew it was bad, but I didn't realize how bad until I switched. My 3g speeds on Verizon are about what I would get from sprint's 4g.

    I have a stronger signal almost everywhere... I have not regretted leaving sprint for one second. Obviously YMMV depending on how sprint's service is in your area, but I don't miss sprint one bit. What good is unlimited data if it takes you forever to get it?

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    I can second this. Wimax used to be fast, but now it seems to be bogged down due to lack of back end upgrades. Lte has been out for a while now and hasn't slowed on bit for me.
  17. #17  
    isdaako's Avatar

    Posts
    308 Posts
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts

    Default Re: Verizon has to much control

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeUserTX View Post
    Don't get your knickers in a twist. Calm down, and read this. You'll feel better, I promise:

    Editorial: Is the Verizon Galaxy Nexus really a Nexus? You betcha
    What's a "knickers?"
  18. #18  
    the901's Avatar

    Posts
    25 Posts
    ROM
    AOKP / franco.Kernel

    Default Re: Verizon has to much control

    Quote Originally Posted by blackjaguar25 View Post
    *too

    Sent from my Liquid Smooth T-Bolt
  19. #19  
    Droid800's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    3,692 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Verizon has to much control

    Quote Originally Posted by trigun123478 View Post
    Apple controls it all. Apple test there updates. Sometimes they release multiple updates a month. Verizon has no say in what apple does with there phone. They didn't have back up assistant preloaded or my Verizon. So I know it can be done.

    I know the iphone sells millions and thats why verizon lets them have control. @ Qazme didn't you read my question, I know I have a choice of what carrier I have. Thats why I was asking about Sprint. I don't want to have to root just to make it the perfect phone. I want this phone like the rest of you. I'm just sick of verizon being verizon. Is Sprint any better?
    Apple tests their updates and so does Verizon. Apple also has carrier technicians on site. If Verizon saw a show-stopping bug, they would certainly tell Apple to fix it or it wouldn't be released.

    We already know that Verizon is going to approve updates for the Nexus very quickly; they've already done so with updates for test devices. And here's the great part: unless an update includes new radio software, Verizon won't NEED to have a say because the only thing they care about is how the device works on the network.

    Frankly, this thread isn't necessary. This has all been discussed and debunked before.
  20. #20  
    pauldroidr2d2's Avatar

    Posts
    2,609 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

    Default Re: Verizon has to much control

    Quote Originally Posted by trigun123478 View Post
    Verizon has to much control for this device. I mean they couldn't let us have this one phone. They have all the other phones to control. How come apple can say what goes on. The iphone doesn't have any bloat,the updates come from apple no carrier testing.

    Sprint allowed the nexus to stay pure. When sprint gets galaxy nexus, I might try to switch. I'm tired of Verizon taking over all these phones. I learned from droidlife that Verizon will be testing updates and we all know how slow that can be. So the updates will come from google but Verizon will take there sweet time testing. They could even block updates. This has pissed me off to no end. So is Sprint any better? I want a pure nexus.
    Here is a simple solution for your problem with VZW. Don't use them. By a GN from overseas and use one of the other carriers.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  
    trigun123478's Avatar

    Posts
    408 Posts
    ROM
    Stock rooted 4.04 IMM76K

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Droid800 View Post
    Apple tests their updates and so does Verizon. Apple also has carrier technicians on site. If Verizon saw a show-stopping bug, they would certainly tell Apple to fix it or it wouldn't be released.

    We already know that Verizon is going to approve updates for the Nexus very quickly; they've already done so with updates for test devices. And here's the great part: unless an update includes new radio software, Verizon won't NEED to have a say because the only thing they care about is how the device works on the network.

    Frankly, this thread isn't necessary. This has all been discussed and debunked before.
    New word around is the updates will come from google. I just don't want Verizon sticking there hands in my nexus pie. Lol
  22. #22  
    pauldroidr2d2's Avatar

    Posts
    2,609 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trigun123478 View Post
    New word around is the updates will come from google. I just don't want Verizon sticking there hands in my nexus pie. Lol
    That is unavoidable since it is a Verizon phone.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2, Verizon Galaxy S4, or N7, or MacBook Air
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Verizon has to much control

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesbrown33 View Post
    I guarantee you, the iphone still needs its updates tested from verizon, you just don't see the delays since their process is much more opaque then google's, no one gets it and it is not even announced until it is ready to go for all channels.
    EVERY update has to go through Verizon before any kind of distribution over their network or out to a device could occur.
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Verizon has to much control

    Quote Originally Posted by trigun123478 View Post
    Verizon has to too much control for this device...
    Quote Originally Posted by trigun123478 View Post
    Apple controls it all. Apple test there their updates...
    Quote Originally Posted by trigun123478 View Post
    New word around is the updates will come from google. I just don't want Verizon sticking there their hands in my nexus pie. Lol
    Sorry, I just couldn't help myself. Carry on.
  25. #25  
    pauldroidr2d2's Avatar

    Posts
    2,609 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

    Default Re: Verizon has to much control

    Quote Originally Posted by isdaako View Post
    What's a "knickers?"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions