Galaxy Nexus Screenshots: Share Them Here!

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
real basic. and clearly won't last more than 1 day. but i digress

png-4.png

axiom monolith b1, no wallpaper, fresh n clean icons, nova launcher.

stacman.nexus

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Fresh N Clean Icon Set by ~kgill77 on deviantART

I use nova. most 3rd party launchers can change your icon.

Long press the icon, select edit, then tap the picture of the current icon - it will allow you to search for whatever you want the icon to be.

I did not know that, thank you.

So you can go and get any icon paclk and select from that? I ran across a really nice selection the other night, so now I have to go find them again. Is there a more convenient way to batch change icons?

Now I see why you're an advisor. ;) I learn new things from you and dmmarck every day.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Stacman I believe there's an app to do a batch change, but I could be wrong. Personally, I like downloading icon packs and cherry picking the good ones. Apex and Nova are both great for that.

Also, check out an app called Simple Text. I make my own text icons with that.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Ah, so that's what you used for the text icons in the screenshot in your "How To" post...

Precisely. The navigation bar/soft keys were done using ZipThemer. The icons though (call apps gmail text surf) were done with Simple Text. I downloaded a Roboto font pack, unzipped it, and put it into a Custom Fonts folder.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I did not know that, thank you.

So you can go and get any icon paclk and select from that? I ran across a really nice selection the other night, so now I have to go find them again. Is there a more convenient way to batch change icons?

Now I see why you're an advisor. ;) I learn new things from you and dmmarck every day.

Thank you.

Yeah with icons usually you can just download the icon pack, unzip it, put it on your sd card and change out the icons manually.

Faster ways are: sometimes icons come backed into themes you flash in recovery like normal, and other times people use zipthemer or metamorph apps to essentially switch out files.

If you're interested in the quickest change of icons, you should give this a read:
https://sites.google.com/site/zipthemer/user-manual

Probably the easiest way to do it if you plan to change them often.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781