Will we even have to stress about getting a unit?

llasch

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone think we will have to worry about actually buying a Nexus tomorrow given the hush-hush release? I mean lets face we're a very small community of consumers that are overachieving on the new phone frontier. Whats more is that all of us geeks are dispersed about the country so we should get ours no problem I would assume.

I guess we just need to worry (aside from it actually launching) about our perferred stores stock, and most will have plenty of options of locations. Imagine if we were all in one city with a handful of stores to choose from....they'd better have ambulances on standby lol

chenalex

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I was at Costco in Culver City the other day and I asked, "any news on Galaxy Nexus?" and the rep was like "NO. We do not have it yet, and we DON'T know when it'l be on sale." I walked away going jeez. I think they have been getting a lot of questions about it and it's stressing them out hahah

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I don't think we will have to worry. With many of the reps being as tight lipped as they are and no big PR and what not most non tech geeks and people who do not visit sites like this will not know it is available right away.

bphelminski

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I also don't think it will be a problem to get one. When I called one of the corporate stores near me this morning, I asked about making an appointment tomorrow (after they said they had the phone and would sell it tomorrow if Verizon releases it), and the rep said that I don't need an appointment and should just come in. I take that to mean that they aren't anticipating a huge crowd and should have plenty of phones.

llasch

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I don't think we will have to worry. With many of the reps being as tight lipped as they are and no big PR and what not most non tech geeks and people who do not visit sites like this will not know it is available right away.

Exactly my thinking. This is the next valid question/topic of worry, assuming its launched tomorrow, is will I/we actually get our hands on one?. Plus I'm sure if we go to one VZW store and they for some reason do not have it they more than likely could either do an inventory search or at least find out by calling other locations in case other locations have a more bountiful stock.

gnipeh

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I am hoping we don't need to worry. I'm sure many people know about this phone by now (there are some news stories made about the specs of this phone, the insane delays of this phone), but only people who spent vast amount of time on forums like this would go to stores *tomorrow* and check it out.

However, it also depends on how many phones are in each store. If Google/Samsung/Verizon wants to deliberately produce a hot scene like those arrogant Cupertino folks and artificially creates a shortage, we can do nothing about it either.

zero.

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
worry about what? delays? LOL!

is anyone actually worried that the 'partners' would run out of Nexii, having decided the goods and services they have for sale are just not worth the effort?

jokes aside, is there something I'm missing aside from some seriously over-the-top impatience?

Laramie

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I'd think it would depend on the area you live but the places I've been who were decent enough to actually acknowledge that the phone exists, told me they have "plenty" of stock on hand.

dcusick1

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I called a local wholesale store, that has an authorized Verizon in there. I called around 12:00 PM EST. They confirmed availability. I asked if they were getting calls about this, and he said that he received over 11 calls since he got there at 11. Of course my follow up, was do you have a lot of inventory. He suggested I get there at 10:00 AM, when they open. There are plenty of other Verizon's in my area, so I am hoping I can find one with stock when I have my lunch break.