Quick question about Verizon before I purchase my GN...

geneticfusion

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
So I had service earlier this year with the Tbolt, but I returned it and cancelled service because of money issues and my mom got sent to the hospital due to her neck, money was tight and hospital bills were horrible. It was the 14th day I had it and they wouldn't let me return it even though it was in the return period. We got into a big ordeal and the BBB got involved. Someone from Customer Relations called me, apologized for everything that happened when I called to Customer Service and went to the store. Refunded me the price of the phone plus my bill due to the inconvenience.

I want the GNex like bad, and I'm planning on purchasing it tomorrow. Question is, am I able to reactivate the service?

Note: I had to pay a deposit, but I never got that back, would I have to pay a deposit again?

geneticfusion

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
It's won't create financial hardship NOW, it just did back when my mom couldn't do anything and I had to stay with her.

and thank you about the 90 day thing.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
You shouldn't have to leave another deposit unless you got it refunded but it wouldn't surprise me if they tried to charge you again for the deposit. Bring proof you paid the deposit.

xrussx

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
More than likely they will just set you up as a new customer but you will have to wait and see what Verizon says. Good luck!

geneticfusion

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I just got the price of the Tbolt back on the check. But even though it was cancelled and been 90 days, do you think I'd still have to pay it? Now all I have to do is find my Verizon receipt from way back when.

and I don't mind paying the deposit, but I have to get it from Best Buy....gift cards and whatnot.

geneticfusion

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I dunno, because it's either that or importing the Nexus...and yeah. I'll see what Verizon says tomorrow, I'll call in, I'm sure they have my old account on File.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
How much was your deposit? I knew someone who was asked to pay one and it was $300. I can't imagine paying that twice!!!

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I already opened another line. They use that upgrade for the nexus but leave the dumbphone alone and activate the nexus on my line. Its easy people do it a lot.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
The deposit is usually to guarantee that you will keep phone service for a said amount. For example: Sprint charged my dad a deposit of $100, which he was promised he would get back after a full year of service. After a full year, my dad got his $100 back. It assures the phone service that you will stay with them.

However, thats my personal experience on the matter, yours may be different since you returned within the 14 period. But take it for what its worth

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
no i believe the way the deposit works is if your not late on your bill for one year you get it back. canceling the service in the 14 day window has no bearing on you receiveing your deposit back . as long as you dont owe verizone money they have no right to your deposit .

geneticfusion

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I don't, she said she credited my bill back due to the inconvenience of no one accepting my return and sent me a check for the price of the phone. Never got a deposit back.