Online vs. In-Store Pricing?

lockerc18

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Are there any advantages to ordering this online instead of going to a store? I know if you go to a store, you have the phone right away. But there used to be discounts, like NE2, which were applied directly to the purchase if you bought online. Going into a store got you a gift card for that amount, which stinks.

I've tried to see if any discounts apply on the VZW site, but I didn't see any, even for a phone witch I thought was eligible for NE2. Does that even exist any more?

Thanks.

Blitzdroid

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
There are no advantages for ordering online. As you mentioned, there used to be discounts but not anymore. Verizon usually lets you preorder online and get the phone 1-2 days before it comes out. For the Nexus, there is absolutely no advantage for ordering online.

sushiglobster

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
There are no advantages for ordering online. As you mentioned, there used to be discounts but not anymore. Verizon usually lets you preorder online and get the phone 1-2 days before it comes out. For the Nexus, there is absolutely no advantage for ordering online.

It depends on who you are.

I saved 100 bux ordering online and I don't have to drive anywhere. Because I'm lazy. And it's cold.

BKVic

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I ordered online simply because the local store just looked at me when I asked if signing a new contract would effect the $20 access fee and unlimited data plan that I signed up for last year and Im grandfathered into. There is no way I'm doing anything to effect that as it saves me $100 per month on our five lines. Id pay full retail for my Nexus if it did.

BKVic

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
not having to deal with a douchey salesman is an advantage.

opening your nexus and devirginizing it yourself is another.

oresteez

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
In the past, the phones always show up $50 dollars cheaper for me online, vs in the store.
Like today...it says its $249 online for me.. and that's not including the $50 New every 2..

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
In the past, the phones always show up $50 dollars cheaper for me online, vs in the store.
Like today...it says its $249 online for me.. and that's not including the $50 New every 2..

Someday I hope someone will explain to me Verizon's weird pricing practices and how they select who to give these deals to. $50 ain't chump change...

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah price wise, there doesn't seem much of an advantage.

Not having to deal with CSRs or have anxiety over stock shortages since I wouldn't be able to make it to a Verizon store till the end of the day is an advantage for me.

+1 for laziness and convenience at the cost of a little patience.

Lakhota

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Maybe Im misinterpreting what you said, but I just got my phone with a $145 discount from LetsTalk so there's still discounts to be had ordering online. You'll have to wait until Monday to get the phone, but for 140 bucks its worth it.

MasterRattler

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Well I was going in the store until I looked online and the ph was $50.00 cheaper...$249.99 and all the accesories were cheaper also...and like others..I like setting it up myself. so I will have to wait a day or two now...

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
i order online because i work all day and dont feel like going in to the store and hate other people handling ym device especially a new one when they are trying to figure out how to open the battery and such makes me cringe. so i order it ships to my office i have it to play with all weekend :D

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
just got my tracking number ! :)

looks like im all set to show off my phone tomorrow.. I missed showing it off @ turkey day.. but big xmas party tomorrow