Anyone unimpressed with the screen?

Poopai

Banned
Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I just got my Nexus and I now understand why people hate pentile. The Nexus seems more pixelated than my OG Droid, so I can't imagine what the pentile must have been like on a lower resolution screen. And it's especially noticeable with whites.

Last edited:

Wireless Vet

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I just got my Nexus and I now understand why people hate pentile. The Nexus seems more pixelated than my OG Droid, so I can't imagine what the pentile must have been like on a lower resolution screen.And it's especially noticeable with whites.

Come on now, it's the greatest phone ever, and you HAD to have it!

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I would imagine everyone's eye may pick it up a bit different. My eyes are not too particularly sensitive to pentile, and this one is supposed to be better. Should know here in about an hour when my local store's UPS man runs!

sushiglobster

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
I just got my Nexus and I now understand why people hate pentile. The Nexus seems more pixelated than my OG Droid, so I can't imagine what the pentile must have been like on a lower resolution screen. And it's especially noticeable with whites.

I say, don't dwell on it. We knew this whole time it was Pentile and at least it's the better version. I think if you start dwelling on it, you will begin developing a complex about it.

mechapathy

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm impressed. Very, very impressed. Two hours in, and I'm loving it. Can't put it down. Well, I did put it down to unlock the bootloader. But after that. . .

armedtank

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
screen looks fine to me, but then again I'm not looking for any pixelation. It's a phone, I'll use it for 1 maybe 2 years then on to the next one

mclardass

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Mine looked good out of the box but once I increased the brightness to roughly 75% (at the expense of battery life) it really popped for me. I'm pretty picky about my video/audio quality and have no complaints with this screen (after two hours, mileage may vary after a few weeks of staring at it)

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
i just played with a G-Nex out at the Verizon store. it was very nice, well built, and incredibly thin. however, i wasn't blown away by it. the screen was nice but it didn't really blow away my EVO the way i thought it would. and my EVO screen seemed to be a tad bit wider (but obviously a tad shorter too). also, ICS didn't blow me away either in terms of interface.

the G-Nex was really nice and i will probably get one if/when it comes to Sprint - but after playing with it - my feelings of needing to rush out and get it are gone. i can wait.

oresteez

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Is it at least better than the Bionic/X2?
I really noticed the pentile/pixelation on the Bionic screen.

If its an improvement from there, then I'll be satisfied.

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Those that are seeing pixelation may just influenced by the knowledge that it is pentile. But this is not the same pentile as the Moto phones, and the pixel density gurus are saying that you should not be seeing anything more than on an iPhone retina display, it is that good. I played with it last night at my corporate store (they are not yet open here on the west coast for me to get mine) and I TRIED to see a problem but couldn't. I have been using the Rezound, which is an AWESOME screen and I am not worried at all about switching.

anon(417365)

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Yes, the pentile-ness is visible if you look very closely, but it's a MUCH less annoying look than the Bionic, or other pentiles that I've seen. This sort of thing usually drives me nuts, but so far I think I won't mind it. Sure I'd prefer a full RGB pixel setup, but this screen still looks great to me!