Apps that don't work

soccerfon711

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Another app that I cannot get working: Tiny Tower. Worked on my tbolt (albeit a bit slowly).

Edit: Just got an update and it seems to be working great now!

Last edited:

JakeChance

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I think everyone (including peeps on the Swype forums) is getting the screen size issue. People have mentioned that kanging Swype from other devices works, you just get one that doesn't fit your screen perfectly. I'm happy with one that just about fits so I'm going to look into this.

D1andOnlyOmen

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't seem like the Groupon app is ready for ICS/Nexus yet either. Won't even show up in the market on the phone for me, when I went online it still shows as "installed" but when I click on that it's still showing on my Bionic and the Nexus is listed but says not supported.

Anyone know of any way to remove old phones from your market deal?? I had two different Bionics and they're both still showing. Would like to just see my current device....

hyperdude

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Honestly I'm doing just fine without Swype on mine. It was really useful on my OG Droid, what with the small screen and all, but on the Nexus the stock keyboard works great for me.

I noticed that in SetCPU when you go to the 3rd tab (Advanced ?) it force closes. Other than that I don't think I've had any issues so far

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
So does SwiftKey do basically the same as Swype? Sorry, I won't go back to one key being pecked at a time. Like going from color to B&W TV.

hyperdude

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
So does SwiftKey do basically the same as Swype? Sorry, I won't go back to one key being pecked at a time. Like going from color to B&W TV.
SwiftKey is a regular keyboard that's REALLY good at predicting what you're going to type. You let it read your Facebook posts, emails, etc. and it learns how you talk. It's really convenient on my Xoom

Hosehead

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Titanium Backup is not working...

It opens, finds all of the files after it syncs from DropBox...

But nothing restores. I have tried single apps, app only, with data, batch, etc. and nothing happens. Guess I am going to rebuild this one app at a time...grumble.

JakeChance

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
I use FlexT9 for my keyboard input. works as good as swype. I hope it work on my Nexus. Anybody try it?

FlexT9 works but it's really just not as good as Swype (this coming from a long time Swype user so it's probably 99% opinion).
Anyway, I found that you can kang a Swype install from any phone and it will work on the nexus. You'll probably want to find one that's multi res or whatever is the higher from qHD or HD720. It will NOT take up the whole bottom of the screen so you'll have less of an area to swype on but it still works perfectly.

I have heard tablet versions of Swype are bigger and some will fit better or be just a hair too big for the nexus. I have yet to find an apk to try though.

bmoore0909

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I can't get USA Today to even come up in the market. (edit: Update: the desktop market says its incompatible with the Nexus)
And the Huffington Post app just closes as soon as I start to browse it.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site

To extend your analogy, when I moved from Swype to Swiftkey X it was like going from a color TV to a 52" LCD TV.

Seriously, Swiftkey X's predictions are so good that I can literally "tap a predicted word" much quicker than I could ever Swype one. It's especially good at remembering phrases that you have previously used. There are times when I only have to tap the first two letters of the first word of a sentence and the rest of the sentence is completed by tapping in the prediction area, never touching the letter keys.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie