Google Voice Issues

OME6A

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Picked up my VZW GN this morning and am having some issues with Google Voice that I want to see if anyone else is experiencing.

I can't send txt messages or retrieve/play VM messages. Anyone else?

EDIT:
Reboot resolved the issue. Please delete.

Last edited:

bmoore0909

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
issues here as well,

Unable to get google voice for ONLY voicemail setup here. i get a not supported error.

I got the same error with my Droid Charge when I first had it. There's a work-around by going to the voice.google webpage and activating it, then you change the voicemail settings manually in you settings on the phone.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
My works. I found out that once it's set up with a particular carrier (Verizon in this case) it stays set up. All I had to do was log in and choose which Google account I wanted to use. call-forwarding was already setup previously from when i set it up on my iphone.

It sort of works like I thought but, not exactly. It's VVM but, just like it's always been with google voice, not integrated in the way I thought it would be.

hyperdude

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
My works. I found out that once it's set up with a particular carrier (Verizon in this case) it stays set up. All I had to do was log in and choose which Google account I wanted to use. call-forwarding was already setup previously from when i set it up on my iphone.

It sort of works like I thought but, not exactly. It's VVM but, just like it's always been with google voice, not integrated in the way I thought it would be.
I think Google still needs to get the GV app updated to integrate with the VVM capabilities of ICS. I could be wrong though

eahinrichsen

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Text messages and outgoing calls work fine for me, but calls to my GV number don't ring my Nexus. On the other end, it just rings five times and goes to voicemail without my phone actually receiving a call.

I've uninstalled/reinstalled GV, removed the phone from GV using the website and then re-enabled it, both to no avail.

Any advice?