1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Photo quality and focus

What do people think of the photo quality on this? I stopped by the VZ store at lunch and played with the demo unit and it seemed just as hard or harder to get a sharp, well focused picture as on my old 3GS. The camera was much faster and more responsive, but it still resulted in most of my pictures coming out blurry and out of focus. I've played with the SGII and Skyrocket and they have great cameras, is it possible the settings weren't right on the demo unit or are other people noticing problems as well?

Default Re: Photo quality and focus

The zero lag is Awesome! I don't feel like im using a camera from the 1830s anymore. Ill take the zero lag shutter over a 8MP with 1830s lag anyday! If what you are taking a picture is moving, you still get blur. Pictures of non moving objects seem to focus fine.

Quote Originally Posted by dude9000 View Post
    The zero lag is Awesome! I don't feel like im using a camera from the 1830s anymore. Ill take the zero lag shutter over a 8MP with 1830s lag anyday! If what you are taking a picture is moving, you still get blur. Pictures of non moving objects seem to focus fine.
    This post is just funny to me
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

a lot of the newer phones autofocus when you click to take the photo it seems like the nexus doesn't or doesn't very well. I wonder if there's a way to turn on autofocus even if it increases shutter lag. A lot of things people take photos of are moving so having a camera that takes terrible pictures of those things seems like a bad idea. Anyway this is just my impression based on about 5 minutes playing with the phone. Interested in other opinions.

The phone seems awesome except for this, but a functional camera is a big deal for me. It doesn't have to be perfect, but it should at least be decent.

Im coming from the OG droid. So anything would seem better to me