Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree395Likes

Default Re: Pictures Taken With Your Galaxy Nexus!

Took some family pictures outside yesterday (won't post them for privacy issues) and they look pretty great.

I was set up for disappointment with this camera but it has been a pleasant surprise. The zero shutter lag feature really is a terrific feature and makes the camera tons of fun to use.

I may post a picture here later but just wanted to add my 2 cents that the camera is pretty solid and not a let down at all.

Quote Originally Posted by chevyguy8893 View Post
    Here's some shots I took earlier that I thought came out pretty well. It was the regular camera app set on auto and no flash for any shots. Even the nights shots didn't come out too bad. The camera did take some getting used to at first though.

Click to view quoted image
    That night shot looks great. I wish I had such luck.
    "I'm all jack'd up on Mountain Dew!"
    Thanked by:

Not sure if you guys saw the review in the link below. Take a look at the video about mid-page and notice there is almost no stutter, especially when he pans. Yet every other video I've seen from the Nexus, including mine, shows a lot of stutter. The video itself is very sharp, but the stutter is there and I can't figure out how the video in the review shows no stutter. It's about the only video I've seen from this camera that doesn't have it. Weird!

Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Verizon Wireless)

Quote Originally Posted by fabulas View Post
    My biggest gripe with the Nexus camera is that they market the zero shutter lag. This would be great if the focus could keep up. I get VERY fast shots.............that are out of focus! Any pointers here.
    Yes, focus first.

When I tap to focus first, I seem to get great pics, very reliably. When I don't tap to focus it's very hit and miss.

To those having focus issues:
    As a rule, just because you CAN take a pic with zero lag, doesn't mean you NEED TO or necessarily SHOULD. If you have the 1 second it takes to tap on the screen to select a focus point, then do that., wait until it locks in focus (green brackets appear and you hear the double beep), and I think you will be very pleased and will find your pictures focused much better and more reliably.
    Last edited by dsignori; 12-19-2011 at 10:03 AM.

Default Problems with night photos?

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced the problems with lighting like I have in this pic. Even on the "Night" setting, it still had the streaks. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ok took a few pictures over the weekend but I will try to group them instead of putting them all in one thread.

First in a outdoor shot in the morning and then one of the better pictures (I think) is the hot sauce in the store, the colors are perfect.

Some indoor pics at a restaurant. No flash on these pics and I think they are a little grainy but not bad.

jephanie likes this.

Here are two pics with some colorful bowls, one without flash and one with. I think the true color is somewhere in the middle of these 2 shots.

Lazy Sunday. I can't remember if I used the flash on the first pic, the 2nd with my wife's fat lazy cat I did use a flash. I took the cat picture after she did with her iPhone 4. We compared them side by side and besides the much larger screen on the GN we didn't see any difference at all.

Small fire, outside last night with no flash. These are 100 times better then with my old BB Storm 2 (which took really good pictures outside in good light).

jephanie likes this.
    kds

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Problems with night photos?

Quote Originally Posted by srmrgn View Post
    Just wondering if anyone else has experienced the problems with lighting like I have in this pic. Even on the "Night" setting, it still had the streaks. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I frequently have that problem on my Droid X. Just wipe the lens clean. You have to do it really well. I have to take my Otterbox Defender off my DX in order to clean it well enough to get rid of the streaks.

Default Re: Problems with night photos?

Thank you, kds. I will try that tonight and see if that helps.
    Droiderator

ROM
    Bugless Nexus

Quote Originally Posted by srmrgn View Post

Looks like blown highlights. Notice how they burst out of the bright light sources. This is due to the shutter staying open for a longer than needed time. The camera was focused on the people so it changes settings and they are darker than the light so when it took the pic it was making the couple brighter so any light source that's bright comes out looking like this sometimes.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

do any of you have any high-resolution pics from the Nexus?

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9

Here are a couple I have taken over the weekend.

Treo600>Treo 650>Treo 700>BB Pearl>BB Curve>BB Tour> DINC> Galaxy Nexus

some night photos with a very light dab of lightroom editing (red eye like a mother in low light with this cam)

Quote Originally Posted by tx_tuff View Post
    Ok took a few pictures over the weekend but I will try to group them instead of putting them all in one thread.

First in a outdoor shot in the morning and then one of the better pictures (I think) is the hot sauce in the store, the colors are perfect.

great shots. best picture quality i have seen in this entire thread.. everyone else must be using a different phone.
    Droid Razr Maxx Owner.

I'm curious if any of you are using anything other than the default camera app. I doubt it would change anything quality wise, but it'd be interesting to see.

What are peoples recommended settings on the camera? Pictures in bad lighting always turn out HORRID for me.

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sw33tooth View Post
    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Just browsing through this thread and saw this. Had to comment. I love the polar bear coke cans. Haha.

Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod

I was able to get some pretty good shots in good light. Focusing just seems to be the major issue for me. I'll do more testing today.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pictures Taken With Your Galaxy Nexus!-steering-wheel.jpg  

Global Posts
    1,461 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

For my pics, all I did was open the stock default camera and pressed the screen to capture a picture. I didnt use the focus or anything like that. Point and shoot

Anyone have a link to a thread or page where they have a bunch of panoramic pictures taken with the Gnex? I would like to see more of those.
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Android Revolution HD™ 2.1.2

I absolutely love the phone, but that camera is disappointing. It's almost maddening when you think that Samsung had the GS2 sensor just lying around. Seriously, was it too much to ask to use that one?

Prior to Android I was a WM fan (before WM 7). I've had the Fascinate and most recently the Droid Charge.

I almost didn't purchase the GN because of the camera reviews, but I love it, camera and all. I haven't taken too many yet, but so far they're good. Even pics of the TV and my pets come out clear.

I really like the pics posted above. Thanks so much for sharing!

MsGadget
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast