Pictures Taken With Your Galaxy Nexus!

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
OK I have an iPhone 4s that is currently active, and a Nexus sitting under my tree.... can I take pics from an NEVER-activated Nexus and upload them somehow? I would love to do some side-by-side comparisons!!

It's stored on the internal storage in the DCIM folder, just drag it off to your computer via USB.

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I have yet to take or see a nexus pic anything close to 4s quality let alone better.

To me the 4s takes pics that are over saturated in color, the nexus seems to have a better color reproduction but the pics don't pop like the 4s. Overall I'm content with this 5mp cam

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

chevyguy8893

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Here's some shots I took earlier that I thought came out pretty well. It was the regular camera app set on auto and no flash for any shots. Even the nights shots didn't come out too bad. The camera did take some getting used to at first though.

IMG_20111218_131909.jpg

IMG_20111218_123520.jpg

IMG_20111218_132250.jpg

IMG_20111218_181002.jpg

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Reactions: chevyguy8893

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
I took a ton of pictures at a racecar museum on 12/18. You can check them all out here.

https://picasaweb.google.com/115071343963809487647/SimeoneFoundationHistoricRacecarMuseum#

The photos look decent, I think. When you expand them to full size there is noticeable loss of sharpness. I think my Incredible did a better job with pictures overall, but these are still pretty good shots. I had the flash on for 80% of the shots which affected color. I usually didn't touch-focus, I just aimed and shot. With the zero-lag shutter it was a breeze. Instant upload FTW, btw.

IMG_20111218_145725.jpg

Here are some other shots from this morning. These came out pretty well.

IMG_20111219_075504.jpg

PANO_20111219_075713.jpg

I notice on my panoramas I always get jagged connection edges, no matter how steady I try to hold the camera. Does this happen to anyone else? You can see it in the above picture if you scan across the roof of my porch.

Last edited:

0pusX

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Ok Here are 4 pics. 2 similar pics, one taken with Nexus and one taken with iPhone 4s. These were taken without tinkering with any camera settings at all. Out of the box settings.

gntree.jpg

Christmas tree w/Nexus (auto flash DID activate)

iptree.jpg

Christmas tree w/iPhone 4s (auto flash did NOT activate)

gnrug.jpg

rug w/Nexus in indoor lighting

iprug.jpg

rug w/iPhone 4s in indoor lighting

This is just a sample. Both look good to me!

0pusX

May 27, 2010
Visit site
The biggest difference I notice is that the Nexus pictures seem to have a "yellowish" tint to them, while the white seems to dominate the iPhone 4s pics.

IN MY OPINION............ the Nexus pictures/colors look "truer" to what I actually see in my house.

0pusX

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Yeah the yellow tint I am talking about is accurate as the lights on the tree aren't as bright white as the iPhone 4s would lead you to believe. Even though I consider it a yellowish tint, it is accurate to real life color in here

Reactions: whiteshadow001

fabulas

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
My biggest gripe with the Nexus camera is that they market the zero shutter lag. This would be great if the focus could keep up. I get VERY fast shots.............that are out of focus! Any pointers here.

philosopherisdog

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Took some family pictures outside yesterday (won't post them for privacy issues) and they look pretty great.

I was set up for disappointment with this camera but it has been a pleasant surprise. The zero shutter lag feature really is a terrific feature and makes the camera tons of fun to use.

I may post a picture here later but just wanted to add my 2 cents that the camera is pretty solid and not a let down at all.

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if you guys saw the review in the link below. Take a look at the video about mid-page and notice there is almost no stutter, especially when he pans. Yet every other video I've seen from the Nexus, including mine, shows a lot of stutter. The video itself is very sharp, but the stutter is there and I can't figure out how the video in the review shows no stutter. It's about the only video I've seen from this camera that doesn't have it. Weird!

Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Verizon Wireless)

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
My biggest gripe with the Nexus camera is that they market the zero shutter lag. This would be great if the focus could keep up. I get VERY fast shots.............that are out of focus! Any pointers here.

Yes, focus first.

When I tap to focus first, I seem to get great pics, very reliably. When I don't tap to focus it's very hit and miss.

To those having focus issues:
As a rule, just because you CAN take a pic with zero lag, doesn't mean you NEED TO or necessarily SHOULD. If you have the 1 second it takes to tap on the screen to select a focus point, then do that., wait until it locks in focus (green brackets appear and you hear the double beep), and I think you will be very pleased and will find your pictures focused much better and more reliably.

Last edited:

srmrgn

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Problems with night photos?

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced the problems with lighting like I have in this pic. Even on the "Night" setting, it still had the streaks. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

IMG_20111217_220424%2B%25281%2529.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance