Page 1 of 22 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree395Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    1,688 Global Posts
    ROM
    GummyCharge 1.9.1

Default Pictures Taken With Your Galaxy Nexus!

Every forum has it... So let's see them!

Is the quality what you expected? Better? Worse?

Sound off below
    Telling a member to "search" is not the answer to a question.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName Android 1.5.5

Default Re: Pictures Taken With Your Galaxy Nexus!

quality is whats to be expected, but the camera app itself is pretty awesome. a panoramic i took today:

CRKhead and st0ic_1 like this.

VZW Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    AT&T Samsung Focus S
    iPad 3 WiFi
    VZW JetPack Mobile Hotspot
    dzyuba, zulu308 and GSAI like this.

Haven't gotten to do much with it, picked up phone and went to work.

Walked outside and took 2 more.

Vanilla Ice likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pictures Taken With Your Galaxy Nexus!-uploadfromtaptalk1324005934775.jpg  

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

More indoor shots please... read that outdoor photos or places with good lighting in general = good photon from GN. Poor lighting = slow focus, bad photo. Can someone confirm/deny?
    BB Storm 1 => Incredible => Galaxy Nexus

ROM
    OEM Unlock + Root

MOAR PICS!!!

ROM
    ICS/JB/iOS 5.1

wow! those look waaaaaay better than my thunderbolt ever did! I haven't gotten to play much but I'll take some pics tomorrow and post em

I haven't taken many yet, here's the first one I've taken :o I think its pretty decent so far.

Current: VZW Galaxy Nexus
    Previously: generic flip phones -> Samsung Alias u740 -> Blackberry Storm 1-> Droid X

ROM
    ICS/JB/iOS 5.1

Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_jax View Post
    I haven't taken many yet, here's the first one I've taken :o I think its pretty decent so far.

It's not there man, just giving you a heads up

ROM
    ICS/JB/iOS 5.1

My setup, I'll take a better pic tomorrow I was just about to sit down and play some battlefield 3 :-p

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pictures Taken With Your Galaxy Nexus!-uploadfromtaptalk1324021220129.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    JoeNM84 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tx_tuff View Post
    Haven't gotten to do much with it, picked up phone and went to work.
    mmmm Dell D500/600/800 series

Global Posts
    683 Global Posts

I am afraid I can't show you the first set of pictures I took with this phone!

Global Posts
    336 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP or CM10

At the hockey game last night

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    ROM
    Codename Android 1.4.0

Still trying to get the hang of taking photos and then uploading them lol.. instant upload doesn't seem to like me all that much.

Photos are unedited, taken indoors with different white balance settings and no flash. The "whiter" one is done with the "Incandescent" setting - most of the colors are right, but the walls are too light and the browns aren't quite right. The "pinker" ones are done with the "fluorescent" setting and are more accurate for the walls and brown colors, but the blues/blacks are slightly purpler than they should be. The lighting in the room is a compact fluorescent bulb on a ceiling fan. The picture of the stuffed animal is almost perfect, except the crate is a little too purple (like I said above).

Added one done with flash and fluorescent setting both on - colors look absolutely dead-on perfect to me, even with the pastel-rainbow bunny which I had sincere doubts would come out right. (the pink blur on the side of the shelving unit is the reflection of a hot pink feather boa lol). Maybe very slightly washed out from the flash, but not enough that it would disappoint me. Actually the wall is losing its pink again but I've come to expect that (maybe I have low expectations)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pictures Taken With Your Galaxy Nexus!-img_20111216_095220.jpg   Pictures Taken With Your Galaxy Nexus!-img_20111216_095326.jpg   Pictures Taken With Your Galaxy Nexus!-img_20111216_134140.jpg   Pictures Taken With Your Galaxy Nexus!-img_20111216_142226.jpg  
    Last edited by belniente; 12-16-2011 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshadow001 View Post
    It's not there man, just giving you a heads up

Let's see if this works? Never posted pics using tapatalk before

Current: VZW Galaxy Nexus
    Previously: generic flip phones -> Samsung Alias u740 -> Blackberry Storm 1-> Droid X
    jhtheking likes this.

Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    ROM
    Droid Inc JB 4.1.1

Just some quick ones I have snapped the last couple days, most in low light situations.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pictures Taken With Your Galaxy Nexus!-img_20111215_182634.jpg   Pictures Taken With Your Galaxy Nexus!-img_20111216_065416.jpg   Pictures Taken With Your Galaxy Nexus!-img_20111216_085124.jpg   Pictures Taken With Your Galaxy Nexus!-img_20111216_114906.jpg   Pictures Taken With Your Galaxy Nexus!-img_20111216_125647.jpg  

"I thought I wanted a career. Turns out I just wanted paychecks."
    Copy Referral Link. - Start with 15GB of space. You and I get 5GB extra! No limits!
    Dropbox Referral Link. - We both get 500MB extra.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pictures Taken With Your Galaxy Nexus!-uploadfromtaptalk1324071961058.jpg  
    smitty24 likes this.

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_jax View Post

Let's see if this works? Never posted pics using tapatalk before

Man that dog is PISSED! haha

these pictures are horrible. extremely disappointing..

(picture quality, not what's in it)
    Droid Razr Maxx Owner.

Global Posts
    336 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP or CM10

Quote Originally Posted by Phadunkin View Post
    these pictures are horrible. extremely disappointing..

(picture quality, not what's in it)
    I disagree - the still photos are as good as other phones. NO its not iphone quality, but for a 0 lag shutter, they are good enough for me and my day-to-day picture taking.

the HTC Rhyme takes better photos than this thing. [among other devices i've messed with]

These pictures have no crisp and refreshing look to them.. really bland, dull, and grainy.
    Droid Razr Maxx Owner.

buy a camera then

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    ROM
    Codename Android 1.4.0

Quote Originally Posted by Phadunkin View Post
    the HTC Rhyme takes better photos than this thing. [among other devices i've messed with]

These pictures have no crisp and refreshing look to them.. really bland, dull, and grainy.
    Maybe I'm crazy, but I thought the pictures were very realistic looking. Sure, they don't "pop" but to be honest, nothing on my shelf DOES "pop;" there are lots of colors, but any popping would be software enhancement anyways. I kind of like that the camera doesn't automatically do all that stuff to it, and I can just choose to do it later. Oh and as for grainy, all these pictures have been resized anyways so it's hard to say what's actually grainy and what's just an artifact from resizing. If the problem with these pictures was that it wasn't focusing properly and that details were muddy, that'd be one thing, but when it's just the colors I can't see the problem. The software has editing tools for that.

Here's a couple examples, the original and the "popping" images... sure the ones that "pop" are more aesthetically pleasing immediately, but it's not quite real. I like that I'm given the power to choose exactly what the pictures look like, and whether they represent realistic colors, what I think it should look like, or what the software thinks it should look like.

I think the whole camera thing is just another example of something in Android that is made to be tweaked rather than "just work," and therefore what you cite is not a problem imo. Then again, this is my first smartphone (and I think my first 5MP camera believe it or not) so it's possible I just have no good basis for comparison.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pictures Taken With Your Galaxy Nexus!-shelfplain.jpg   Pictures Taken With Your Galaxy Nexus!-shelfedit.jpg   Pictures Taken With Your Galaxy Nexus!-treetopper.jpg   Pictures Taken With Your Galaxy Nexus!-treetopperedit.jpg  
Page 1 of 22 1234 ... LastLast