Notifications & Ringtone Volume Low?
05-06-2016 08:21 AM
- I was still unhappy with Volume+ Pro, so I contacted Samsung. They told me to do a hard reset. You lose all your data, but it helped. Still not as loud as I would like, but much better than what it started as. I am reloading apps, so I am anxious to see how Volume+ works then.12-21-2011 12:13 AM
- I was still unhappy with Volume+ Pro, so I contacted Samsung. They told me to do a hard reset. You lose all your data, but it helped. Still not as loud as I would like, but much better than what it started as. I am reloading apps, so I am anxious to see how Volume+ works then.
I downloaded a bunch of ring tones and notification stuff from Zedge. The tones that come with device seem to be sampled very low.
I am really starting to love this device.12-21-2011 12:34 AM
- That's really odd that a factory reset has upped the volume - well out of desperation (I much prefer the GS2 after bring the ET4G that we have left from a Sprint trial, but I need a phone on VZW, so the GNex is the next best thing in my case, so with the mid Jan return date, hoping there's a volume fix, camera fix etc... - picked one up yesterday, a Razr for my wife.
Copying over my notification tones, they are a decent volume , thin but decent volume - but YouTubeNetFlixix and playing MP3's with Mort Player or Google Music are still very low. Maybeyb then the reset will help if you guys say so, will have to mess around and see ....
One thing that drove me nuts and I resolved - copying files via MTP (really missing USB mass storage mode which is def faster for mesuccessfulsful copies via MTP only work if I copy files / folders into the ROOT of the GNex internal storage - otherwise file copies fail.
I saw many others had this issue - while some have no issues copying files - I'm Win7 x64, not sure how that could make a diff - but after switching cables, USB ports, installing the Samsung MTP drivers etc. - I just happened to notice that a copy into the ROOT of a small MP3 (ring tone filesuccessfulssfull going into the ROOT while if I copied it to a "download" folder, it would fail each time (it would just sit and after a few minuthe , teh copy would fail).
So if anyone has issues with file copies - try to they to teh ROOT, off topic but spreading the word as it saved me much grief to learn this the hard way.
My REAL problem though - 3G has lost connrequiringrequireing a restart (airplane mode ON and OFF didn't help) - this happened with the Bionic that I tried for a whole couple of days at launch (which drove me to to try Sprint and the ET4G) and I bought my wife a Razr yesterday - it has also lost it's 3G connection (we are in a non LTE arenearbyugh mearby there is LTE). I can try to work on the camera, speaker etc. - but the data issues have to clear up, frustrI'mng but i'm desperate and will try to make it work .
If I solve thNetFlixbe / Netflix, low volume - via a reset or any other means, I'll be sure to post here and keep checking for other's solutions - thanks for the info.12-21-2011 03:52 AM
In place of Music FX select Volume Plus, this will activate Volume + .
Maybe I'm wrong but until i selected volume plus in under settings, sound, it didn't seem to make a difference. Even so.it makes a small.difference, the speaker only distorts.
I picked up Razr for my.wife, GNexus for myself yesterday, with the mid January return period figured I'd try the GNexus.
Copying files to the GNexus over MTP, if i don't copy.to the root of the GNexus storage area, file copies will hang, copy to the root.no problem. This is aggravating as i like to use the PC to move around files and folders on the phone but if doing anything other than copying to the root, even moving files around within the phone's storage it hangs. I read many examples of others having file.copy issues (slow, not reliable etc)
Seems some don't have file.copy.issues., def miss mass storage mode.
Lost 3g connectivity once already, in a non LTE area at the moment. The display with the same pics and wallpaper used on epic touch, on GNexus colors are dull, camera wasn't as bad as expected but not much better than my original Droid indoors. Probably will go.back but i can't use a gs2 on Verizon so i wanted this phone to meet or.exceed the gs2 so badly, 2 yrs to live with so many shortcomings is rough. Guess as much as hate too, waiting another few months after waiting all 2011 may be the answer. Unless the GNexus grows on me. Right now and all.day today I'm.using the epic.touch wifi only still, ha.
With the search bar at the top and virtual buttons, there's to me slightly less room.on the GNexus over the 4.5" ET4G, only when playing a YouTube video.full.screen is the GNexus slightly larger and then it's a small amount and the colors are washed out. I think anyone that says the GNexus blows away the gs2, at least the ET4G, they haven't used the epic touch much or at all as the camera, speaker, vibrant display (i will.take quality over resolution), etc - then ics will be avail and the new ToucWiz i dont mind, it actually makes for useful stuff like joining Facebook contacts, power widget with rotation and other items, this is.off topic I'm realizing, sorry, just frustrated.
Good luck to us all with getting the volume situation corrected, play a few YouTube videos for those that say they can't comment on the speaker.12-21-2011 06:02 PM
- 12-22-2011 04:39 AM
- 02-13-2012 11:40 AM
- The easiest way I have found to do this requires a single file from Windows XP.
SNDREC32.exe is a super simple app that will boost volume of wav. files. You will need to convert mp3 to wav, send it through sndrec32 and convert it back. Yes it works in Windows 7. Just have someone with an XP machine copy that file and drop the .exe so the email app will accept it.
If you need an easy file conversion tool, Switch Sound File Converter is free.
Good luck08-06-2013 09:08 PM
- I contacted Samsung because, while I love the phone, I CANNOT hear the notifications. They said it may be addressed in a future fix but also told me that I can contact Voice Support to express my concerns. Maybe if a large group contacts them it will speed things along.
You can contact our voice support at 1-888-987-4357, Mon-Fri: 7 AM - 9 PM (CST), Sat: 9 AM - 6 PM (CST).12-09-2013 12:54 PM
- ok got the phone finally, been playing around with it. anyone else notice all the sounds on the phone are really low? ie. ringtone and all notifications? the speaker is not up to par as the tbolt, anyway of getting these sounds higher? and yes ofcourse i increased the volume under settings08-17-2015 08:14 AM
- ok got the phone finally, been playing around with it. anyone else notice all the sounds on the phone are really low? ie. ringtone and all notifications? the speaker is not up to par as the tbolt, anyway of getting these sounds higher? and yes ofcourse i increased the volume under settings05-06-2016 08:21 AM
- Samsung Android Phones
- More Samsung Phones
- Samsung Galaxy Nexus
- Verizon Galaxy Nexus
Notifications & Ringtone Volume Low?
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD