Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Default Re: Bug Tracker & Solution Finder

My screen definitely has a blue tint and it's not consistent across the screen. With a white background, the right side is slightly blue and gets more blue as I look to the left.

Also, when typing text, if I tap my finger to move the cursor to fix a typo, the cursor appears under my finger than jumps somewhere else after I lift my finger. Pretty annoying.

Anyone else seeing these? Pretty great phone overall, I'm happy but also hoping the issues get fixed soon.
    Last edited by PureAndroid; 12-16-2011 at 05:21 AM.

Global Posts
    242 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drwatz0n View Post
    I will be honest... I am somewhat disappointed with the screen on the Nexus. The viewing angle is pretty bad, anywhere past a 35 angle or so causes a blue tint to cover the screen. I'm also having WiFi issues, but I cannot determine if it is my school network or not.

Edit: I do have a screen protector, so that could be part of the problem.
    This is the very first thing I noticed coming from the Rezound. No screen protector on either phone. On the Rezound I had the screen brightness to roughly 20%, and the whites still looked white on the display. On the blue hue is reduced at about 35% but it is still noticeable, and off axis viewing really brings out the blue hue.

Quote Originally Posted by PureAndroid View Post
    My screen definitely has a blue tint and it's not consistent across the screen. With a white background, the right side is slightly blue and gets more blue as I look to the left.

Also, when typing text, if I tap my finger to move the cursor to fix a typo, the cursor appears under my finger than jumps somewhere else after I lift my finger. Pretty annoying.

Anyone else seeing these? Pretty great phone overall, I'm happy but also hoping the issues get fixed soon.
    These are the only two posts I found regarding this blue hue. I don't remember reading about this issue on the Euro version either. Everyone I showed it to yesterday noticed it too. I wonder if this is isolated and an exchange is in order?

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Nickinson View Post
    How is LTE for everybody? I'm seeing 3G a lot more than I'm used to, and I've seen other blogger pals saying the same.
    It has worked well for me while in the Sacramento area.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2, Verizon Galaxy S4, or N7, or MacBook Air
    Thanked by:
    bplewis24 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by garaxiel View Post

3:Second problem i have now found. was able to copy over Ring Tones and Notification sounds no problem, but when i went to copy Pictures over in MTP mode it just Hung my PC. Have to copy pictures over in PTP mode to make it work but it's going SLOOOOOOOOOOW. Like USB 1.0 slow. Mind you this is on Windows 7 64bit so......
    I have this exact annoying issue, the xfer just locks up.

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drwatz0n View Post
    I will be honest... I am somewhat disappointed with the screen on the Nexus. The viewing angle is pretty bad, anywhere past a 35 angle or so causes a blue tint to cover the screen. I'm also having WiFi issues, but I cannot determine if it is my school network or not.

Edit: I do have a screen protector, so that could be part of the problem.
    I used a screen protector, took it off and screen is much better now! For some reason the protector made the screen look terrible. Now I love it!

Global Posts
    569 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP 25/Imoseyon lean 2.2

What I have found:

1) When I select a GMail notification from the notification bar, it does nothing. It should open GMail
    Solved: The notifications in the bar were from a third party app GMail Notifier 1.7 which, when clicked, did nothing. The stock notifier works. Just cannot customize the color of the LED and the notification icon...sigh.

2) Everytime I shut down and turn the phone back on, I get "Android is Upgrading" notice...then it proceeds to optimize all 111 apps, slowing down the boot process considerably.

3) Also see the Facebook account bug listed above where you cannot add a FB account to the Add Account page.

Anyone find a reboot widget that works where I can do a regular reboot and not have to Power Off and On?
    Last edited by Hosehead; 12-16-2011 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman0803 View Post
    Quick question, what are "SEARCES"??

I could've sworn that I read in another thread that this is intentional on FBs part. Something with the API. Could be misremembering though.
    Well.....that's not cool.

I only say that also because on my HTC Droid Inc. i went to "add contacts" from facebook to my gmail account and they never saved in gmail so that was the only way i had a few people's phone numbers. Guess i'll be going through them manually.

Global Posts
    10,403 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Terminal Led differences. On low brightness settings, with white on the screen, such as this forum, perfect parralel lines display different shades of white. It kinda sucks, is this happening on other phines? Do i have a deffective phone?
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android Rev. HD 2.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by Hosehead View Post
    Anyone find a reboot widget that works where I can do a regular reboot and not have to Power Off and On?
    I would like to know this too... I have "Quick Boot" on my other devices and it is nice, but it requires root, and I am not quite ready to root just yet. Want to see if signal strength and battery life are improved with updates.
    Thanked by:
    ebrown126 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wassct View Post
    I used a screen protector, took it off and screen is much better now! For some reason the protector made the screen look terrible. Now I love it!
    I had the same experience. They initially sold me the "anti-glare" screen protectors (I wasn't paying attention) and they did the screen a real disservice. I got a pack of the regular screen protectors and it's good now.

Hrmmm.....Bluetooth magically fixed itself. works fine today.

Global Posts
    569 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP 25/Imoseyon lean 2.2

Galaxy Gremlins!

ROM
    Bugless Beast

Quote Originally Posted by Hosehead View Post
    3) Also see the Facebook account bug listed above where you cannot add a FB account to the Add Account page.
    I don't think this qualifies as a "bug". This is probably intentional.

Brandon

Not sure if this is me and/or something I've inadvertently done, but my browser shortcut down in the dock area on the home screens has just disappeared a couple of times now. I accidentally dropped a different app shortcut that I was making on top of it yesterday which created a folder, so not thinking I grabbed the whole folder and drug it up to "remove", which obviously removed both apps from that dock location. I put the browser shortcut back, but since then it's just randomly disappeared a couple of times now (at least I can't think of anything I would have done...). Just shows an empty spot on the right side of that dock area on the home screens.

Anyone else had this happen by chance??

Just restating a problem some folks have with the LED light here - very inconsistent. Was working fine yesterday, but now doesn't work at all except for phone calls. Not quite sure how to get it working...
    Slink
    Follow me on Twitter!
    ManBearPig618 likes this.

No bluetooth love for me. Still having issues with the G-Nex sending the correct phonebook entries to my in-car BT (Nissan). It works for voice send/receive calls, and it sends only a few (but not most!) of my contacts to the car, which prohibits using it for voice dialing, etc.

Anyone have a workaround?

ROM
    Tranquil Ice V6.0h

Me, too. Yesterday, I couldn't listen to music thru Bluetooth car audio or headphone. Now, I can (after a reboot). Maybe it was not fully working right after 4.0.2 update.

ROM
    Tranquil Ice V6.0h

Quote Originally Posted by xsfspd View Post
    I have this exact annoying issue, the xfer just locks up.
    File transfer thru MTP (or PTP) does not work well for me, either. When I tried to transfer a bulk of files (mostly MP3s and MP4s), they started transferring, and then it just stopped showing an error message. Is there anyone who's suffering the same issue as mine?

I've seen a few other people with the same issue on other forums, and they all seem to be using Win 7 64bit. Could this be the compatibility of Win 7 64bit?
    Thanked by:
    J T M 

ROM
    Tranquil Ice V6.0h

Quote Originally Posted by jd00510 View Post
    No bluetooth love for me. Still having issues with the G-Nex sending the correct phonebook entries to my in-car BT (Nissan). It works for voice send/receive calls, and it sends only a few (but not most!) of my contacts to the car, which prohibits using it for voice dialing, etc.

Anyone have a workaround?
    I remember seeing a post from a guy saying that, you need to pair from your car audio, not from you phone, to make it work. I haven't done it myself. But, it wouldn't hurt to try.

everytime i open the browser a new tab is opening. Also when i go back in the browser the page reloads.

So how do you submit a bug to google? Shouldnt there be directions in the first post in this therad? What good does talking about it here do? Especially if there is no workaround.
    Thanked by:
    blue duck butter likes this.

ROM
    Stock/Stock Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie8x8 View Post
    Anyone notice the speaker sounds like it turns off after every sound? Try this: test a notification or hit the volume rocker on your phone, then right after the sound, listen to the speaker on the back, you'll hear a hiss and then it stops.

Anybody else seeing this???
    Also getting this, except mine very audibly "pops" after every notification from the rear speaker.

Anyone else seeing this? My device is perfect aside from this issue, and it would suck if I would have to take it back for something stupid like this if its hardware related.

Quote Originally Posted by twalbaum View Post
    I can't get my notification light to come on at all, either. I also have that setting checked. Not sure what's going on. I'd rather not have to install Light Flow.
    For me to get the notification light, your phone has to be in sleep mode, where your screen is completely black. when you get an email, it will blink white. However, if you are actively using your phone, you won't get the notification led.

Quote Originally Posted by bplewis24 View Post
    I don't think this qualifies as a "bug". This is probably intentional.

Brandon
    Agreed. However still frustrating as i said before, on my old phone, i attempted to "Add contacts" to my GMAIL, because after linking Facebook new info popped up and i did not want to rely on Facebook for the additional info (should something like this ever happen) and Gmail did not take the additional information (or in some cases any at all) so it's like it almost said "hey,. it's in Facebook, Facebook is linked, we don;t need to copy it"

More of a frustration then anything because now i have to go hunt for phone numbers i had before.

My phone doesn't vibrate for any incoming email, message, notification, etc (it does vibrate for phone calls). I have it set to vibrate always in settings and in the settings for the individual program (gmail, email, messaging, etc) it is set to vibrate always as well.

I've also noticed one of my dock icons disappearing, but this has only happened to me once. The big issue I'm having is that my Nexus won't download anything from the market. This may or may not have something to do with me rooting and unlocking the bootloader. But if I use the web market it will push to my phone no problem, but if I try to use the market app, it says "XXX was unable to download due to an error." Also, not sure if this has anything to do with this, but on the web market I noticed I have 2 nexus devices showing, one says "Samsung Galaxy Nexus" the other says "VERIZON Galaxy Nexus." The push downloads only work when I use Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Been driving me crazy. I've cleared cache and data for market app, and have done factory resets. Still nothing.
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast