Bug Tracker & Solution Finder

shadrap

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: What little problems do u notice with your Nexus?

The signal is bad. It just is. In areas I had signal with the Bionic, Razr, and Rezound. I will lose it with the GNex. Besides that it is a fantastic phone.

ebrown126

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Same here, perfectly fast in landscape!

Only two issues, NO VM notification and can't copy my songs and pics to the phone. The xfer freezes.

I actually downloaded Verizon Visual Voicemail Nexus from the Market ...now I get the notification in the banner.

MMcCraryNJ

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: What little problems do u notice with your Nexus?

My Nexus is absolutely perfect. No screen issues. LTE seems to be great. Battery life is what it is. I have ONE issue...

The speaker pops audibly a couple of seconds after any sound is played through it. I know, every device has this in some way or another. My Galaxy Tab has this for instance. But it's quite audible on the Nexus. And what drives me nuts is that I'm an audio engineer, and I guess I'm kinda trained to pick this kinda stuff out, which is making it 100 times more irritating than it should be!

Still kind of thinking about it. I can easily exchange it for a new one, but this one is perfect ASIDE from the pop. I would hate to give it up and get one with screen banding or poor LTE connection.

Iceman0803

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
How is LTE for everybody? I'm seeing 3G a lot more than I'm used to, and I've seen other blogger pals saying the same.

Same for me...

I live in the greater Phoenix area. Work in Scottsdale and live in Chandler and so far from Tempe (where I bought the phone) to Scottsdale I have been locked on 4G all day, and it's BLAZING compared to my OGDX 3G. Love it.

I'm in Northern PHX myself (Deer Valley area). My 4G signal strength isn't all that great and my speedtests are about half of what I was expecting (getting ~5Mb/s instead of ~10Mb/s). Not a huge deal because it's still about 4x faster than 3G in my area. I do keep dropping in and out of 4G more than I would like though.

xiaosong

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Yep! I get the exact same error. On my Win 7 64 I also have the Samsung drivers to unlock the boot loader but NOT on my Win 7 32 laptop which does the same thing so I have no idea. I might reinstall my Win 7 64 machine it's time anyway and see what happens. Just wish someone with half a brain would have left mass storage as an option.

Well, the upside of not having a SD card (and hence no mass storage if I remember the reddit stuff correctly) is that you don't have to choose whether to store apps on the phone or SD card. For instance, it is nice not having to worry about installing a huge app as I have all 28gb free to install apps or do whatever with the space.

I remember when I got the OGD that people were complaining because with iOS, you could use the entire space and on android, you only had like 256MB or space for apps and stuff.

One thing I need to test out tonight is the USB OTG. If that works properly, I'll probably just dump stuff to a SD card from my computer, plug it into a USB reader and plug it into the Nexus and transfer stuff that way.

mikestorm

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Scott michaud april kathleen

I just used browser mic to say THIS IS A TEST OF THE EMERGENCY BROADCAST SYSTEM. Instead it stsrted trancribing random first and last names from my contacts. Here, Ill do it again.

Chris tom salch dane sarah.

You dont want to know what i just said there ;)

Anyone else with this problem? Try to use the mic to reply.

bb4temo

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
First off. Loving the phone. ICS is slick, phone is fast. Not sure if i like the whole add the icon to the desktop on installing an app thing but i am sure i can turn that off somewhere. Overall loving the phone.

Problems i have encountered so far though (legitimate problems not things i want like more screen rows and columns)....

1: can't seem to get Facebook Contact info to sync. Not a huge dealbreaker but pictures and ancillary info was nice to have.

2: Incompatible apps: got a bunch but i am sure that will go away....

3:Second problem i have now found. was able to copy over Ring Tones and Notification sounds no problem, but when i went to copy Pictures over in MTP mode it just Hung my PC. Have to copy pictures over in PTP mode to make it work but it's going SLOOOOOOOOOOW. Like USB 1.0 slow. Mind you this is on Windows 7 64bit so......

4: Bluetooth: it connects to both my Computer (asus bluetooth adapter) and my motorola SD-10 bluetooth headphones, but neither one plays sound with Google listen. Grrr......

I'll update more as i find quirky problems, but i am curious if anyone else is experiencing this too? or has found fixes? Maybe we can get something of a master list on here of problems of this nature

-For Facebook contact syncing, I have found an app in the Market called "syncmypix". It solves the issue of not having Facebook photos tied to your contacts.

bb4temo

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Mine always blinks. Just cant figure out how to change its color, Also cant seem to access the ringtones on the phone to put a custom tone for my alarms

You change the color of the notification light within different apps. For example, I use Go SMS. Within the settings of that app, you can choose your color of the notification light. Right now I have mine set to red. Facebook is pre-programmed to emit a blue notification light.

So basically check the various apps and their settings and see if there is an option to enable and then to customize the notification light.

bb4temo

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Scott michaud april kathleen

I just used browser mic to say THIS IS A TEST OF THE EMERGENCY BROADCAST SYSTEM. Instead it stsrted trancribing random first and last names from my contacts. Here, Ill do it again.

Chris tom salch dane sarah.

You dont want to know what i just said there ;)

Anyone else with this problem? Try to use the mic to reply.

I just said the same thing that you said and mine came out perfectly. Try speaking clearly and naturally but with your mouth close to the microphone. I would say 12 inches away is plenty. :)

mikestorm

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Its not the user. Found others at google support with the exact same problem. Besides, you might have a point if the words were random. They're not. Only and exclusively first and last names from my contact list.

Also, when i use google voice from the search widget it works perfectly.

kaestner

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
My lock screen controls are not working properly with the Music app.

When I press "Pause" on the lock screen after turning on the screen, the tap is registered but nothing happens for about 20 seconds. Then, the music will pause. Once I tap play, the music starts again immediately. Any time I tap pause/play it works fine, as long as the screen remains on the whole time. However, as soon as the screen turns off and I press pause again after turning on the screen, the same thing happens. Another 20 seconds before any reaction.

I tried uninstalling the updates for the Music app but the same thing happened.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Chief83

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm having an issue with my email in that the font size of the person from whom it came is so large it covers the portion of the message. It was fine this AM then the problem started in the afternoon. When I open the message it is okay. It is only on the opening page which shows what emails are in.
I tried reloading my email didn't help. It may be when it syncs with my general email account. Anyone else experiencing this?

In general battery is okay, not great, signal strength is poor (but have not lost calls yet), volume on rings is poor.

jcochran1977

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
I was finally able to get a picture to go but not on wifi I had to be on 3G..

Also I am very close to my router but my wifi signal is only showing 2 bars...is this a nexus thing. I seem to remember the Nexus S having a similar issue.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

jd00510

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I remember seeing a post from a guy saying that, you need to pair from your car audio, not from you phone, to make it work. I haven't done it myself. But, it wouldn't hurt to try.

Have tried that, no result. I think it's an issue with the way the phone sends the phonebook info to the car ... but no way to prove that yet ... Hoping to find others with the same issue ... maybe a fix in 4.03?