Exchange Service Has Stopped

hitem20

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having this issue? I have all the correct information in for my MS Exchange Email address and when it tries to sync I keep getting the "Unfortunately Exchange Service Has Stopped". I have taken the battery out and did a factory reset and I still have the issue.

hitem20

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Verizon in store techs were helpless and said they have no encountered this issue anywhere else. I asked what I was supposed to do and the young lady just stood there and looked at me with a blank stare, I just walked out.

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I know Touchdown is not free but it has a lot of good functionality that the stock exchange setup does not. I have used it on all of the Android phones.

I have not made the jump yet though. The signal strength have me scare at this point. I am glad TD works though.
Thanks

hitem20

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I know Touchdown is not free but it has a lot of good functionality that the stock exchange setup does not. I have used it on all of the Android phones.

I have not made the jump yet though. The signal strength have me scare at this point. I am glad TD works though.
Thanks

I was worried about my signal strength as well. I then turned off LTE and I went from 1 bar to a full signal.

Could you point out a few good things about Touchdown?

Thank you

Last edited:

hitem20

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Now I keep getting the error message pop up even when I am not trying to access the exchange mail app. Since it appears no one else is experiencing this and Verizon tech could not fix it, should I ask for a new phone?

northbanker

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm following this thread withmuch interest. (and any other that discusses early adopters experiences w/ EAS)

For me a stable reliable EAS is paramount. And it's one big reason why I've resisted MotoBlur Droids for so long, and have been so attracted to the Nexus' vanilla Android.

My assumption has been that it would do a super solid job of synching Exchange.

hitem20

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm following this thread withmuch interest. (and any other that discusses early adopters experiences w/ EAS)

For me a stable reliable EAS is paramount. And it's one big reason why I've resisted MotoBlur Droids for so long, and have been so attracted to the Nexus' vanilla Android.

My assumption has been that it would do a super solid job of synching Exchange.

NB, I am using Touchdown for my Exchange Business emails and it is working flawlessly. So far this is the only problem I have with the Nexus although its sort of a big one. I am still getting the errors and it has locked my phone twice since release.

northbanker

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
NB, I am using Touchdown for my Exchange Business emails and it is working flawlessly. So far this is the only problem I have with the Nexus although its sort of a big one. I am still getting the errors and it has locked my phone twice since release.

Aha. So is this thread really about Touchdown?

Although I've heard some good things about TD, I've also heard of some limitations. I was hoping not to have to use TD, but rather to use vanilla Android/EAS functionality.

Does TD use it's own synching mechanism or does it piggyback EAS built into Android?

hitem20

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Aha. So is this thread really about Touchdown?

Although I've heard some good things about TD, I've also heard of some limitations. I was hoping not to have to use TD, but rather to use vanilla Android/EAS functionality.

Does TD use it's own synching mechanism or does it piggyback EAS built into Android?

Its not about TD for me. But since I can not find anyone else having this issue, its clearly a limited problem. I used the standard EAS on my Droid X and thus far prefer the TD. Once my problem is fixed I wont be going back to the standard EAS.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz