Nexus Echo on voice calls?

Cauhauna

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Its not a glaringly bad echo, but i can definitely hear myself through the ear piece

It is very annoying my droid x did not do this.

Anyone else experiencing this?

giancarlocan

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I had two people complain that they could hear their own voice in their ear when they were speaking to me on my new Galaxy Nexus.

The first was via Google Voice and the reported echo was delayed 1-2 seconds. The other was directly through Verizon but the echo was almost instant.

Both echos were fixed when I removed my headphones. I tried my Apple headphones as well as the earbuds that came bundled with the device, both produced an echo. :-\

illmatic13

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I've had no problem with my phone echoing my voice during phone calls but I did have to exchange my galaxy nexus right now because my first one would make a rattling noise around the back speaker part of the phone every time my phone vibrated. luckily the verizon I bought it at still had some in stock for me to exchange with

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
The person I'm talking to hears their voice echo (not mine), but only when using earbuds. I've tried it with 2 sets, both expensive ones, and they both produce the echo. If I pull the earbuds out and use the phone by itself, no echo. Seems to be a headset exclusive issue. I read something (on another forum) about noise cancellation settings for the headset, but I have no idea where those settings are.

geekmomof3

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I am frequently having this problem. I use headphones all the time because this is my work phone. They are high quality Bose headphones that I had been using with my prior phone with no issues at all. The echo happens a lot when I'm trying to get into conference call systems that ask for a passcode. The code gets read back and it has many doubled digits even though the phone shows that the code was entered correctly. I've been unable to use my phone for conference calls as a result and have had to use my home phone to get in. Very annoying.

I also get a painful static sound through my headphones at various times, including when I hang up from some calls.

shellfish513

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I have a reliable fix that works for me. When I plug in my headset, there are 2 "notches" the plug has to go past before the headset is fully plugged in the jack. Once I plug the headset in fully, there is a tiny amount I can pull the plug out of the jack while still remaining "fully plugged in" (past both notches). When the plug is fully in, there's an echo. But when I pull the plug out slightly, the echo disappears. It's almost as if the headset echoes only if the plug touches the back of the jack. The moment they're separated...no more echo. I hope other people try this and let me know if it works for you.

Jeff43

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Its not a glaringly bad echo, but i can definitely hear myself through the ear piece

It is very annoying my droid x did not do this.

Anyone else experiencing this?

I had this happen two times the week I got it. Hasn't done it since *knock on wood*.

kellygh5

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I reported the bug-per a previous post suggestion. My echo happens randomly under standard calling conditions. No bluetooth, speaker phone etc. Twice I gave up on the call, because after hanging up and calling back 4+ times, my voice was still echoing. Very annoying. This has happened to me 4x in the past 11 days. At least twice, I was in a solid 4g area. Once, my phone appeared to be in between? Just gray bars. I am not tech savvy like many, but I do expect my G'nex to make and receive phone calls without issue or advanced OS troubleshooting knowledge.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX