Nexus won't rotate on home screens?

niroowns

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else notice that their phone doesn't rotate when moving from vertically to horizontally or vice versa for any of their home screens? I did check in settings that auto-rotate was checked off.

It does seem to do it in youtube (to go to full screen)....

Is this something that has been changed in ICS?

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else notice that their phone doesn't rotate when moving from vertically to horizontally or vice versa for any of their home screens? I did check in settings that auto-rotate was checked off.

It does seem to do it in youtube (to go to full screen)....

Is this something that has been changed in ICS?

No, the screen didn't rotate on Gingerbread either. The only time the home screens rotated was after I installed apps, like Launcher Pro.

Quills#WP

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
in my experience (which is limited), home only rotates with a non-stock launcher (e.g., adw).

EDIT: pauldroidr2d2 beat me to it. ;-)

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure there will be custom ROMs to allow this ability. It rotates on some of the ICS ROMs I've installed on my NS4G.

ph0zz

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I've found two apps that work for rotating the home screen. The simplest (free and no ads) is Rotation Locker by madmack (note that for Auto mode to work properly you need to long-press it). There's also the ad supported Screen Rotation Control by jubo co (no long press needed). Enjoy :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy